Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather has not beat anyone great.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather has not beat anyone great.

Floyds 37-0 a 4 weight world champ 5 time world champ he's beaten WBC superfeather champ Genaro Hernandez,Angel Manfredy,Diego Corrales,Jesus Chavez,WBC lightweight champ Jose Luis Castillo twice,Phillip N'dou,Demarcus Corley,WBC lightwelter champ Arturro Gatti,Sharmba Mitchell,IBF welterweight champ Zab Judah,WBC welterweight champ Carlos Baldermir but you guys continue to put him down and slag him off he's a great fighter with great skills and when he,s gone you will be gutted because rather than enjoy him you spent his career bitching about him i did the same with Lennox and i was gutted makes me laugh most of you guys will defend a joker like Calzaghe but you will slag off a fighter who is great and is proving it against the divisions best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mostly agree but about his last two point's Julio Cesar Chavez was well in the decline of his career and many people still think that De La Hoya was given a gift against Pernell Whitaker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To add to that, the author made the Whitaker fight sound like a beatdown on Oscar's part and it was anything but

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    Floyds 37-0 a 4 weight world champ 5 time world champ he's beaten WBC superfeather champ Genaro Hernandez,Angel Manfredy,Diego Corrales,Jesus Chavez,WBC lightweight champ Jose Luis Castillo twice,Phillip N'dou,Demarcus Corley,WBC lightwelter champ Arturro Gatti,Sharmba Mitchell,IBF welterweight champ Zab Judah,WBC welterweight champ Carlos Baldermir but you guys continue to put him down and slag him off he's a great fighter with great skills and when he,s gone you will be gutted because rather than enjoy him you spent his career bitching about him i did the same with Lennox and i was gutted makes me laugh most of you guys will defend a joker like Calzaghe but you will slag off a fighter who is great and is proving it against the divisions best
    Very well spoken.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC#2848 Wacko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    We all know what gonna happen. even after PBF beats oscar they will still say he hasn't fought anybody. The Oscar fans/PBF haters who say Oscar is his first test and that oscar is the first quality fighter PBF has fought since 2002 change. They'll say Oscar was old and some other bullshit to take away from PBF win.
    They might say it but if he beats Oscar that is a huge feather in his cap especially since he is beating someone bigger. I still think Oscar lost legitimitely to Hopkins. Oscar is being given a great gift here to fight a smaller guy who had not fought big guys really.. I think Floyd can handle the weight. I think. But if Floyd wins and wins impressively he will be the biggest thing in boxing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its just unfortunate for floyd he doesn't have anyone great to fight, he has some good addition he can fight cotto or hatton but to bad his not the type of fighter that would be hungry just to prove he'll whoop them. the bad part about floyd is he wasted his time fighting lesser fighter, he should of just promote himself better by calling out everyone that came close to be consider better. hatton and cotto will be a great addition but not so much a great fighter to list...unfortunately for floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who should he have fought?
    Cotto in 2005? Cotto was completely inexperienced at that time. Like, 17-18 fights or something?
    Had Floyd beat him then his haters would say he just beat an underdeveloped inexperienced Cotto.
    This fight will probably come off one day (assuming Cotto makes it past Judah). Let the damn thing get juicy a bit.

So who should he have fought? Margarito? What has Margarito done to earn a shot against Floyd?

Hatton? Hindsight makes it look like Floyd is in a completely different league than Hatton. The fight sounded like a good idea 2 years ago, but judging by the way they developed and seeing as Hatton is uncomfortable fighting at 147 and Floyd is jumping into 154 against a future HOFer in his first fight, it doesn't appear as if Hatton would've stood a chance against Floyd.
    I really don't see Floyd - Hatton coming off any time soon.

KT? Would Floyd really have gotten recognition for beating a 36yo KT?

Who should he have fought instead of what his roster suggests?
    Floyd never got a Hagler or Hearns. Whose fault is that? Not Floyds.
    So he goes out and completely dominates whatever IS out there.

God dammit I can't wait 'til tomorrow.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I enjoyed the read & it has some valid points but guys like Leonard fought on free to air T.V a lot of the time & so did the guys he beat like Hagler & Hearns. Although those fights were PPV the casual fan had seen them fight before.

Thing is you could ask the same questions of any of the guys in the top 10 p4p & the result would be the same. Most guys I know that don't follow boxing haven't even heard of Pacquiao, Wright, the Marquez brothers, Taylor, Hopkins, Calzaghe, Barrera or Hatton!

The only guys with some name value are Taylor, Hopkins & possibly Hatton. But ask a casual fan to name 2 guys each has beaten & they'll struggle.

The article doesn't have an relevance to show Floyd doesn't belong at top of the p4p list. Just because people who don't follow the game don't know the guys Floyd has defeated doesn't mean sh*t. The fans know how good he is & how good this match-up is. The fact that these folks who wouldn't know a jab from a hook are talking about boxing proves my point!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    yeah but then you ask "Were either Whitaker or Chavez in theit primes?"

And you get "no"

And then when you ask "And dont some or most people think Whitaker got robbed the decision?"

And you will get a "yes" this time
    prime or not de la hoya could beat both, their too short

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by acquitted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    yeah but then you ask "Were either Whitaker or Chavez in theit primes?"

And you get "no"

And then when you ask "And dont some or most people think Whitaker got robbed the decision?"

And you will get a "yes" this time
    prime or not de la hoya could beat both, their too short

With that logic, Valuev should still be undefeated right now.
    An aging Whitaker arguablly beat Oscar. Whether you had Oscar winning or not, you can't deny it was close. So you don't think a prime Whitaker could've beaten Oscar?
    Because he's too short??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if he hasnt beat anyone great yet,he will have by Sunday morning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy

The article is right !

But we find out on Saturday how good Floyd Mayweather is and if he is talking about a massacre and beating 'Bitch' Dela Hoya then he better put up.

I pray to Almighty Jebus that Oscar whups him bad and humbles him !!!

I thoroughly detest Mayweather,before i was indifferent but after the 3rd edition of 24/7 my indifference has taken a deadly toxic turn and I'm even thinking of writing his management a letter to underline my displeasure .

That'll show em .
    Regardless of what anyone says, Mayweather may not be getting the most money for this fight, but he is the one that is stirring up all of the commotion. His attitude that he he is putting on is drawing everyone to this fight.
    Play Poker For Fun or For Cash!!<br />Hidden Content Traffic To You Websites!!<br />http://trafhit.com/?ref=271351

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

honestey i fuckin heate mayeweather but who the fukv has dlh beat

he beat old man zchavze and mr ovverated vardges that sit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the hype is easily going to be the best part of this fight.
    ODH is bloody old and slow compared to his younger years but he will weigh around a stone more than PBF come fight time. He is stronger but PBF is fitter and much faster.
    I see a points decision to PBF.
    Or a rip off money maker decision given to ODH complete with a return bout.

Mayweather is fighting a shadow of ODH in his prime and it's a shame because Mayweather is a fantastic boxer.
    He should be fighting Cotto and Hatton but they don't offer anywhere near the kind of money that will come from fighting an old ODH.
    Fight of the century?
    More like Fight of the weekend.
    It will be worth watching but I can't see ODH catching Mayweather and I can't see PBF hurting ODH but comfortably coasting to a points win over another old opponent.

Thread Information