Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who stands the most realistic chance of beating Floyd Mayweather?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should PBF fight next? Fighters that you think can beat PBF....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should PBF fight next? Fighters that you think can beat PBF....

B-HOP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    By any means Am I saying he would beat PBF but what would you say to a Simms vs. PBF at 154?
    By the way the name just popped into my head and I thought it'd be worth a mention.
    I just realized Simms is 36 I thought he was younger, sad to see he missed out on some 3 years.
    Simms wouldn't win.. Mayweather is too quick and they have the same style, but Mayweather is better at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Mosely this would be a very tactical fight it probably would'nt be exciting but it would be a boxing masterclass

ICB Guest

Mosley he is fast and is only one on that list that is up to par with Mayweathers speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know Collazo gave Hatton everything he could handle, and more... If he hadn't been knocked down for whatever reason in the first round that fight was his. Mosley was faster than Collazo and won the fight decisively. Cotto is too slow, and doesn't have a great chin I think Mayweather would UD Cotto and OScar would knock him out. Margaritto same thing as Cotto.

I don't believe Winky can get back down to 154.. He's been weighing in at 170 for middleweight fights, and now he is fighting at 170 in which he will probably weigh close to 180 for the fight. I think that if he did get back down he is a little too old at this point, but yes he would be very tough for Mayweather and I think in his prime he beats Mayweather more often than not at 154.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Mosley because the other dont have the speed and i dont see a Winky fight ever happening so I went with Shane because he is the only person that has near the combination of speed and power to beat him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    I wanted to see him fight Ricky Hatton at 147, but honestly, that's just because I believe it will be a brutal beating for Hatton. He SHOULD fight Mosley because I want to see Floyd push himself. I like Floyd but as of late I've been getting frustrated with him. He clearly beat ODLH but I feel like if he stepped it up a bit in the last four rounds and put some punches together, he could have stopped ODLH. If he doesn't put in more work against Mosley, I actually believe that Mosley will win and possibly knock Floyd out. It's too bad that Mosley didn't take the fight in February because now I think that Floyd is probably holding a grudge against Mosley. I don't really blame him either, Mosley really has been ducking Floyd for years and now his old ass wants to cash in.

floyd ducked shane...because he knows that shane will beat him....he tried to say shane ducked him and the only reason shane wanted to fight was because he was desperate for a big payday since his career was almost over..this was after shane just beat collazo...

shane was 4-0 in his last 4 fights...oscar was 1-3 and..floyd can't justify fighting oscar over shane other than money...he would get way more credit for beating shane who already beat de la hoya twice
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    floyd ducked shane...because he knows that shane will beat him....he tried to say shane ducked him and the only reason shane wanted to fight was because he was desperate for a big payday since his career was almost over..this was after shane just beat collazo...

shane was 4-0 in his last 4 fights...oscar was 1-3 and..floyd can't justify fighting oscar over shane other than money...he would get way more credit for beating shane who already beat de la hoya twice
    You CANNOT be serious with this.

Please tell us you're joking.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

judah

b-hop

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would you pick Shane

He is getting hit with straights nowadays and still keeps his hands down. Shane isn't going to outbox Floyd so he is going to have to fight inside his distance and I don't think Shane is going to be able to hurt him so I see Flody winnign a decision. And then people will just say Shane is old just like people(and Oscar) are trying to use an excuse as he lost.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

has to be mosley

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    B-HOP
    At 175, yeah. Wlad Klitchko too, for that matter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I don't know Collazo gave Hatton everything he could handle, and more... If he hadn't been knocked down for whatever reason in the first round that fight was his. Mosley was faster than Collazo and won the fight decisively. Cotto is too slow, and doesn't have a great chin I think Mayweather would UD Cotto and OScar would knock him out. Margaritto same thing as Cotto.
    Good points, but the unstated premise here is that Hatton's big game at 147. I don't think he is. So Mosley beat the guy who almost beat Hatton. That doesn't do much for me in terms of proving Mosley up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I don't believe Winky can get back down to 154.. He's been weighing in at 170 for middleweight fights, and now he is fighting at 170 in which he will probably weigh close to 180 for the fight. I think that if he did get back down he is a little too old at this point, but yes he would be very tough for Mayweather and I think in his prime he beats Mayweather more often than not at 154.
    I seriously doubt Winky weighs any more in the ring against B-Hop than he does at the weigh-in. He's just not big enough to weigh more than 170 without it being a negative. And this will only be his third fight at above 154, so I'm not convinced he can't lose 16 pounds. In fact, given his physique, I'm pretty sure he could have dried out to 154 for both of his last fights and still rehydrated back up to 170.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather

You CANNOT be serious with this.

Please tell us you're joking.
    Nah man i'm serious...listen in every post fight interview floyd had prior to beating baldomir he's never mentioned fighting shane...it wasn't until shane ko'ed vargas and beat collazo that floyd decided to even mention shane even then it was shane that called him out first...and to dismiss him (shane) as desperate is weird..esp considering the the logic by which he chooses who is worthy to fight him...

he chose not to fight margarito and hatton because they didn't meet the "two-named fighters criteria" he fought baldomir after he beat judah and gatti..there's is no logical explanation to pick oscar over shane other than money and the little piece of belt that he won..

as far as his career in history to real boxing enthusiast a victory over shane mosely is a much better accomplishment than one over oscar whom has never beaten a prime A-rated fighter....he has consciously ducked shane mosely because he knows enough about boxing to know that shane is too strong for him couple that with shane's work rate and he beats floyd easily...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley would stop him. Id bet my house on it. Hed go right after him and show him no respect and not let up like Oscar. Id be surprised if Floyd lasted 6
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information