Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who stands the most realistic chance of beating Floyd Mayweather?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Who should PBF fight next? Fighters that you think can beat PBF....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should PBF fight next? Fighters that you think can beat PBF....

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    I still truely belive that there's one man with the perfect style to beat Floyd Mayweather, and that is Ricky Hatton, Oscar proved that you can win rounds against Mayweather and so did Castillo, with effective pressure, persistance and perpetual forward motion. Forget the weight, it isn't an issue because they'll both be around 150-154 in the ring if its at welter, its all about styles. I've been saying this for 3 years now and others used to say it but they've all disappeared, but if they fight then I'm going to be putting a months pay on a Hatton victory. Mark my words, and when it happens, if Ricky loses you can all say I told you so but if not, oohhhh it'll be SO sweet.
    If you think Ricky has the style to do it, why not Cotto? Cotto has a similar style, swarmer, body puncher, probably more power. Just curious what you think.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    I still truely belive that there's one man with the perfect style to beat Floyd Mayweather, and that is Ricky Hatton, Oscar proved that you can win rounds against Mayweather and so did Castillo, with effective pressure, persistance and perpetual forward motion. Forget the weight, it isn't an issue because they'll both be around 150-154 in the ring if its at welter, its all about styles. I've been saying this for 3 years now and others used to say it but they've all disappeared, but if they fight then I'm going to be putting a months pay on a Hatton victory. Mark my words, and when it happens, if Ricky loses you can all say I told you so but if not, oohhhh it'll be SO sweet.
    If you think Ricky has the style to do it, why not Cotto? Cotto has a similar style, swarmer, body puncher, probably more power. Just curious what you think.
    I'm a big Cotto fan. I think Ricky vs. Cotto would be an better fight. I'm a huge Hatton fan too. Think Cotto could sneak it, but it'd be close.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton wins at 140, Cotto at 147 IMO
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's definitely mosely for me. He is the faster and stronger version of oscar really very dangerous for floyd, much like oscar iam still in doubt with mosely's stamina late in the game because in this bout pbf will be in full throttle chicken mode knowing that it's too dangerous for him to get caught up with a heated exchange against a focused mosely because he throws really fast and strong combinations and one or two will very likely land hard to floyd, but if pbf is in full throttle chicken mode he is always ready to back up which is where he is really good at and with that exceptional skill i don't think any amount of speed and power of mosely will matter anyway. he'll all lose it sooner or later at the later rounds.

Mosely, will need to borrow Manny pacquiao's godly endurance and heart if he intends to stop or at least outpoint mayweather in full throttle chicken mode. even then, it's still not a guaranteed win for him but at the very least the probability in getting it is infinitely higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Realistically, nobody stands a chance against Floyd Mayweather right now. He will continue to deflect punches with his shoulder roll technique, he will continue to dance and backpedal while blasting his opponent with one punch counters and he will continue to get unanimous decisions that many people will criticize him for "running away" from his opponents and not really earning.

He should stay in the game however and get those lopsided unanimous decisions(that he will most surely win) against the top welters of his time like Mosley, Cotto, Margarito and possibly Paul Williams or Hatton. One thing is for sure...Mayweather has earned the right to sit back and watch the outcomes of Williams/Margarito, Hatton/Castillo, and Cotto/Judah, then take on the winning fighters accordingly to prove he is without a doubt the most dominant and unbeatable boxer of his time. But his style wont change. Whether he beats Sugar Shane, Margarito, or Miguel Cotto, expect him to do it in the same defensive, stick-and-move slick boxing style in which he has outpointed all his other opponents as of late...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Hatton wins at 140, Cotto at 147 IMO
    Exactly mate, thing is, Cotto is too big to make it down to 140 again without causing him trouble and Ricks getting that way too, he should move up after Castillo because he looked really drained againsed Urango. He has been at L Welter since he was 18! the body naturally gets bigger in 10 years and its silly to try and stay at the weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    floyd ducked shane...because he knows that shane will beat him....he tried to say shane ducked him and the only reason shane wanted to fight was because he was desperate for a big payday since his career was almost over..this was after shane just beat collazo...

shane was 4-0 in his last 4 fights...oscar was 1-3 and..floyd can't justify fighting oscar over shane other than money...he would get way more credit for beating shane who already beat de la hoya twice
    You CANNOT be serious with this.

Please tell us you're joking.
    Nah man i'm serious...listen in every post fight interview floyd had prior to beating baldomir he's never mentioned fighting shane...it wasn't until shane ko'ed vargas and beat collazo that floyd decided to even mention shane even then it was shane that called him out first...and to dismiss him (shane) as desperate is weird..esp considering the the logic by which he chooses who is worthy to fight him...

he chose not to fight margarito and hatton because they didn't meet the "two-named fighters criteria" he fought baldomir after he beat judah and gatti..there's is no logical explanation to pick oscar over shane other than money and the little piece of belt that he won..

as far as his career in history to real boxing enthusiast a victory over shane mosely is a much better accomplishment than one over oscar whom has never beaten a prime A-rated fighter....he has consciously ducked shane mosely because he knows enough about boxing to know that shane is too strong for him couple that with shane's work rate and he beats floyd easily...
    This is completely inaccurate.
    Floyd's first choice was to fight Shane instead of Baldomir. Shane refused, saying he wouldn't fight again for the rest of the year. So then Floyd made the deal with Baldomir.
    Also, you say Floyd chose not to fight Hatton. Could you please specify when Hatton offered to fight Floyd?

EDIT: Beaten to it by albsur
    really because i have all of floyd's fight's and not once during post fight interviews has he ever mentioned shane mosely except after the baldomir fight...after judah, no shane, after gatti no shane, after mitchell no shane, after brusseles no shane, after chop-chop no shane, it wasn't until shane's career was publicly rejuvenated by stopping vargas twice did pbf mention shane and even then he dismissed him as desperate...which is weird...and anyone who says that shane duck floyd isn't that on par just because shane says he wants a tune up at a new weight before taking on the p4p best that really ducking..shane needed to see if he could still be effective at 147 after being up at 154 for so long...besides shane fights anyone who is willing...and right now i feel like playing prophet..shane mosely stops the winner of of cotto-judah....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

El Kabong Guest

...at 154, hands down it's Shane a guy who can make 154 easy and not lose any speed and he has good power and he's a great fighter when it comes to number of punches thrown....he's not gunshy at all.

Guys at 147 and 154 needed to realize that their power (especially ODH, Shane, and Cotto, and maybe even Paul Williams) is enough to hurt Floyd even if they focus it on his arms (which is what I would do). Floyd's head movement and quickness are too much for most fighters but when you get rid of his defense he's a NOBODY! His power can't really do much at 147 and up and he doesn't throw a ton of punches anymore.....you smack his arms enough and he'll drop his guard or he won't be able to fight back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    ...at 154, hands down it's Shane a guy who can make 154 easy and not lose any speed and he has good power and he's a great fighter when it comes to number of punches thrown....he's not gunshy at all.

Guys at 147 and 154 needed to realize that their power (especially ODH, Shane, and Cotto, and maybe even Paul Williams) is enough to hurt Floyd even if they focus it on his arms (which is what I would do). Floyd's head movement and quickness are too much for most fighters but when you get rid of his defense he's a NOBODY! His power can't really do much at 147 and up and he doesn't throw a ton of punches anymore.....you smack his arms enough and he'll drop his guard or he won't be able to fight back.
    well floyd doesn't just use his hands as defence he mostly uses his shoulder, and a lot of body movement and feet...and how much time would you waste trying to hit his arms after you get countered about fifty times...the trade off isn't worth it beside he'll eventually just move his whole body out of the way if the arm beating strategy was taking effect..
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep and when you get rid of Marcianos power he is a nobody too, and if you get rid of Wlads chin he is a....... Oh wait a minute Wlad dosent have a chin

El Kabong Guest

I'm just stating a strategy...it's different than anything anyone else has done....Floyd dodges and ducks but his arms and body don't move like his head and therefore are easier to hit.

If Oscar hit Floyd in the arms as hard as he could for 12 rounds what is the worst that could happen

Wlad's chin may be soft but not as soft as Floyd's hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm just stating a strategy...it's different than anything anyone else has done....Floyd dodges and ducks but his arms and body don't move like his head and therefore are easier to hit.

If Oscar hit Floyd in the arms as hard as he could for 12 rounds what is the worst that could happen

Wlad's chin may be soft but not as soft as Floyd's hands
    I'm just breaking your stones You know I got nothing but Love for Saddo's Southern Gentleman.... But I do it because you unfairly take shots at Floyd, at least put on a convincing argument that dosent indeed incriminate your Favorites too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default which fighter from the past do you think can beat mayweather

I think leonard would knock him out, hearns would to. Sugar ray robinson would knock him out. possibly Duran. I wish that these fighters fought during this era.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: which fighter from the past do you think can beat mayweather

Many to mention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    I say "Sugar" Shane Mosley. What say you fellow boxing nerds? And don't pretend like you believe that Floyd will actually stay retired, cus he won't.
    I agree with you

Oscar did well but Mosley has the potential to do better
    I would agree also had the fight happened about 3 or 4 years ago. Would be a good fight nevertheless.

Thread Information