Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default UFC Is Delusional

Next challenge?

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports
    May 6, 2007

LAS VEGAS – UFC president Dana White said Saturday he plans to make Floyd Mayweather Jr. a multi-million dollar offer to fight his lightweight champion after Mayweather's numerous putdowns of mixed martial arts fighters.

About 90 minutes after Mayweather's victory over Oscar De La Hoya, a bout in which he earned $10 million plus a cut of the pay-per-view revenues that could double that figure, White said he was prepared to match Mayweather with UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk.

White wouldn't be pinned down on a specific number, though he said, "I promise you, I will make it worth his while. I will make it very worth his while."

White was undaunted even after hearing of Mayweather's large payday.

"I told you, we can make him a very, very competitive offer if he still feels he can beat one of our guys," White said.

ADVERTISEMENT

White was so angry at repeated comments made by Mayweather disparaging the UFC and mixed martial artists during the buildup to his fight with De La Hoya that he brought UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta and Sherk to the MGM Grand Garden to make a case for a fight with Mayweather.

Mayweather sent a peace offering to White via UFC vice president Marc Ratner before Saturday's bout. Mayweather told Ratner to tell White he was only kidding when he was ripping the UFC and its fighters.

"Floyd talked to Marc Ratner and he told Marc, 'Tell Dana I love him and all this talk about the UFC was just hype,' " White said. "Floyd and I used to be really close and I was kind of disappointed and (ticked) off with the way he was talking."

As for Sherk, White said, "He loved being here and seeing the atmosphere, and I think he left here believing he'd beat the living (expletive) out of the guy if he ever got the chance."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UFC Is Delusional

mayweather would have no chance in mma, he isnt powerfull enough to keep someone from grabbing him and throwing him on the floor and after that its over no matter how shitty they are, but its stupid for dana white to even offer, he is clearly just trying to get media attention on the fact that mayweather mentioned the ufc recently now that mayweather is somewhat known to the general public, also mayweather thinks he is a promoter for some reason, i guess oscar bamboozeld him into thinking he had some promotional involvement in that fight, and now he thinks he is bob arum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sherk would win in an MMA fight and Floyd would win in a boxing match so this is just dumb to even be brought up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meh,its a Frank Warren move.Make an offer you know wont be accepted just to get the press
    Mayweather most likely made 20 Million off this fight,and he had the lower cut

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    Meh,its a Frank Warren move.Make an offer you know wont be accepted just to get the press
    the difference is that if mayweather accepted from some reason dana white wouldnt back out, he would jizz his pants over all the publicity

thats the one thing taht man will NEVER understand, and its the one thing thats kept vince mcmahon in buisness all these years

overexposure is NEVER a good thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    the difference is that if mayweather accepted from some reason dana white wouldnt back out, he would jizz his pants over all the publicity

thats the one thing taht man will NEVER understand, and its the one thing thats kept vince mcmahon in buisness all these years

Regardless of how much of a step down it is publicity-wise for Mayweather
    It makes not one iota of financial sense.
    The guys champ
    He just had a 20 million dollar challengers pay-day,and hes gonna take,what 5,for a side show

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher

Regardless of how much of a step down it is publicity-wise for Mayweather
    It makes not one iota of financial sense.
    The guys champ
    He just had a 20 million dollar challengers pay-day,and hes gonna take,what 5,for a side show
    yes, i agree
    im saying that dana white doesnt realize he is gonna KTFO the UFC with all this media exposure he is trying to get, on top of that there are so many MMA organizations on TV in the US now, and the market will soon collapse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba
    Sherk would win in an MMA fight and Floyd would win in a boxing match so this is just dumb to even be brought up.
    Exactly.
    The UFC guy would kill Floyd in a fight under UFC rules, and Floyd would kill him in a fight under boxing rules. This will never happen.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really dumb. If you're going to challenge someone (like Dana is doing to Floyd), you should have the balls to challenge them at their game, or at least compromise the rules. I mean its like Tiger Woods challenging Gretzky to a golf match. So what, you're the pro golfer, he's a hockey player, what does it prove if you win? Mayweather is too much of a marvelous boxing talent to waste his time in MMA, I hope he doesn't even dignify Dana White with a response.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is gutless of White to say that. His guy in the boxing ring would maybee go a round and a half. Sherk has no foot work and he throws arm punches. Fllyod would beat Sherk in the octagon if the fight was always of the mat. But that wouldn't happen so Floyd would most likely lose. Unless he catches his guy coming in and drops him quickly. Floyd Mayweather is faster than any man in the UFC. Be a man Dan White if you so confident in your man challenge him in your own game.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When will people realize that the MMA guy will always beat the boxer in an MMA fight and the boxer will always beat the MMA guy in boxing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    When will people realize that the MMA guy will always beat the boxer in an MMA fight and the boxer will always beat the MMA guy in boxing?
    When an MMA guy is an actually a martial artist,instead of date rape in a ring?

Face it,in tourneys where take downs are allowed jui-jitsui,and kung fu guys get tromped like a red headed step child
    They cant deal with the hand speed
    And if you cant close,they cant do a damn thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    When an MMA guy is an actually a martial artist,instead of date rape in a ring?

Face it,in tourneys where take downs are allowed jui-jitsui,and kung fu guys get tromped like a red headed step child
    They cant deal with the hand speed
    And if you cant close,they cant do a damn thing

In a boxing match, it would be a massacre. Floyd would end the fight in about 30 seconds. It would be ugly.

In an MMA fight it would cause floyd some problems, but he is fast and has excellent movement and defence and I really believe his power would be far superior. UFC man would never have felt a punch like a pro boxers before. He may be in trouble if he was taken down but with his reflexes, if he kept UFC man(also known as homoredneckus) on the end of his jab and waited for an opening one shot could finish it.

Conclusion...Boxers are far superior athletes to beer swilling UFC fighters.

A more realistic option would be to get Ricardo Mayorga into UFC. I would love to see that.
    "Run along dear, man talk" James Bond, 007, Goldfinger(1964)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow some really stupid posts

El Kabong Guest

MMA is just different.....I find it kind of boring because I enjoy boxing from a spectator's perspective but I still box but not for any money or anything....I figure I'd be better at MMA though because it's an anything goes kind of fight.

I agree with one thing Mayweather said "Those guys fight for what? 12 minutes Other than that they have some tatoos on their head and piercings and that's it. Those guys do MMA because they couldn't make it in boxing"

I agree 100% with that but you have to consider that some of those guys (well most of them) weren't trying to BOX they were wrestlers and ju-jitsu fighters which have great amateur programs but nothing too big in the professional level.

Boxing could learn a lot from Dana White from a marketing perspective....but let me just say this....

People will never get tired of seeing two guys beat the shit out of each other for money....it's the oldest sport in the world

Thread Information