Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oh snap, FLOYD GOT SCREWED!!!

It took Oscar and Trinidad in their primes to do 1.4 Million. Oscar only did 950 K with Mayorga. Oscar only did 1 million with B-Hop. It's now clear how valuable fighting Floyd Mayweather the villian is. Floyd should have held out for 60/40. Oscar is an EVIL GENIUS!!! I love it. There will be no rematch unless Floyd gets 50/50. That's now guaranteed. Oscar & Floyd for president and vice president in 2012. These two could get us universal healthcare by fighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oh snap, FLOYD GOT SCREWED!!!

I heard Oscar said that if GBP had of promoted Tito V ODLH it would has pissed all over the 5th May. An I believe it. You think about it, two fighters in their prime undeafeted champs an both really popular with all the hype and 24/7 it would have done 2.5 mil easy.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd did not get screwed.... Oscar is the biggest draw in the sport by far, and a lot of the success of this fight was due to the job Golden Boy did promoting it. Floyd couldn't have seen a fraction of that payday by fighting any other fighter on the planet, it's just logical that he'd get a considerably smaller cut. Remember that the 24/7 segments were viewed by roughly 4 million people each... And since Golden boy was behind the promotion that tells the story right there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Floyd did not get screwed.... Oscar is the biggest draw in the sport by far, and a lot of the success of this fight was due to the job Golden Boy did promoting it. Floyd couldn't have seen a fraction of that payday by fighting any other fighter on the planet, it's just logical that he'd get a considerably smaller cut. Remember that the 24/7 segments were viewed by roughly 4 million people each... And since Golden boy was behind the promotion that tells the story right there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    It took Oscar and Trinidad in their primes to do 1.4 Million. Oscar only did 950 K with Mayorga. Oscar only did 1 million with B-Hop. It's now clear how valuable fighting Floyd Mayweather the villian is. Floyd should have held out for 60/40. Oscar is an EVIL GENIUS!!! I love it. There will be no rematch unless Floyd gets 50/50. That's now guaranteed. Oscar & Floyd for president and vice president in 2012. These two could get us universal healthcare by fighting.
    Floyd did not get screwed. Oscar brought in tremedous celebrities to the fight, golden boy promotions brought in a lot of big name sponsors, HBO conceived the whole 24/7 series because Oscar was fighting the best fighter in the world. to floyd's credit he did his part in playing the bad guy and for that 20 million dollars is more than enough.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe it is a standard deal for the split to go 70/30 in favor of the title/belt holder. And see below also. I think he got a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    I thought Oscar was getting 70% of the ppv ontop of this 15 something million he was getting for the fight (as well as a cut for being the promotor?)
    Here's the link to the ESPN article: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2865349

He was guaranteed 23.3 Million for the fight and then 70% of the PPV and international revenue along with his cut from GBP. Floyd was guaranteed 10 Million and 30% of the PPV and international revenue. The PPV revenue was around 120 Million total but a lot of that goes to paying for crap (promoting the fight, blah blah blah). But they obviously got a big cut of the PPV revenue. BTW, Floyd's the only fighter to ever get an actual percentage of not only PPV but international revenue too. Oscar could buy a country.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk
    I believe it is a standard deal for the split to go 70/30 in favor of the title/belt holder. And see below also. I think he got a good deal.
    It's like that if the purse is determined by a purse bid. But for big fights the terms are negotiated.

I meant that Oscar usually gives the people he fights a flat fee and then PPV upside but Floyd's the first fighter that Oscar let have flat fee and a share of PPV and international revenue. Oscar only used to give PPV upside. PPV upside is different from a share of PPV revenue. PPV upside is the money that a fighter gets if the PPV does better than originally projected. So if a fight was projected to do 800,000 PPV buys and the fight did 1 Million PPV Buys then the fighter would get a percentage of the revenue that came from the extra 200,000 PPV buys. In Floyd's case, he got a percentage of the PPV revenue. Meaning that he's taking a certain percentage of the entire revenue that came from the entire 2.15 Million Buys (120 Million dollars) after bills are paid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok i'll just consult my accountant and get right back to you..................
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Thread Information