Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather vs. Mosley: Not Any Time Soon

"I don't care what no sparring partner has to say," Mayweather said. "Honestly, I don't pay any attention to what any sparring partners say. I don't pay attention to him. I'm not going to have a mental match with a sparring partner."

Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's close friend and adviser, agreed.

"He had his chance, and his tooth was hurt, and he wanted to take a family vacation," Ellerbe said. "He didn't make $2 million in his last fight. Floyd made more for fighting Diego Corrales six years ago than Shane Mosley did in his last fight. That just shows you the fight makes no economic sense. Shane Mosley has to be able to bring something to the table, and at this point in his career, he brings nothing to the table."

This is what Floyd has to say,I don't think this fight is being made any time soon....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs. Mosley: Not Any Time Soon

Damn I was hoping it wouldnt come to this.... I think Shane is Awesome!!! Always did always will, never abandoned him despite some people after Forrest and Wright....

To Floyds credit he did try to make that match a few times...... I would fancy a Prime Mosely to push Floyd with all his Strength and handspeed... I was never high on Shanes defense and overall quickness on his feet.. That fight would have been a pickem..

If the fight happened Now I feel Shane would get outboxed and flustered by Mayweathers quickness and Defense.... Shane has a propensity to get impatient and frustrated...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Shane but his flaws are clear at these higher weights where his speed and power cannot cover them. Floyd would win handily at 47 imo.Shane's lazy jab,at times poor footwork,hands low,hands totally low when backed up and inability to fight going backwards would cost him.

I think he would have some moments though due to his still great speed and power. I'd like to see it but it doesn't make business sense for Floyd. If we are talking pure business sense,he has to fight either the winner of the mini WW tournamment or Ricky Hatton.Or an Oscar rematch He's not retired,a smart business man never turns down some big $$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I like Shane but his flaws are clear at these higher weights where his speed and power cannot cover them. Floyd would win handily at 47 imo.Shane's lazy jab,at times poor footwork,hands low,hands totally low when backed up and inability to fight going backwards would cost him.

I think he would have some moments though due to his still great speed and power. I'd like to see it but it doesn't make business sense for Floyd. If we are talking pure business sense,he has to fight either the winner of the mini WW tournamment or Ricky Hatton.Or an Oscar rematch He's not retired,a smart business man never turns down some big $$$$
    True, I would love to see him go over to Wembley and stop Ricky Hatton... Even though it would look like the Gatti fight all over again, it would be an international success and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ galore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup although there is a danger it would go to points and Floyd wouldnt win.I don't know if that would be a smart business decision(I'm sound like Mayweather saying that!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup although there is a danger it would go to points and Floyd wouldnt win.I don't know if that would be a smart business decision(I'm sound like Mayweather saying that!)
    Yea Home Cookin is a Mofo.. I really think Floyd would let it rip, like he did before fighting Baldo... TKO round 6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm willing to bet that Castillo comes into the Hatton fight with some sort of respect to Diego Corrales on his trunks or on his robe or on something in respect. And if he is fighting that Hatton fight for Chico. Then Ricky may not walk out of that ring with his 0
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I don't care what no sparring partner has to say," Mayweather said. "Honestly, I don't pay any attention to what any sparring partners say. I don't pay attention to him. I'm not going to have a mental match with a sparring partner."

"He had his chance, and his tooth was hurt, and he wanted to take a family vacation," Ellerbe said. "He didn't make $2 million in his last fight. Floyd made more for fighting Diego Corrales six years ago than Shane Mosley did in his last fight. That just shows you the fight makes no economic sense. Shane Mosley has to be able to bring something to the table, and at this point in his career, he brings nothing to the table."

This is what Floyd has to say,I don't think this fight is being made any time soon....
    wow

he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO clearly afraid of this fight

about the economics...

mayweather would make more vs mosley then vs ANYONE BESIDES ODH OR B-HOP cuz the general public STILL doesnt give a fuck about him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher

wow

about the economics...

mayweather would make more vs mosley then vs ANYONE BESIDES ODH OR B-HOP cuz the general public STILL doesnt give a F*** about him
    Besides Delahoya, Hatton would be the next big Money fight for Floyd...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

wow

about the economics...

mayweather would make more vs mosley then vs ANYONE BESIDES ODH OR B-HOP cuz the general public STILL doesnt give a F*** about him
    Besides Delahoya, Hatton would be the next big Money fight for Floyd...
    but in the US NOBODY would buy that PPV outside of the boxing fanbase, it would be all based on ticket sales in the UK, which isnt near the amount of money a PPV vs mosley would draw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Yea Home Cookin is a Mofo.. I really think Floyd would let it rip, like he did before fighting Baldo... TKO round 6
    I don't know about that,Hatton is tough man,the Manchester Mexican!! I don't think Hatton would get stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    I'm willing to bet that Castillo comes into the Hatton fight with some sort of respect to Diego Corrales on his trunks or on his robe or on something in respect. And if he is fighting that Hatton fight for Chico. Then Ricky may not walk out of that ring with his 0

That could be true but I still think Hatton will win.

wow

about the economics...

mayweather would make more vs mosley then vs ANYONE BESIDES ODH OR B-HOP cuz the general public STILL doesnt give a fuck about him

Thats true,Floyd would make more fighting him OR Hatton only in the UK though( OR Margarito...$8mill anyone?? Hopefully Tony wins that WW tourney. Floyd still isn't a big name though for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats sorta the same as i think about shane..

Great fighter.. Great handspeed..But he has no doubt become increasingly flat footed in recent fights..

Both vargas fights and against collazo yes he looked good..But footwork was not there..

He can match floyd for handspeed..Probably better him slightly for power.. But that is by no means saying that floyd cant take his punch..

I can see floyd using his movement to beat shane.. No offense to either guy..
    But that fight will do no good for either of them.. Everyone will just hate on floyd for beating mosely by fighting the right fight, a smart fight, but a boring fight..

And on shanes part.. If he has a very good gameplan..Theres always a chance..

But its more then likely he gets outboxed and looses alot of appeal since coming back down in weight and if he leaves floyd be..He can still be a major player in the welterweight division..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea i do remember larry asking if ssm would fight pbf next and ssm said my tooth is loose and i was like wtf??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its pretty clear that Mayweather barely escaped this fight.... And to go against the man that beat oscar more convincingly than PBF did is not worth the payday in his opinion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way... If Hatton somehow managed to hang on and survive till the end, it wouldn't be anywhere near close enough for even paid judges to give it to him.. Ricky couldn't touch Floyd enough to win rounds and his style plays right into what MAyweather wants.. Especially at 147, it would be a brutal beatdown.

Thread Information