Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayweather really didn't do what he promise & almost lost!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather really didn't do what he promise & almost lost!

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    Quote Originally Posted by amat
    How many boxers really do deliver on their word? Every single boxer in the history of mankind has said they would wipe the floor with their opponents, and that's not what happens.
    Exactly.
    I can't stand these reporters and critics who took Floyd's words so literally.
    As if it's the first time they've heard hype or something.

And for the record,
    Oscar said he's gonna give Floyd "the lesson he deserves."
    Oscar said, "Believe me, I'm gonna throw that jab as many times as I can. I'm talking 50-60 times... per round."
    How come Oscar's not a liar?

Come on.
    Both gave the public a business like performance and both are laughing their asses off right now counting their money. If people want excitement and passion they shouldn't watch a Floyd fight. But there are plenty of great boxers out there who deliver on both skill and drama.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone who bitches about this fight either wanted Floyd to win or is just to gotdam hard to please.

It was a great night for boxing, Oscar did the best he could, & Floyd DID NOT BACK UP.

He took the fight to Oscar & personally...I think a one eyed deaf mute coulda told that.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Anyone who bitches about this fight either wanted Floyd to win or is just to gotdam hard to please.

It was a great night for boxing, Oscar did the best he could, & Floyd DID NOT BACK UP.

He took the fight to Oscar & personally...I think a one eyed deaf mute coulda told that.
    100% agreed, Oscar is overrated, He never beat a great top fighter, Lost to Mosley,Hopkins,PBF and ran from Tito(And he lost to Strum}....... Oscar beat a washed up Vargas and a club fighter Mayorga, He lost that fight so all you guys can stop crying
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So according to you...Oscar is overrated...never has beat a great fighter, etc. etc., etc......yet Floyd beats him in a boring and relatively close fight...a fight that is supposed to be the biggest of Floyd's underwhelming career. What does that tell you about Floyd? I at least give Oscar credit for stepping up to fight SEVERAL great fighters in his career...win, lose, or draw. That's a lot more than you can say for Floyd. By hating on Oscar all you are doing is further making Floyd's already thin resume even thinner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin
    So according to you...Oscar is overrated...never has beat a great fighter, etc. etc., etc......yet Floyd beats him in a boring and relatively close fight...a fight that is supposed to be the biggest of Floyd's underwhelming career. What does that tell you about Floyd? I at least give Oscar credit for stepping up to fight SEVERAL great fighters in his career...win, lose, or draw. That's a lot more than you can say for Floyd. By hating on Oscar all you are doing is further making Floyd's already thin resume even thinner.
    Not hating on Oscar, He has some loyal fans like uuummm, Well you. No really, I think he has handled himself infront of the camera for boxing game and is talented and one hell of a promoter, But it is the same o same o, PBF!!!!!!! ran, he didn't do what he said he was going to do and so on and so forth............. One thing, He beat Oscar worse than the score cards read, It should have been a UD for PBF.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy who wrote this artice is a complete and utter STROKER!!!!!! 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You shouldn't be angry that many people where disappointed with the fight. The fight was sold as much to a general sports fan as it was to the hardcore boxing fan. When someone talks a big game and doesn't deliver the excitement promised...it's natural for people to be frustrated and unhappy. Whether you like Oscar or you don't...he is able to bring popularity to the sport...as much for what he does out the ring as he does in it. Floyd, for all of his talent, doesn't have the style of fighting nor the personality to sell the sport in a big way or be embraced by a huge audience. That's just the reality of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You shouldn't be angry that many people where disappointed with the fight. The fight was sold as much to a general sports fan as it was to the hardcore boxing fan. When someone talks a big game and doesn't deliver the excitement promised...it's natural for people to be frustrated and unhappy. Whether you like Oscar or you don't...he is able to bring popularity to the sport...as much for what he does out the ring as he does in it. Floyd, for all of his talent, doesn't have the style of fighting nor the personality to sell the sport in a big way or be embraced by a huge audience. That's just the reality of it.
    Your right thats the 1st time in the 100 or so years that boxing has existed that a fight didnt go how he said it would. But then again there is only 1 "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather jr thats why its such an issue at the moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    Quote Originally Posted by amat
    How many boxers really do deliver on their word? Every single boxer in the history of mankind has said they would wipe the floor with their opponents, and that's not what happens.
    Exactly.
    I can't stand these reporters and critics who took Floyd's words so literally.
    As if it's the first time they've heard hype or something.

And for the record,
    Oscar said he's gonna give Floyd "the lesson he deserves."
    Oscar said, "Believe me, I'm gonna throw that jab as many times as I can. I'm talking 50-60 times... per round."
    How come Oscar's not a liar?

Come on.

cuz hes a nice guy so it doesnt count ....... i made so much money cuz ppl bet on the nice guy hahahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The writer is just mad that Oscar lost. Floyd should send him one of his shirts from 24/7,

I HATE HATERS!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Your right thats the 1st time in the 100 or so years that boxing has existed that a fight didnt go how he said it would. But then again there is only 1 "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather jr thats why its such an issue at the moment
    JT, believe me...i never thought for a moment that Floyd would fight the way he hyped it up. But that is besides the point...boxing is filled with many cases of big fights living up to the hype. This wasn't one of them. Also, my point about Floyd is not just about this particular fight...in general...he doesn't have the fighting style or personality that will bring a huge audience to this sport.

Thread Information