Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I still say Taylor beats Pavlik

I still think Taylor beats him... Not way Miranda would catch Taylor with the punches he hit Pavlik with. I liked Pavlik's style, but he seemed to be physically limited, and pretty slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I still say Taylor beats Pavlik

I do agree with that. But people were high of Miranda. Taylor has a better style to beat Pavlik with and wouldn't get hit as much as Miranda did. Taylor is also a better boxer. And Taylor would also do better because Pavlik will be coming to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was so mad at Taylor against Spinks... He used to be so much better comming forward, but he wasn't throwing anything, but the few times he did he landed. I know he may looked bad, but I still say Taylor should been able to take Spinks out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Spinks won. However I think Spinks would outbox a lot of people and make them look bad.

However Pavlik isn't the boxer that Spinks is. I think we agree on that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I still think Taylor beats him... Not way Miranda would catch Taylor with the punches he hit Pavlik with. I liked Pavlik's style, but he seemed to be physically limited, and pretty slow.
    All together I really like Pavlik, But I think he needs about three more solid fights against solid world class contenders before a Taylor fight.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    I think Spinks won. However I think Spinks would outbox a lot of people and make them look bad.

I thought Spinks won as well. This was different fight than the Mayweather vs. Oscar fight because Taylor wasn't using the defense, ring generalship or hitting SPinks anywhere near to as often as Mayweather was hitting Dela Hoya. Taylor could have walked in on light fisted Spinks and not even flinched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Spinks won as well. This was different fight than the Mayweather vs. Oscar fight because Taylor wasn't using the defense, ring generalship or hitting SPinks anywhere near to as often as Mayweather was hitting Dela Hoya. Taylor could have walked in on light fisted Spinks and not even flinched.

Yeah. but I think Taylor's balance is a reason. With his bad balance Spinks' counters had him over the ring sometimes. And even though Spinks would never have hurt Taylor. With his balance if Taylor had pressed forward more and been countered more he may have ended up down on balance alone and it would have bene a worse night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People generally have better balance going forwards... He never used to have problems going forwards. He should have taken a little off the punches, and focused more on throwing more. This was one time where throwing combinations would have helped, and instead of focusing so much on catching Spinks with the jab he should have used it more like Hearns did against Leonard, and how Winky uses it to move the opponent in the direction he wants them to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People generally have better balance going forwards... He never used to have problems going forwards. He should have taken a little off the punches, and focused more on throwing more. This was one time where throwing combinations would have helped, and instead of focusing so much on catching Spinks with the jab he should have used it more like Hearns did against Leonard, and how Winky uses it to move the opponent in the direction he wants them to go.
    Thing is Jermain always has trouble with someone he cant stop or cant hit with his jab. His jab has turned from a power jab to a range finder. Maybe it has to do with opposition as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you ask me i think pavlik is moving up weight real soon, he looked more sluggish than in past fights. He definately has the size to move up. He's gotta make moves quick at middleweight, hes on borrowed time.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You think Taylor beats him? You big silly goose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i can see that. It seems Taylor would be more comfotable with his style and at 6"3' Pavlik will eventually need to move up.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do agree with that. But people were high of Miranda. Taylor has a better style to beat Pavlik with and wouldn't get hit as much as Miranda did. Taylor is also a better boxer. And Taylor would also do better because Pavlik will be coming to him.
    Totally disagree...it aint Taylor's style that's hurtin him...it's his heart.

Pavlik probably beats him on that alone. Taylor doesn't have the drive anymore to pound out a win against the lighter weights...how's he gonna work Pavlik over?

Don't say anything about Spinks being quick...sure I know he is...but Taylor gave that fight away. He coulda dropped Ouma too...but he let him off the hook.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Taylor going to hit Pavlik harder than he got hit by Miranda? Not likely. Agreed, Pavlik is not not fastest guy out there, but woulddn't call himn slow. I wouldn't call him physically limited. The guy is a 6'3" Middleweight with pretty good strength. He can move a little, and he can slip a little. I think he can defend when he wants to defend, but more often than not, he's more concerned with offense than defense. He's not a "take a 2 to give 1" guy. He's a "take 1 to give 3 or 4" guy.

I've been tempted to get on the Pavlik bandwagon for a while, but I've stayed off because I haven't been sold on his heart and chin. Until this week, he hasn't been in with someone who could test those parts of his makeup. Pavliks took a couple of shots that I thought would have floored him, but he keep going and pretty much dominated his man. Now that I have some good evidence that Pavlik has a championship quality chin, I'm jumping up on Wacko's Pavlik bandwagon. I think Taylor is in big trouble, whoever he fights next, be it Pavlik or Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    Is Taylor going to hit Pavlik harder than he got hit by Miranda?

No. But he's gonna hit him more often and more precise. And that can make a difference as well. If Taylor stops trying to load up on two shots nowadays and goes back to throwing 90 jabs a fight he'll have something.

But Hopkins took his heart

Thread Information