Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the SUPERMAN OF BOXING IS BACK RJJ july 14th!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default the SUPERMAN OF BOXING IS BACK RJJ july 14th!!!!!!!

FORMER POUND FOR POUND KING AND BOXING LEGEND ROY JONES JR. SAYS HALL OF FAME MUST WAIT AS HE WILL FIGHT UNDEFEATED ANTHONY HANSHAW IN 'HE'S BAACK! WITNESS THE RETURN OF A KING," A PPV TV CARD EMANATING FROM BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI, ON SATURDAY, JULY 14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: the SUPERMAN OF BOXING IS BACK RJJ july 14th!!!!!!!

did u know u have to remain retired for atleast 5 years before you can be accepted into the BOXING HALL OF FAME?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats why RJJ is putting HOF status on hold to fight on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'HE'S BAACK! WITNESS THE RETURN OF A KING," is the actual name of the fight LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    'HE'S BAACK! WITNESS THE RETURN OF A KING," is the actual name of the fight LOL!
    Terrible name for a Jones fight.

As much as I love/loved Jones...I personally believe that his good days are behind him.

I'd love to see him step up to the plate & fight Calzaghe...but Jones seems as leary of fighting a decent opponent...he seems to shrug off challenges as if he's too good for them.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

As much as I love/loved Jones...I personally believe that his good days are behind him.

I'd love to see him step up to the plate & fight Calzaghe...but Jones seems as leary of fighting a decent opponent...he seems to shrug off challenges as if he's too good for them.
    well with a title like that man u gotta win and u gotta win in a badassssss manner or its not gonna live up to the name at all!

its obviously not the same prime RJJ of the past, but even a past prime RJJ is way badasssssss than 90% of the CRAP out there right now bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh yeah and bro if the rjj vs joe c fight is made then I AM SOOOOOOOOOO THERE bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think he shrugs off challenges cause hes too good for them, but because he know the stakes. After getting kod badly twice he doesnt think like the old Roy who thought he was invincible. Im sure watching Hopkins beat Tarver so easily didnt exactly boost his confidence either. I doubt he will ever be recognized champ again and he should be trying to avenge his loss to Johnson if hes worried about his legacy not that hed beat him.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FORMER POUND FOR POUND KING AND BOXING LEGEND ROY JONES JR. SAYS HALL OF FAME MUST WAIT AS HE WILL FIGHT UNDEFEATED ANTHONY HANSHAW IN 'HE'S BAACK! WITNESS THE RETURN OF A KING," A PPV TV CARD EMANATING FROM BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI, ON SATURDAY, JULY 14
    Did I actually read this right that this clusterf@ck of a fight is going to be ppv?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well with a title like that man u gotta win and u gotta win in a badassssss manner or its not gonna live up to the name at all!

its obviously not the same prime RJJ of the past, but even a past prime RJJ is way badasssssss than 90% of the CRAP out there right now bro!

I wish I could get as excited as you about this. RJJ was one of my favorites growing up and always will be, but he needs to just settle down and go to the Hall of Fame where great but shot fighters belong. This fight will probably, either not come off at all, as Jones will back out of it (again), or he will sadly just put on a dancing display to a lackluster decision; that, like against Tarver (who suddenly doesnt seem so unstoppable these days, no?) the third time, he might not even get.

I hope he does go thru with this fight and wins impressively, it would be great to have the real Roy Jones back for even one fight...but something tells me it was over for Jones...even long before I had to admit it to myself when I watched him on that show for retired athletes against normal guys... "Pro's VS Joe's". He looked like a retired athlete. Still gotta give him props for steppin up to fight a young undefeated guy...if he actually does it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't know the man of steel had soft chin.

Hmm..mm? Maybe he got punched with gloves made of kryptonite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea yea i hear all ya'll but.......... we talking RJJ baby! again i know its not the same PRIME BADASSSSSS RJJ, but a past prime RJJ is far more superior than 90% of the scrubs out there.

what makes it more exciting is we know RJJ is no longer infallible which makes it more exciting.

i feel this fight is already stamped bro. once u list the ticket prices at the bottom that means the tickets are already locked.

RJJ dont back out once the tickets are locked like that.

personally id rather see RJJ avenge his losses to Glen Johnson and Tarver.......Yes Tarver 4

but yeah Joe C would be badassssss and i would fly my asss to the UK for that one!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mississippi...

PPV...

C'mon, Roy.

Thread Information