Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if VARGAS fought OSCAR BEFORE he fought TITO??????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What if VARGAS fought OSCAR BEFORE he fought TITO??????

What if VARGAS fought OSCAR BEFORE he fought TITO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What if VARGAS fought OSCAR BEFORE he fought TITO??????

Depends. Oscar said(before the Tito-Vargas fight), that he would never fight Vargas. I think he was scared. IMO, probably the same outcome. Vargas wouldn't have outboxed him, and would have came for the kill. Oscar don't hit as hard as Tito, but he still cracks, and would have exposed Vargas with his left hook. But, that's hind sight, and at the time, I might have bet on Vargas, who knows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same result!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

interesting!

but alot of people including myself feel it was TITO who ruined vargas and vargas had never been the same and on the decline ever since.

so it would be interesting to see if he never fought TITO how would he turn out today? if it would have been a major factor on fighting oscar etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    interesting!

but alot of people including myself feel it was TITO who ruined vargas and vargas had never been the same and on the decline ever since.

so it would be interesting to see if he never fought TITO how would he turn out today? if it would have been a major factor on fighting oscar etc.
    I think If Vargas had stayed down in the 1st round he'd still be going strong today !

He put in one of the most underated performences of all time with concussion for 10 rounds against a fighter white hot at the time !

something went out of El feroz after that something physically , it was a career ending beating he took at the beginning and then end .

FV was massivly underated .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy
    interesting!

I think If Vargas had stayed down in the 1st round he'd still be going strong today !

He put in one of the most underated performences of all time with concussion for 10 rounds against a fighter white hot at the time !

something went out of El feroz after that something physically , it was a career ending beating he took at the beginning and then end .

FV was massivly underated .
    EXACTLY! thats the point of me posting this thread.......... think about it folks, really what FV would be today? had he not gone that exact route?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He would have lost. ODLH is too fast, too strong and too good to be beat by Vargas...at anytime...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito ruined vargas..he was through after that savage beating...Oscar would have probably won, but not as easily...the vargas that fought quartey probably would have beaten oscar...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

ICB Guest

I don't see how he could of done any better he would of never have beaten top boys Oscar Mosley ect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frankly its plain to see that oscar wouldnt have done the same as tito did to vargas..

I thnk it would have gone to the scorecards with oscar winning comfortably enough..

Fernando has the strangest of legacies..You knew he was greatt..He was just destroyed early in a gutsy performance and one of the most entertaining fights ever..

I know its hard to say based on we never saw vargas the same after tito.. But does anyone think he could have had a different style to him..More snap to his performances if he had not fought tito

I mean i had him up when the fight was stopped first time against mosely that was just bad luck in that fight but maybe he would have fought different fighters and had different challenges had he not been destroyed so early..?
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    He would have lost. ODLH is too fast, too strong and too good to be beat by Vargas...at anytime...
    haha damn u mine as well add too cute, too handsome, too sexy as well while your at it lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vargas lost to Oscar on steroids!!! do we need to have this thread
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    Vargas lost to Oscar on steroids!!! do we need to have this thread
    naw but seriously bro alot of peeps claim tito ruined FV. so if tito never did indeed ruin FV how would FV's career have panned out differently.

its still pretty interesting IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thought is that Vargas recovered physically, but never recovered 100% mentally after the brutal punishment he received from Tito. I remember (I made a post recently and mentioned this) Vargas come back after Trinidad's fight against Wilfredo Rivera. Rivera had his greatest moment against the Sweetpea in their first fight at 147 where Rivera seemed to be robed from that victory. This required an immediate rematch, but this time Pernell dominated clearly. After that Rivera lost with De La Hoya and Mosley both by TKO and started the declining of his career. Rivera did not have a KO punch and was declining, but hurt and dropped Vargas to the canvas practically KO. But, Rivera looked more surprised than Vargas not trowing punches, and he probably needed just 1 punch considering how badly Vargas was hurt. This was a clear indication that Vargas was not the same at that time. And, I feel this had some influence on how his fight with De La Hoya ended. However, I recognize De La Hoya is a great fighter, and the end could be the same, or most likely by decision instead of KO. We will not a definite answer to this question.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    haha damn u mine as well add too cute, too handsome, too sexy as well while your at it lol
    don't forget too rich!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information