Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forget about whether or he's good enough...is Kessler ENGLISH enough for ya?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forget about whether or he's good enough...is Kessler ENGLISH enough for ya?

I'm sceptical about this fight actually happening as well, but I'm dying to see it. Calzaghe is a great fighter and he seems to be a good guy, but his choice of opposition leaves a lot to be desired. If he takes this fight it will go along way towards dispelling the concept that he's afraid of or doesn't fight the big names in his decision.
    I have no idea who I think will win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forget about whether or he's good enough...is Kessler ENGLISH enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Kessler willing to fight in UK!

Monday, June 4 2007

"I'm more English than Calzaghe"

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...ycAidxxAU.html

Last week, Frank Warren, promoter of WBO super middleweight champion Joe Calzaghe, said Calzaghe would be willing to travel to face WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler in his native Denmark. Kessler has responded in an ITV Boxing interview saying he's willing to travel to England to fight Joe. "I haven't got any problem whatsoever with fighting Calzaghe anywhere in the world," stated Kessler. "Besides I'm more English than him," alluding to the fact that Calzaghe's father was born in Italy and his mother is from Wales. "My mother is from Salisbury," continued Kessler. "That must give me some fans, at least in England!"

Priceless.

This is the ultimate call out & honestly...I say that Kess get's mega props for stepping up to plate.

Joe will have no other choice but to answer the call...& on that note...Wacko say's...may the best man win.

I love Calzaghe...but I really REALLY like Kessler. He's grown to be one of my favorites, just as Joe is in my top 5 favorites of all time...I might have to bump somebody from the top spot...unless ofcourse Oscar retires & makes it easier on me.
    Absolutely priceless. I've always enjoyed watching Kessler but I know squat about him, Remember Jeff tried this S*** and it didn't work, but that's only cos he doesn't move his head either way I don't care where they fight, I just want them to fight. If it's in Manchester then all the better cos it's close enough for me to go to, but as long as they fight, it can be in Copenhagen, Timbuctoo, Mayweather said something like "I'll fight the motherf**ker in Puerto Rico, I'll fight the motherf**ker in Mexico. Let's just make the fight happen." My sentiments exactly.
    Jeff & Kess...two totally different fwockin animals.

Kessler has a jab & utilizes it. Jeff rarely moved his head yes...but Kess does...even if he didn't...that jabs so long & strong that it's the biggest factor going against Calzaghe that & the fact that Kessler will be the first real live boxer that Joe has faced in the last 3-4 years.

I loves me some Joe...but he's gonna have his hands full.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    I'm sceptical about this fight actually happening as well, but I'm dying to see it. Calzaghe is a great fighter and he seems to be a good guy, but his choice of opposition leaves a lot to be desired. If he takes this fight it will go along way towards dispelling the concept that he's afraid of or doesn't fight the big names in his decision.
    Joe has already stated that he wants Kess...he bumped his gums live on ESPN2 on that note...& IWO...that sets it in stone.

Joe's trying to get American viewers & Kessler roped 'em in with his clippings of KOing Beyer & then tearing a whole in Andrade's ass!

This fight is coming off. Mark Wacko's Drunken Roads.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

Joe has already stated that he wants Kess...he bumped his gums live on ESPN2 on that note...& IWO...that sets it in stone.

Joe's trying to get American viewers & Kessler roped 'em in with his clippings of KOing Beyer & then tearing a whole in Andrade's a**!

I hope so for everyones sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Joe's trying to get American viewers & Kessler roped 'em in with his clippings of KOing Beyer & then tearing a whole in Andrade's a**!

I hope so for everyones sake.
    Yeah...me too.

By the end of the year though...it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Kessler willing to fight in UK!

Monday, June 4 2007

"I'm more English than Calzaghe"

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...ycAidxxAU.html

Last week, Frank Warren, promoter of WBO super middleweight champion Joe Calzaghe, said Calzaghe would be willing to travel to face WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler in his native Denmark. Kessler has responded in an ITV Boxing interview saying he's willing to travel to England to fight Joe. "I haven't got any problem whatsoever with fighting Calzaghe anywhere in the world," stated Kessler. "Besides I'm more English than him," alluding to the fact that Calzaghe's father was born in Italy and his mother is from Wales. "My mother is from Salisbury," continued Kessler. "That must give me some fans, at least in England!"

Priceless.

This is the ultimate call out & honestly...I say that Kess get's mega props for stepping up to plate.

Joe will have no other choice but to answer the call...& on that note...Wacko say's...may the best man win.

I love Calzaghe...but I really REALLY like Kessler. He's grown to be one of my favorites, just as Joe is in my top 5 favorites of all time...I might have to bump somebody from the top spot...unless ofcourse Oscar retires & makes it easier on me.
    Absolutely priceless. I've always enjoyed watching Kessler but I know squat about him, Remember Jeff tried this S*** and it didn't work, but that's only cos he doesn't move his head either way I don't care where they fight, I just want them to fight. If it's in Manchester then all the better cos it's close enough for me to go to, but as long as they fight, it can be in Copenhagen, Timbuctoo, Mayweather said something like "I'll fight the motherf**ker in Puerto Rico, I'll fight the motherf**ker in Mexico. Let's just make the fight happen." My sentiments exactly.
    Jeff & Kess...two totally different fwockin animals.

Kessler has a jab & utilizes it. Jeff rarely moved his head yes...but Kess does...even if he didn't...that jabs so long & strong that it's the biggest factor going against Calzaghe that & the fact that Kessler will be the first real live boxer that Joe has faced in the last 3-4 years.

I loves me some Joe...but he's gonna have his hands full.
    My point was that the stuff he tried had ZERO significance, guess it sounded better in my head yeah I completely agree, Kessler and Lacy are two complete deifferent species and there's no doubt in my mind that Kessler is the best fighter Joe has faught to this date. Likewise, Calzaghe is by far and away the best fighter Mikkel has faught.
    Both guys are gonna have a hard time hitting each other, and I think it'll be an action packed chess match a bit like Mosley v De La Hoya. Will the speed and volume, and movement of Calzaghe be enough to keep off the well rounded, hard hitting and compact sharp shooting of Kessler? Will Kessler be able to counter Joe's peppering shots effectively, and catch Joe or will he dance those circles round him, always just half a step behind him? Either way the fight is mouth watering, it'd mean the world to me if it came off because for me it's era defining.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Thread Information