Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I think that Lewis is a top ten on the best heavies ever.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I think that Lewis is a top ten on the best heavies ever.

I still don't get this love affair people have for Lewis, he was an okay champion but an all time great? He got flattened by a couple of ordinary guys and got a gift against Holyfield in fight 2, yet he is regarded as a top ten all time HW champ.
    I'm going to watch a few of his fights again, I must have missed something!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    I still don't get this love affair people have for Lewis, he was an okay champion but an all time great? He got flattened by a couple of ordinary guys and got a gift against Holyfield in fight 2, yet he is regarded as a top ten all time HW champ.
    i agree exactly. he was GOOD but nowhere near great. he didn't just get beat by McCall and Rahman, he got stretched out. i would liked to have seen a trilogy with Rahman but of course, Lewis turned it down. i wonder why. he was losing against Vitali but got lucky because of the cuts. did he agree to a rematch that would have paid him over 30 million dollars? no, he ran into retirement. i guess that passes as an all time great nowadays...lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by EastonAssassin
    i agree exactly. he was GOOD but nowhere near great. he didn't just get beat by McCall and Rahman, he got stretched out. i would liked to have seen a trilogy with Rahman but of course, Lewis turned it down. i wonder why. he was losing against Vitali but got lucky because of the cuts. did he agree to a rematch that would have paid him over 30 million dollars? no, he ran into retirement. i guess that passes as an all time great nowadays...lol.
    You got It!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by EastonAssassin
    It's quite easy to equate whether Lewis is a top 10 great of all time.

Are there 10 other fighters with his resume, who have dominated their division, beaten ever man they face and been universally recognized undisputed champion?

answer -NO

Like I have said so many times, there really haven't been many truly dominant champions in history.

Also:

Getiing Koed with what were huge punches (and McCall's was lucky ) is no disgrace in a heavyweight fight
    It's a lot less damaging to a lefgacy than getting outclassed and outboxed for 12 rounds, which NEVER happend to Lewis
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

also remeber that Only Ali, Foreman & Frazier (out of the usualy top 10 suspects) fought in a better era of heavyweights than Lewis - and if you disagree with that I'd like to see who else did
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm no Lewis fan actually 1st I'm a Vitali fan and if you go thru my posts you can clearly see that.

But I can still see and say that Lewis DOES belong in the top 10 Heavys of all time.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I'm no Lewis fan actually 1st I'm a Vitali fan and if you go thru my posts you can clearly see that.

But I can still see and say that Lewis DOES belong in the top 10 Heavys of all time.

Thats' called being 'objective' nuff respect

I am a Lewis fan, but I also found him boring and frustrating at times and thought he could give so much more, but yeh on achievment , he has to be top 10, becuase 10 others haven't achieved what he did or in an era as good as his

Thread Information