Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kessler willing to fight in UK!

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...ycAidxxAU.html

I think this dude really wants to fights JC!

"I'm more English than Calzaghe"

Last week, Frank Warren, promoter of WBO super middleweight champion Joe Calzaghe, said Calzaghe would be willing to travel to face WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler in his native Denmark. Kessler has responded in an ITV Boxing interview saying he's willing to travel to England to fight Joe. "I haven't got any problem whatsoever with fighting Calzaghe anywhere in the world," stated Kessler. "Besides I'm more English than him," alluding to the fact that Calzaghe's father was born in Italy and his mother is from Wales. "My mother is from Salisbury," continued Kessler. "That must give me some fans, at least in England!"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kessler willing to fight in UK!

I believe it when i see the two of them in the ring until then it is just talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is that where salsbury steak is from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems Palle tried to convince Kessler to fight for peanuts in Denmark.

http://www.bt.dk/article/20070605/SPORT08/70605009/0/A

translate for you

Kessler says that if he has to take a smaller purse than Calzaghe for the fight to happen in Denmark - then he would rather fight in the UK. Seems Palle tried to convince him to fight for a smaller purse
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

finally. i have had enough of fighters argueing like little girls when it comes to which country they are fighting in. thank you kessler for not making a fuss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    finally. i have had enough of fighters argueing like little girls when it comes to which country they are fighting in. thank you kessler for not making a fuss
    yeah....I wasn't a Kessler fan up until Joe C threw away any credibility he had after the Lacy fight. Had Joe stepped up to the plate I would be one of his biggest supporters, but he didn't...and now I must look elsewhere for a fighter worthy of my attention... OK Kess....you've got it ....don't let me down!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said it before that I don´t think that Palle has the money for the fight. I am pretty sure the fight would generate more money in the UK, but I hope I am wrong as I really would like to see the fight here in Denmark.

It nice to see that both Calzaghe and Kessler really think they will win this one

Just sign ón the dotted line please !!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

calzaghe and warren have agrred to fight in denmark, yet it snow kessler starting to moan about tkaing the smaller pure (like he deserves more than joe lol) yet kessler is not making a fuss?

They already truend down $3m to fight joe in the uk... as of yet i have seen nothing of joe turning down any offers or making a fuss...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe has already agree to go to Denmark

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    yeah....I wasn't a Kessler fan up until Joe C threw away any credibility he had after the Lacy fight. Had Joe stepped up to the plate I would be one of his biggest supporters, but he didn't...and now I must look elsewhere for a fighter worthy of my attention... OK Kess....you've got it ....don't let me down!!!!
    The Calzaghe camp have accepted the offer originally made by Palle to fight in Denmark. If this doesnt happen then the blame is not to be held on Calzaghe but on recent opportunism on the part of the Kessler camp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    The Calzaghe camp have accepted the offer originally made by Palle to fight in Denmark. If this doesnt happen then the blame is not to be held on Calzaghe but on recent opportunism on the part of the Kessler camp.

so far alot of what has come out of the kessler camp has been dubious as fuck imo - and whilst calzaghe has taken most of the shit for it palle and kessler don't know whats going on with them selves

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

so far alot of what has come out of the kessler camp has been dubious as F*** imo - and whilst calzaghe has taken most of the S*** for it palle and kessler don't know whats going on with them selves
    With Kessler having now come out and saying he would fight in the UK after Calzaghe saying he would go to Denmark reeks of opportunism. Calzaghe continues to get slagged every right and centre and its unjustified at this point in time. He has accepted the conditions and agreed to fight in September on foreign soil. We have heard nothing since on Palle and his teams appraisal other than that their lawyers would look at the proposal (which was their own!!). The silence has continued and now Kessler has decided that a fight in England would be okay because his mother is English?!

Its drivel.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

so far alot of what has come out of the kessler camp has been dubious as F*** imo - and whilst calzaghe has taken most of the S*** for it palle and kessler don't know whats going on with them selves
    With Kessler having now come out and saying he would fight in the UK after Calzaghe saying he would go to Denmark reeks of opportunism. Calzaghe continues to get slagged every right and centre and its unjustified at this point in time. He has accepted the conditions and agreed to fight in September on foreign soil. We have heard nothing since on Palle and his teams appraisal other than that their lawyers would look at the proposal (which was their own!!). The silence has continued and now Kessler has decided that a fight in England would be okay because his mother is English?!

Its drivel.
    everytime this fight hs been close to happening its fallen through down to kessler and palle...

First the 1.5 m offer made was never made...

Kessler/palle would only fight joe for all the belts when kessler had to defend his wbc agasint andrade and calzaghe had to vacate his IBf if he fought anyone other than sigla(sp)

Kessler offerd to fight in june, all of a sudden is injured, and this news of him being injured didn't arise untill about a week after palle had turned down warren's offer.. now lets be honest its hard for a boxer to keep any news of a slight knock quiet, let alone all that time...

Kessler and palle turn down $3m tofight joe in the uk for a time when he isn't injured..

Now calzaghe and warren are set to go and fight him in his back yard, kessler comes out and sounds like he will be a problem because of the money is less than joe's lol!

Honestly if this guy wasn't considered to be calzagh's biggest threat people would be ripping shreds out him and palle by now - Calzaghe is either loved, hated or unknown... and eveyr hater is gunna take someone like kessler and use him to slate calzaghe every given chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its drivel.
    I agree with you to a certain point. A few remarks though:

We dont know what is really going on in negotiations. This is a big match, a lot of things that have to be accounted for in contracts, and knowing both camps they will probably make even small details part of a pissing match. This will be down to economy - always trying to get an even better agreement for themselves - as well as pride and perhaps even to have the mental advantage in the build up to the fight. Whatever comes through the press at this point need to be looked at in that light. Palle/Kessler are trying to play their cards, just as Warren/Calzaghe are playing theirs. This is extremely annoying for us fans, but that is the way it is.

Anyway - all this just to say that there is more to negotiate than what have (seemingly) been agreed upon already. This may or may not be a problem - we simply dont know at this point.

Preme keeps mentioning that Kessler turned down the offer of £3m, but every report suggest that when they got down to business there never really was a £3m offer. Instead Kessler was offered a much lower number + percentages of the gate (and, if I remember correctly, Scandinavian tv-rights as well). With Warren (HBO?) dictating the fight to take place at 2-3 am in the morning, Palle/Kessler probably had reason to believe the numbers not adding up to 3m.

Should Kessler have taken the offer anyway? Dunno, but as long as they agree to fight this year, I really couldnt care less about, who gets what and where. I honestly think this match will come off. It is just too damn obvious a fight for both fighters that they cannot afford to let it pass. And both fighters seem relatively keen on it now as well, and with their respective comments to the press, they have put themselves so far in the corner that there is no way out (without hurting their career/legacy severely at least). All that said I also expect both camps (not both fighters, both camps) to continue their pissing contest until the very minute they climb into the ring - and if possible even after that as well. But that does not necessarily mean that the figters are scared - just that their promoters are annoying.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't see you jumping to congratulate Joe Calzaghe when he agreed to go to Denmark to fight last week.

Personally, I'm with Miles in that Kessler's camp not agreeing to the fight on their own terms which they had put forward, combined with Kessler's statement that he now wants to fight in England, it all sounds like they're trying to put obstacles to prevent the fight from happening.

Thread Information