Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto vs Mayweather....not so sure

First off, what a fantastic fight between Cotto and Judah. Being an avid Cotto fan to the point where I have lost my voice cheering for him to KO Judah, I was extremely pleased by his performance, however...prior to this fight, I always thought Cotto would have a decent chance at upsetting Mayweather. Realistically speaking after seeing this fight...I'm not so sure now. Although Cotto won in somewhat convincing fashion, he was clearly rocked when Judah shot that straight left down the pipe. Judah's dad was absolutely correct when he was telling Judah that he can HURT Cotto if he just threw more but credit to Cotto for stalking Judah, pressuring him to the point where Judah didn't have the chance to throw at will.

Cotto against Mayweather would be an interesting fight but I just think Mayweather would be able effectively hurt Cotto by throwing accurate punches down the pipe that Cotto seemed to have much trouble with when Judah was throwing. Cotto wasn't in any serious trouble but you could tell that it definetely stunned him. A polished fighter like Mayweather would be able to capitilize on Cotto's weak defence and could hurt him badly.

Cotto must tighten up his defence if he ends up getting past the winner of Margarito/Williams otherwise IMO, he'll be in for a long long night...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs Mayweather....not so sure

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez786
    First off, what a fantastic fight between Cotto and Judah. Being an avid Cotto fan to the point where I have lost my voice cheering for him to KO Judah, I was extremely pleased by his performance, however...prior to this fight, I always thought Cotto would have a decent chance at upsetting Mayweather. Realistically speaking after seeing this fight...I'm not so sure now. Although Cotto won in somewhat convincing fashion, he was clearly rocked when Judah shot that straight left down the pipe. Judah's dad was absolutely correct when he was telling Judah that he can HURT Cotto if he just threw more but credit to Cotto for stalking Judah, pressuring him to the point where Judah didn't have the chance to throw at will.

Cotto against Mayweather would be an interesting fight but I just think Mayweather would be able effectively hurt Cotto by throwing accurate punches down the pipe that Cotto seemed to have much trouble with when Judah was throwing. Cotto wasn't in any serious trouble but you could tell that it definetely stunned him. A polished fighter like Mayweather would be able to capitilize on Cotto's weak defence and could hurt him badly.

Cotto must tighten up his defence if he ends up getting past the winner of Margarito/Williams otherwise IMO, he'll be in for a long long night...

Mayweather against Cotto I think would be Floyd moving and countering like he does everyone else and winning a decision. He might stop Cotto but I doubt it. But this was a good fight tonight. Not a great fight, but a good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its too early to start saying that cotto would lose to floyd you have to join the cotto celebration party...COTTO COTTO COTTO

wait until monday then we can start pointing to the obvious that PBF would tear cotto to pieces..
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is a great boxer, but it's painful to watch him against elite competition. He's not exciting against top level opponents. The only way he beats Cotto is by doing that boring hit once and run stuff. He didn't stop Judah and he didn't stop Corely. I think he could have, but he takes no chances at the top level. Floyd vs Oscar is a perfect example. Snooooooooze.

Judah and Cotto are exciting fighters. They both took risks in this fight. I would pay to watch either Judah and Cotto fight. I'll never pay for a Mayweather boxing match again.

Anyway, I think Cotto stops Mayweather if they meet up. But I'll have to read about it in the papers or on this forum, because I refuse to pay to see Mayweather run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by belak
    Mayweather is a great boxer, but it's painful to watch him against elite competition. He's not exciting against top level opponents. The only way he beats Cotto is by doing that boring hit once and run stuff. He didn't stop Judah and he didn't stop Corely. I think he could have, but he takes no chances at the top level. Floyd vs Oscar is a perfect example. Snooooooooze.

Judah and Cotto are exciting fighters. They both took risks in this fight. I would pay to watch either Judah and Cotto fight. I'll never pay for a Mayweather boxing match again.

Anyway, I think Cotto stops Mayweather if they meet up. But I'll have to read about it in the papers or on this forum, because I refuse to pay to see Mayweather run.

you mean you refuse to see mayweather use all of his skills...hitting,catching, punching, footwork are all parts of boxing..and not once has PBF ran in a fight....now delahoya-tito that's running...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't know how to close against elite fighters. He frickin' glows against against B fighters. He's simply not worth the attention at the elite level. Frankly, he's boring at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They both took risks but both have weak chins. Anytime either of the connected the fight was up for grabs. Makes for an exciting fight, but I am not sure great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't know how to close against elite fighters. He frickin' glows against against B fighters. He's simply not worth the attention at the elite level. Frankly, he's boring at this level.

I guess that's why he stopped corrales,chavez,hernandez,manfredy,gerena....and the fighters he's fought the recent years have been bigger guys...much harder to stop guys bigger than you....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF woukd be favourite but wouldnt it be nice to see him fight someone who is YOUNG,HUNGRY AND DANGEROUS.AND NOT COMING OFF A LOSS??

Floyd would be hot favourite,Cotto would give him his toughest fight. PBF would never have been hit to the body like Miguel does.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    PBF woukd be favourite but wouldnt it be nice to see him fight someone who is YOUNG,HUNGRY AND DANGEROUS.AND NOT COMING OFF A LOSS??

Floyd would be hot favourite,Cotto would give him his toughest fight. PBF would never have been hit to the body like Miguel does.
    I agree at Welterweight Cotto would give him hell Castillo gave him hell both times and was able to get close quite a alot Cotto knows how to close the distance up impressed how he did it against fast fighter like Judah i think Cotto could very well beat Mayweather if he is able to get close enough like Castillo did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I agree at Welterweight Cotto would give him hell Castillo gave him hell both times and was able to get close quite a alot Cotto knows how to close the distance up impressed how he did it against fast fighter like Judah i think Cotto could very well beat Mayweather if he is able to get close enough like Castillo did.
    I love Cotto & all that...but I just don't buy into the fact that he could handle Floyd.

Also...Castillo did indeed put up a great fight in the first match...but he couldn't do jack shiznit in the rematch.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I love Cotto & all that...but I just don't buy into the fact that he could handle Floyd.

Also...Castillo did indeed put up a great fight in the first match...but he couldn't do jack shiznit in the rematch.
    In rematch i had Mayweather winner by only 2 rounds Cotto hits alot harder to the body than Castillo and is better fighter i think he is young hungry and i would give him a good shot i still think Mayweather wins but who knows in boxing if Cotto is able to get close enough Mayweather is going to be pounded to the body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this fight happens....It's going to be boring. It's going to be a Trinidad-DLH encore. Mayweather only cares about the money and if he loses a fight..he knows that he's not gonna get as much as he will if he continues winning. I honestly think if this fight happens, Cotto would get hit alot by Mayweather's great counter-punching but Cotto would win the upset due to his power, agressiveness and his will to want to fight. But we all know that this is not gonna happen cause Mayweather only fights fighters that benefit him! and he is not gonna take a chance against Cotto!

Cotto is too dangerous for him!!

Thread Information