Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HBO BOXING POLL COTTO V MAYWEATHER, VOTE!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HBO BOXING POLL COTTO V MAYWEATHER, VOTE!!!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!! HBO BOXING POLL, COTTO V MAYWEATHER!!! SO FAR, COTTO IS UP IN THE VOTING, VOTE HERE: http://www.hbo.com/boxing/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HBO BOXING POLL COTTO V MAYWEATHER, VOTE!!!!

I think pbf would win this sept. '07 and cotto would win in sept. '08

El Kabong Guest

Miguel has as good a chance as anyone else if not better due to his body attack....he'd fair better than Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

at the moment the votes are basically 50/50
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if you took this poll a week before Cotto faught Judah you'd get the likely result of the fight. A lopsided Mayweather decision.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    at the moment the votes are basically 50/50
    I bet Danny G has voted at least 10,000 times by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't matter what people think, Mayweather would win easier than he did against Dela Hoya. Oscar went to the body a lot against Mayweather, but its hard, and because of his, Oscar's, speed it forced Mayweather to protect upstairs more than he would have to against the little bit slower Cotto. Its not that Mayweather can necessarily take Cotto out, but they do drain opponents. Before he hurt his hand he was really starting to bother Baldomir because its so frustrating getting hit by pretty hard shots over and over without being to land anything. Baldomir was able to land effectively, and even counter punch Judah, but he looked lost against Mayweather, and thats how I think Cotto would be as well. As similar as Judah is to Mayweather physically, and stylewise they are polar opposites in determination and focus. This is the most important aspect of fighter.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miguel Cotto keeps impressing me with each fight. I love watching him fight. He has a lot of heart. I have no doubt he'll fight Mayweather (unlike Hatton) if giving the opportunity. And he'll hold his own. But he won't win. Mayweather is just in a league of his own. At this point in his career, Mayweather is pretty much unbeatable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto will beat Mayweather down. The right side of Mayweather's face will get disfigured like the other boxers who will "too fast" for Cotto.

Mayweather beat Oscar, but he didn't look good doing it. He looked downright skerd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is good offensively but his defense leaves a lot to be desired. I'd have to go with Pretty Bob on this one.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow the poll is now 51-49 in favour of Cotto beating Floyd

I'd give Cotto a 20% at best.

Really apart from a freakish injury or getting caught flush there is no way Floyd loses that fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    It doesn't matter what people think, Mayweather would win easier than he did against Dela Hoya. Oscar went to the body a lot against Mayweather, but its hard, and because of his, Oscar's, speed it forced Mayweather to protect upstairs more than he would have to against the little bit slower Cotto. Its not that Mayweather can necessarily take Cotto out, but they do drain opponents. Before he hurt his hand he was really starting to bother Baldomir because its so frustrating getting hit by pretty hard shots over and over without being to land anything. Baldomir was able to land effectively, and even counter punch Judah, but he looked lost against Mayweather, and thats how I think Cotto would be as well. As similar as Judah is to Mayweather physically, and stylewise they are polar opposites in determination and focus. This is the most important aspect of fighter.
    Cotto is neither DLH or Baldomir so I wouldn't make those comparisons. 3 completely different styles and skill levels.

That's a fight that can go either way if Floyd is man enough to take it.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every fighter has a style that they can not defeat or figure out at least. Oscar never looked good with fighters that were faster than him. Judah couldn't handle fighters who put constant pressure throughout the fight. Trinidad couldn't defeat those who were more deffensive than offensive. Shane couldn't figure out a bigger fighter that used a simple jab all fight long. I say this cause Mayweather seems pick the right opponents so he could look good. He never wants to take a chance. Not one fighter he has fought has had all the right tools to defeat him or at least all the right tools in one fighter. Oscar was the best but his power didn't seem to be doing much to floyd. I hnestly don't think oscar wanted to win that fight either.

To me, Cotto has those tools to pull off an upset. Because I truly believe it would be an upset. Mayweather is looked as a god in the boxing world. Here is why I think Cotto could pull off the upset.

1) Cotto would attack Mayweather the same way that Oscar did, but I don't think Oscar's power is even close to Cotto's at 147.We saw what Mayweather did when Oscar attacked him......he moved ,fought backwards and was always looking for the counter.
    2) People continue to underestimate Cotto's speed and Accuracy. Oscar has those same things but he likes to throw them in flurrys and in bunches. He really didn't concentrate on trying to land a good punch or try breaking down his opponent.He was just trying to win a round and was probably focused on the final scorecards.
    3) Oscar used his jab early in the fight and we all saw that it looked effective on PBF. Cotto used his jab on Judah and that to me looked like was key to keeping Judah from thowing alot of punches. I think it was a great strategic plan on Cotto's team and I think that they prepared him well for that fight. I think Cotto would use his jab alot to stop Mayweather from moving as much so he could move in and get work done.
    4) I don't think Mayweather has ever fought someone with the mindset of Cotto. Someone who not only comes to win...he comes to destroy everyone and everything in the ring.

Cotto would need to be cautious with PBF's great counter-punching. If PBF's power doesn't seem to be hurting Cotto........I believe it would be a long night for PBF and Cotto would win this by decision. I truly think that Cotto's style will give PBF trouble. everyone has that 1 fighter or one style they can't figure out.

Of course, I can't say KO because we all know, Mayweather will make a great match-up a boring one to watch while Cotto could make a boring match-up..... a great fight to watch !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Eli_jr24
    Every fighter has a style that they can not defeat or figure out at least. Oscar never looked good with fighters that were faster than him. Judah couldn't handle fighters who put constant pressure throughout the fight. Trinidad couldn't defeat those who were more deffensive than offensive. Shane couldn't figure out a bigger fighter that used a simple jab all fight long. I say this cause Mayweather seems pick the right opponents so he could look good. He never wants to take a chance. Not one fighter he has fought has had all the right tools to defeat him or at least all the right tools in one fighter. Oscar was the best but his power didn't seem to be doing much to floyd. I hnestly don't think oscar wanted to win that fight either.

To me, Cotto has those tools to pull off an upset. Because I truly believe it would be an upset. Mayweather is looked as a god in the boxing world. Here is why I think Cotto could pull off the upset.

1) Cotto would attack Mayweather the same way that Oscar did, but I don't think Oscar's power is even close to Cotto's at 147.We saw what Mayweather did when Oscar attacked him......he moved ,fought backwards and was always looking for the counter.
    2) People continue to underestimate Cotto's speed and Accuracy. Oscar has those same things but he likes to throw them in flurrys and in bunches. He really didn't concentrate on trying to land a good punch or try breaking down his opponent.He was just trying to win a round and was probably focused on the final scorecards.
    3) Oscar used his jab early in the fight and we all saw that it looked effective on PBF. Cotto used his jab on Judah and that to me looked like was key to keeping Judah from thowing alot of punches. I think it was a great strategic plan on Cotto's team and I think that they prepared him well for that fight. I think Cotto would use his jab alot to stop Mayweather from moving as much so he could move in and get work done.
    4) I don't think Mayweather has ever fought someone with the mindset of Cotto. Someone who not only comes to win...he comes to destroy everyone and everything in the ring.

Cotto would need to be cautious with PBF's great counter-punching. If PBF's power doesn't seem to be hurting Cotto........I believe it would be a long night for PBF and Cotto would win this by decision. I truly think that Cotto's style will give PBF trouble. everyone has that 1 fighter or one style they can't figure out.

Of course, I can't say KO because we all know, Mayweather will make a great match-up a boring one to watch while Cotto could make a boring match-up..... a great fight to watch !!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kind of see something not too much different than Floyd/Oscar
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information