Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default John “The Quietman” Ruiz Planning Ring Return

Take the anonymously referred to fighter’s name out of the equation, as well as his awkward and unappreciated style, and go strictly by the facts:

§ The first responsibility of a boxer is to win and _____ has won 41 of 50 fights (7 losses, 1 draw and 1 no contest), including two WBA heavyweight titles and five world title fights against the likes of Evander Holyfield, Kirk Johnson, Hasim Rahman, Fred Oquendo and Andrew Golota.

§ In addition to judging a fighter by who he has beaten, many gauge success in the squared circle by who a fighter’s losses have been to and five of _____’s defeats have been at the hands, or gloves, of world champions Roy Jones, Jr., Evander Holyfield, Ruslan Chagaev, Nikolay Valuev, and world title contender David Tua.

§ _____ has beaten three world champions: Holyfield, Rahman and Tony Tucker.

§ Never one to back down from a fight, ________ fought all of the top heavyweights that would step in the ring with him since he turned pro in 1992. Lennox Lewis threw his title belt away rather than fight ___________, the WBA mandatory contender at the time, and Vitali Klitschko retired after saying nyet to numerous offers from _________ for a unification bout.

Like it or not, fans, fill in the aforementioned blanks with the worthy name of John “The Quietman” Ruiz (41-7-1, 28 KOs).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John “The Quietman” Ruiz Planning Ring Return

John Ruiz is a fucking discrace to boxing. He is the worst ever world champ in any division and the fact he was ever a champ is a sad reflection on the state of boxing. fuck off John we dont want you back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Ruiz boring?? YES

Is he annoying?? YES

Woud I rather put my manhood on the counter and hit it with a meat tenderizer then have to endure watching his carrer boxset on DVD DAMN RIGHT IT WOULD BE LESS PAINFUL!!!!!!

point being though like ELGamo said...

the guy is legit....he has won and beaten some legit champions....

The Tua loss though great to see Jonny boy get starched like that was more of a flash KO and being caught by surprise then anything......IMO a rematch he would lull the Tuaman to sleep and the activity would put the crowd to sleep as well...It would be the first card to offer free coffee to all in attendence

IMO he won the Valuev fight.....

He may be as boring as this post but he knows how to win....it may be ugly but it pays his bills I am sure...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post El Gamo. Still, Ruiz gets the middle finger.

I just want add...

If Ruiz was my uncle or some other relation I would be proud of him and gladly walk the streets of town with him.

Since I have no personal connection to him I am free to discredit the poor guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Take the anonymously referred to fighter’s name out of the equation, as well as his awkward and unappreciated style, and go strictly by the facts:

§ The first responsibility of a boxer is to win and _____ has won 41 of 50 fights (7 losses, 1 draw and 1 no contest), including two WBA heavyweight titles and five world title fights against the likes of Evander Holyfield, Kirk Johnson, Hasim Rahman, Fred Oquendo and Andrew Golota.

§ In addition to judging a fighter by who he has beaten, many gauge success in the squared circle by who a fighter’s losses have been to and five of _____’s defeats have been at the hands, or gloves, of world champions Roy Jones, Jr., Evander Holyfield, Ruslan Chagaev, Nikolay Valuev, and world title contender David Tua.

§ _____ has beaten three world champions: Holyfield, Rahman and Tony Tucker.

§ Never one to back down from a fight, ________ fought all of the top heavyweights that would step in the ring with him since he turned pro in 1992. Lennox Lewis threw his title belt away rather than fight ___________, the WBA mandatory contender at the time, and Vitali Klitschko retired after saying nyet to numerous offers from _________ for a unification bout.

Like it or not, fans, fill in the aforementioned blanks with the worthy name of John “The Quietman” Ruiz (41-7-1, 28 KOs).

I am not excited about him coming back at all. His wins are not dominant ever but borderline decisions. He does not put any exclamation on any fights he has. To me he is far from great, and he gave two middleweights the chance to win a heavyweight title -( in a reign of a real champion like Tyson or Holmes that would not have been possible). Can you imagine Hagler moving up to fight Holmes and winning?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John quiet man Ruiz planning a return ? Wot and he never told us lol needs to speak up lol
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only way I would want to see him fight is if he fought Kimbo Slice ...LOL

El Kabong Guest

Ruiz won some shady decisions and fought guys who didn't deserve shots at the WBA belt and he quits any time he is beaten.....he's a pussy

GO DO MMA JOHN YOU CAN HUG IT OUT THERE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His style is ugly. More of that punch once and hold cr*p that seems to becoming more popular these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Biggest groin in boxing,extends right up to his nipples

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His fight was James Toney was pretty entertaining.

I hope he does ok. I feel sorry for him really, gets so much hate but as El Gamo says his record matches up to pretty much anyone else out there right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he's aggravating as all hell,
    but he did get robbed by valuev...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz needs to stop fighting right now if not yesterday. His style of boxing makes for terrible fights and is a shining example of what is dragging the sport down. Referees need to start deducting points for extreme number of clinches in one round.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Return?........... He left? :P
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nooooooooo !!!!
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Thread Information