Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baldo v Forrest:is anyone interested?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Baldo v Forrest:is anyone interested?

This fight has to be one of the dullest sounding in what has been an outstanding year thus far. Anyone interested in it? What are the rewards for the winner and the consequences for the loser?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Baldo v Forrest:is anyone interested?

Yeah im interested in this fight . We know both guys and their styles will compliment each other

We have had afew good fights this year and although this may sound boring , it will be interesting watching it unfold. We arent expecting fireworks when Winky and Hopkins go at it but its still one to watch . Forrest can look like a clss fighter on his day and Baldy has beaten Judah and Gatti in good fashion .

Not a hard fight to call , Baldy is a one paced pressure fighter who fighte at a slow pace . Vernon keeps it long and uses a fast jab. I see a one sided boxing lesson from Vernon whcih opens the door for biger fights . Dont be surprised if Baldy gets another chance down the line either as im sure he will stay verticle for the duration and be chasing til the end .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think I could manage to stay awake for it.......Baldo is who I favor because IMO Forrest can't stop him and Baldo will pressure the S*** out of him....Problem is I can watch 2 other fights at the start of his combo's and then come back while he is in the middle of the last punch...

Forrest was horrible against IKE who IMO was robbed on that decision....Forrest is shot!!!!!!!

He never recovered from the KO to Mayorga fully as far as the mental aspect goes.....

I rather watch the best of Jim and Tammy Faye Baker
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly........ Not even a little bit, Dont really find interest in either of them, and its not like the fight as any real signifgance for the division, Baldo had his cute little human interst story, and Forrest had his 20 sec of strdom for beating Mosely....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Honestly........ Not even a little bit, Dont really find interest in either of them, and its not like the fight as any real signifgance for the division, Baldo had his cute little human interst story, and Forrest had his 20 sec of strdom for beating Mosely....
    Exactly,with Baldo,he wa sin the right place,at the right time. He beat a lazy Judah and a shot Gatti. I actually do not rate Baldo although he has heart and is tough, I don't find his stlye nor his fights exciting nor even remotely appealing to watch.

As for Vernon,again,I agree. He had the style to beat Mosley,he has done little else except get beaten up by Mayorga and rob Quartey who is more exciting to watch than both these guys.

I think this is for a WBC interim title,isn't Floyd the WBC 154 champ?

How would these 2 fare against the elite at 154? I thnk guys like Karmazin,Simms would beat these two up,especially Baldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I dont think I could manage to stay awake for it.......Baldo is who I favor because IMO Forrest can't stop him and Baldo will pressure the S*** out of him....Problem is I can watch 2 other fights at the start of his combo's and then come back while he is in the middle of the last punch...

Forrest was horrible against IKE who IMO was robbed on that decision....Forrest is shot!!!!!!!

He never recovered from the KO to Mayorga fully as far as the mental aspect goes.....

I rather watch the best of Jim and Tammy Faye Baker
    That decision was outright criminal. I couldn't see any way to give him that fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    This fight has to be one of the dullest sounding in what has been an outstanding year thus far. Anyone interested in it? What are the rewards for the winner and the consequences for the loser?
    A win for either is a must and it will put them back in contention, I say Baldomir by points.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Baldomir and hes as solid as a boxer can be. Plus, Im all for a hard working family guy getting a paycheck. Foresst I never really cared for though. He just never stood out to me.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Boxing Fan
    A win for either is a must and it will put them back in contention, I say Baldomir by points.
    I have to disagree Duke

Baldo is a C rated fighter and Forrest is a blow hard who got an early christmas present against Quartey and beat Mosely 2x 5 years ago got descimated by Mayorga and has NOTHING left in the tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly,with Baldo,he wa sin the right place,at the right time. He beat a lazy Judah and a shot Gatti. I actually do not rate Baldo although he has heart and is tough, I don't find his stlye nor his fights exciting nor even remotely appealing to watch.

As for Vernon,again,I agree. He had the style to beat Mosley,he has done little else except get beaten up by Mayorga and rob Quartey who is more exciting to watch than both these guys.

I think this is for a WBC interim title,isn't Floyd the WBC 154 champ?

How would these 2 fare against the elite at 154? I thnk guys like Karmazin,Simms would beat these two up,especially Baldo.
    Yea but the wbc like people to be constantly paying them money so while floyd is in mid retirement sort of thing they want a bit of pocket money..

they did the exact same with floyds wbc 147 title.. They had mosely and collazo fight for interim championship and looks like they will do it with his 154 title
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's an entertaining undercard matchup. I'd like to see Baldy win another fight. Then he can upgrade his mop and bucket business and maybe become a taxi driver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Forrest wins he could actaully be considered as a fight for some of the top guys i reckon ,

not that im very interested in him fighting anyone, but just what i think will happen.
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, whichever undercard this is on then I will surely be watching cause it is an interesting fight and I confess I have a soft spot for Baldomir, and any fighter who has dragged himself up from humble beginnings, and managed to stay humble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to disagree Duke

Baldo is a C rated fighter and Forrest is a blow hard who got an early christmas present against Quartey and beat Mosely 2x 5 years ago got descimated by Mayorga and has NOTHING left in the tank

I disagree with Baldo being a c fighter...His real big downfall is he is the slowest guy under 160 I have EVER seen...Other then that he is a pretty good fighter....Good skills aggressive and good combos.....Just can't hang with the speed
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I have to disagree Duke

I disagree with Baldo being a c fighter...His real big downfall is he is the slowest guy under 160 I have EVER seen...Other then that he is a pretty good fighter....Good skills aggressive and good combos.....Just can't hang with the speed
    Well if you were to draw an attribute chart about Baldo,and mentioned his robotic speed that what put him at a C IMO

Thread Information