Thread: Is Peter Manfredo Jr the perfect foil for Edison Miranda or visa versa

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Peter Manfredo Jr the perfect foil for Edison Miranda or visa versa

Can Manfredo, 28-4 (13 Kos) regain the fire and desire and fight like he did against Sergio Mora? And can “Pantera,” 28-2 (24 Kos) regroup and fight like he did against Willie Gibbs and Howard Eastman? A win for Manfredo puts him back in the mix. A win for Miranda restores much of the lost glamour
    By the wat, if Manfredo enters the ring again to the theme of the Godfather, I will puke on the TV set.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Is Peter Manfredo Jr the perfect foil for Edison Miranda or visa versa

.......that's MURDER right there Miranda-Manfredo....dude Pete would get slaughtered, especially at 168

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Peter Manfredo Jr the perfect foil for Edison Miranda or visa versa

I don't think much of Manfedo. He would get destroyed by Miranda, wouldn't be close would end in 2 rounds or less.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see fight happen. Never can really get enough of seeing Manfredo get his ass beat. And get his ass beat he will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'd be a total blow out. Manfredo (and Mora for that matter) have no business fighting on a world level.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    It'd be a total blow out. Manfredo (and Mora for that matter) have no business fighting on a world level.
    GOOD someone agrees with me Manfredo os an awful fighter and any world class fighter would beat him convincingly he has no power or balance and if u want a career in boxing you dont go on a TV show.
    Fact is hes a total media product and we shouldnt even give him the time of day on this excellent forum.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manfredo has the perfect jaw for Miranda to bust, thats about it.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    GOOD someone agrees with me Manfredo os an awful fighter and any world class fighter would beat him convincingly he has no power or balance and if u want a career in boxing you dont go on a TV show.
    Fact is hes a total media product and we shouldnt even give him the time of day on this excellent forum.
    i dont know if manfredo is an awful professional .. but...

miranda is the type of world class fighter that if you lose to him convincingly you might not fight again... which is what i think would happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    Actually, while I don'y much like him, he does have a solid chin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ted The Bull
    Your right he does have a solid chin, I'm talking about the broken jaw that Peter would suffer from the constant pounding of right hands, just like he did to Abraham.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your right he does have a solid chin, I'm talking about the broken jaw that Peter would suffer from the constant pounding of right hands, just like he did to Abraham.

Got it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got it!
    You've got to give Peter credit where it's due, he can take a punch, if he couldn't take a punch we probably wouldn't have a clue who he is

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Manfredo, he's a decent fighter but has alot to learn. I don't think he's anywhere near world level though and a fight with Edison Miranda is just plain wrong for him. Miranda was unlucky to come up against Pavlik, and he shouldn't have been looking past him to Taylor. Bottom line, Miranda is a world class fighter and is possibly the hardest p4p puncher in the world. Pete would get hurt bad, and should look maybe to fight somebody like Beyer or Greene if he wants a step up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    I like Manfredo, he's a decent fighter but has alot to learn. I don't think he's anywhere near world level though and a fight with Edison Miranda is just plain wrong for him. Miranda was unlucky to come up against Pavlik, and he shouldn't have been looking past him to Taylor. Bottom line, Miranda is a world class fighter and is possibly the hardest p4p puncher in the world. Pete would get hurt bad, and should look maybe to fight somebody like Beyer or Greene if he wants a step up.
    Manfredo is due to fight Allan Green in October according to boxrec, I think Green knocks him out, Beyer would outbox him, Andrade, Inkin, Froch, Bute, Mundine, Brahmer, Lacy, Tsypko, Berrio, they all beat Manfredo easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ony reason anyone cares about Manfredo is because if they use him in a fight against a top guy, they wil gain lots of publicity because Manfredo is 'thta guy from the contender'. Why do you think Gatti vs. Gomez is happening and Taylor vs. Mora almost happened ? Simple, it's all about the $$$$

Thread Information