Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How is it that some people still don't believe in Ricky Hatton?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How is it that some people still don't believe in Ricky Hatton?

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Quote Originally Posted by gman1
    why dont they believe in him? because castillo was a shot fighter, it showed straight away from the 1st round, and it was even apparent in his last fight. also hatton always cheats to accomplish his goals. how can you credit him for that.
    See I hate that crap. He wasn't exposed before this fight as being shot. He is shot, because Hatton beat the fight out of him. For a fighter to be shot, somebody has to expose him. Can I ask, if Hatton beat Mosley, would you say Mosley was shot? What about Mayweather beating DLH? Are you telling me that was a prime DLH. It's all bollocks. If a good fighter is beaten consistantly, only then can you truly tell if he is shot.
    That's BS. First of all, Castillo did look well past it in his last fight vs Ngoudjo... Secondly, since when does a fighter need to be exposed beforehand to be deemed past it Anyone who knows a bit about boxing could have told you Castillo was way fargone just by watching his legs.. Just like Emanuel Steward was saying right out of the gate. Unless he's an idiot when it comes to boxing as well.. Go ahead and watch Castillo Corrales and then Castillo Hatton back to back. Tell me JLC wasn't SHOT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Quote Originally Posted by gman1
    why dont they believe in him? because castillo was a shot fighter, it showed straight away from the 1st round, and it was even apparent in his last fight. also hatton always cheats to accomplish his goals. how can you credit him for that.
    See I hate that crap. He wasn't exposed before this fight as being shot. He is shot, because Hatton beat the fight out of him. For a fighter to be shot, somebody has to expose him. Can I ask, if Hatton beat Mosley, would you say Mosley was shot? What about Mayweather beating DLH? Are you telling me that was a prime DLH. It's all bollocks. If a good fighter is beaten consistantly, only then can you truly tell if he is shot.
    That's BS. First of all, Castillo did look well past it in his last fight vs Ngoudjo... Secondly, since when does a fighter need to be exposed beforehand to be deemed past it Anyone who knows a bit about boxing could have told you Castillo was way fargone just by watching his legs.. Just like Emanuel Steward was saying right out of the gate. Unless he's an idiot when it comes to boxing as well.. Go ahead and watch Castillo Corrales and then Castillo Hatton back to back. Tell me JLC wasn't SHOT.
    That maybe true. But too many people make excuses after fights. The word shot is interesting since we think it is a guy who does not have it anymore and never will. I think alot of factors go into this. A guy who is not comfortable at a certain weight and got spoiled making weight. Making weight is easier when you are younger and willing to train all the time. And his motivation to train goes down. I think if you could put a young mans motivation in the body of Castillo he would still fight well.. Look at Duran or Hearns. They kept fighting for years after they were prime and still fought ok. They had motivation..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

easy! beacuse he is white!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ALONZOBUTLERNEXTCHAMP
    easy! beacuse he is white!
    Do what?
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information