Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: If Floyd does fight Hatton, will you....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: If Floyd does fight Hatton, will you.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Poll: If Floyd does fight Hatton, will you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I just want Floyd to come back, Ricky is one of the bigger names out there so a worthy tune up fight for Floyd before he goes on to fight Mosely or Cotto
    lol tune-up why dont you give me ten to one odds then

man you guys watch collazo and hatton at 147 and you already know hattons complete future and potential for hatton at 147... you all should be hbo commentators
    If I could give you a cc Fire I would, couldnt have said it better myself. Just because Hatton had 1 bad fight at 147 (which he did not have enough time to bulk upto or prepare for) against a slick southpaw everyone thinks that Hatton has no chance at 147. Give the guy a break and if he does move up and gets his arse wooped I will bow down and say I was wrong and the doubters were right!!
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would applaud Floyd for taking the fight and criticize Floyd for not fighting Mosley (or another welterweight)... Are you kiddin me, what better way does he have to get away from Cotto, Mosley and Tony and still cash in millions of HBO, MGM Grand and plenty of other contracts in fighting a 5' 6'' tall tight, upright, short-armed 1 dimensional pressure light welter fighter who bring a capacity crowd of 13 thousand 4 a meaningless IBO title fight ( even though he has fast footwork, good balance and excellent reflexes coming in, he still rushes his way in head first)? ... Either Tito or Ricky, Floyd will go straight to the bank with this ( Ha ha ha ha ha)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    You cannot argue that Hatton has deserved his shot he clearly has and I certainly don't think you can not want to see two fighters fight because you think one of them will lose. I myself think Floyd will beat Hatton easily by staing on the outside and picking him apart. I think it's a fight that's practically gauranteed to see Ricky have at least a couple points docked for holding and maybe even disqualified.

However he has most definitely earned a shot at Floyd and if Floyd fights him I certainly won't be saying it was an easy option for Mayweather.
    trust me i want to see it...i want to see him fight hatton,cotto, and SSM those three fights are what i feel he needs to become top 10 ATG...but i'd rather see him fight SSM first....
    The Mosley fight is extremely intriguing but it definitely cannot make anything close to the money that Hatton v Mayweather would make. I think it generates more excitement in so many ways, plus it's prime v prime which always looks great in the history books.
    forget money..ssm is much bigger threat than hatton..beat shane first then take the money fights...shit he made about 25 million for delahoya..he shouldn't be starving for awhile..besides he got 8million against baldomir...he'll get and easy 10mill for fighting mosley...
    Mayweather isn't like that, HBO isn't like that, no one is like that. If your in Mayweathers shoes right now your gonna take the most money for the least risk, only I think Hatton is the bigger danger .
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You cannot argue that Hatton has deserved his shot he clearly has and I certainly don't think you can not want to see two fighters fight because you think one of them will lose. I myself think Floyd will beat Hatton easily by staing on the outside and picking him apart. I think it's a fight that's practically gauranteed to see Ricky have at least a couple points docked for holding and maybe even disqualified.

However he has most definitely earned a shot at Floyd and if Floyd fights him I certainly won't be saying it was an easy option for Mayweather.
    trust me i want to see it...i want to see him fight hatton,cotto, and SSM those three fights are what i feel he needs to become top 10 ATG...but i'd rather see him fight SSM first....
    The Mosley fight is extremely intriguing but it definitely cannot make anything close to the money that Hatton v Mayweather would make. I think it generates more excitement in so many ways, plus it's prime v prime which always looks great in the history books.
    forget money..ssm is much bigger threat than hatton..beat shane first then take the money fights...shit he made about 25 million for delahoya..he shouldn't be starving for awhile..besides he got 8million against baldomir...he'll get and easy 10mill for fighting mosley...
    Mayweather isn't like that, HBO isn't like that, no one is like that. If your in Mayweathers shoes right now your gonna take the most money for the least risk, only I think Hatton is the bigger danger .
    exactly..i said that the move is calculated..as he knows he can capitalize off hatton's current steam for more money and a lesser risk than mosley... its a smart business move but he knows it and most bozing experts will agree that as far as styles go and going off the collazo fight mayweather will make hatton look silly...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It depends. Hatton is worthy of a shot...at 140....

At 147,Floyd has too many unresolved issues. We still have yet to see him fight a big strong WW with a punch/speed and this is where Cotto/Margarito/Mosley fit in. Out of those guys,Hatton is the most$$$ for the least risk so again,it's a business manuever.

I would like to see a HattonFloyd fight but I want to see Floyd fight the winner of that tournament much much more.. I guess I would applaud Floyd for taking this particular fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton imo manages fine at welter given the right preparation..

Cotto is not one dimensional.. He showed he can take a punch, he showed great fitness.. he has showed that his none stop attack can nullify the best of them
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB

Cotto is not one dimensional.. He showed he can take a punch, he showed great fitness.. he has showed that his none stop attack can nullify the best of them

best of them is who exactly...zab is good but hardly best as was corley, torres, and quintana..all good but hardly on floyd's level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

apllaud Floyd because if he does fight Hatton it will be at Welterweight and he can fight Mosely after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TYSONBRUNO
    apllaud Floyd because if he does fight Hatton it will be at Welterweight and he can fight Mosely after.
    must forgot about cotto, margarito, @ williams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

best of them is who exactly...zab is good but hardly best as was corley, torres, and quintana..all good but hardly on floyd's level
    No no your right bro..

I understand..

Its hard to say tbh..

Hatton and cotto are THE biggest challenges for floyd,

And your right its hard to scale them to floyd by the way they fight.. Floyd has shown such excellence..

But at the same time cotto and hatton are the type of guys that have also shown excellence and are the most likely to show more due to styles and character..

But its impossible to measure up to floyd.. So you just rate them on closest to him.. given theyr shared opponents to floyd and theyr own qualities
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow the poll is 100% so I think we're all gonna buy this fight eh? Looks like we're all gonna be happy if this one comes off.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No no your right bro..

I understand..

Its hard to say tbh..

Hatton and cotto are THE biggest challenges for floyd,

And your right its hard to scale them to floyd by the way they fight.. Floyd has shown such excellence..

But at the same time cotto and hatton are the type of guys that have also shown excellence and are the most likely to show more due to styles and character..

But its impossible to measure up to floyd.. So you just rate them on closest to him.. given theyr shared opponents to floyd and theyr own qualities
    hatton and cotto are both A+ but i think floyd is A++ and cotto and hatton are both styles that floyd has faced before...but hatton and cotto have never faced the like of floyd..but no matter it still going to be great fight..it more of the intrigue that excites me..hatton's style version pbf, i'd rather see it at 140 because i feel hatton's workrate will drop at 147 and he will not be at his best...nevertheless let's get it signed first....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would certainly applaud floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if floyd beats hatton at 147 they will say hatton was too short for the weight and too one dimensional for floyd...cotto is too one dimensional and doesn't have enough footwork not too mention still doesn't have the proper ring knowledge to be in the ring with floyd....

SSM at 147 soundedly beat collazo, a fighter younger than both PBF and himself...not to mention almost beat hatton if it were not for a well timed left hook that gave hatton the extra points to win the fight...well timed because collazo was off balance..not because he was hurt....

Collazo broke his thumb in that fight, after two rounds, and has had surgery since, Hatton V floyd would not be a walkover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather fights where the money is at, and right now Hatton is a way bigger name than Mosley. I know both beat Collazo, but now that Hatton has just beating a common opponent between him and Mayweather I want them to fight more, for now. I think Mayweather should fight Mosley after this though if MOsley continues to win. I see tall guys like Paul Williams or Margarito maybe giving Mosley a hard time.

Thread Information