Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My introduction, and a question

Hey Abaddon. I can't really help you there, but that was a nice story that I found. It's nice to know when somebody has the stuff, especially when they show you a thing or two to change your thinking.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon
    Hiya all !

Yes, Tika, the Pitts. million dollar baby is Reverends Stoudemires neice. She will begin training at the Clairton Boxing Club soon. Reverend and I has maed a commitment to the city of Clairton for the next ten years. By the way, I have discovered that Canada has a lot of female fighters, so I will be making my way through their in the near future with my daughter. Do any of you know any place else that female boxing is big? I know of the Golden Glove tourney for females in Florida, and the nationals, anywhere else?
    I know its damn big around here
    My wife took this years Beckley Toughman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went to a workshop by Polar which gave a really good presentation on how to programme your running.

They said they'd email it to me so as soon as they do I'll put it up on here. You can use a heart rate monitor but even without one a lot of the principles they spoke about were still useful.

The key thing being allowing sufficient recovery. Don't get her to do two hard running sessions on consecutive days if you want her to be as explosive as she can possibly be.

I wouldn't completely drop all the longer slow runs she does now either. I know that a lot of people say you don't need them at all for boxing but people at the Polar workshop advocated one longish, slow session a week to keep your base fitness up and help your body cope with the hard stuff.

Sure she doesn't need to run marathons but I think the two 5 miles runs she does every week now are good. Maybe could make one slightly longer and drop the other completely if you want to change it.

It's still classed as a hard day because it's long though so don't do it immediately the day before or after hard running.

Coming back from a knee injury I don't do really long runs but I get in one 2 hour slow swim every week and it feels good. Maybe I'm biased though - I have to admit that because I've had my fun in distance running and endurance events
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point Sharla, even when I was a cross country runner we trained in both steady long distance and intervals.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Sharla:

Well we found a heavyweight for my daughter in Ohio, the girl that she was to fight tonight backed out, dont know why. I also talked with a gym in Canada, the manager Lily, is setting something up now....goodness, this is the part of boxing that I have a love/hate relationship with....lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Sharla:

Well we found a heavyweight for my daughter in Ohio, the girl that she was to fight tonight backed out, dont know why. I also talked with a gym in Canada, the manager Lily, is setting something up now....goodness, this is the part of boxing that I have a love/hate relationship with....lol
    Not me man,for me its strictly hate/hate
    Thats not enitrely true,Ive gotten to meet some pretty cool folks,but everytime I deal with a promoter,I feel the need for a vigorous bath

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aint that the truth, lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way Abs, how's you're girl doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hiya all !

Well she is down to 198, she lost 7 pounds over the past 10 days. I started to use slimfast, non-fat milk, and a bag of frozen mixed fruit, sometime I also use non-fat yogurt for a breakfast drink, and she will drink a 8 oz glass of it when she is craving something sweet. We have been eating a lot of fish, skinless chicken and vegetables, and fruit. We are also starting to do interval training with her running, however we followed the advice given and are only doing this every other day.

She seems to be getting stronger everyday, and her punches are god awful strong, she is going to be a force to contend with. her stamina is strong. We do every thing in the gym at 3 min. intervals. Her daily workout is:

7:30 am - 9:00 am Running (interval training incorporated now.
    11:30 - 1:00 Isometrics and neck excersice, jump rope, and instructional mitt work.
    3:30 - 6:00 jump rope, shadow boxing, mitts, heavy bag, double end bag, corner bag, hook bag, speed bag, and sparring on Monday, wednesdays and Fridays.

She does her evening workout at 4 rounds, 3 minutes each round, on each activity.

Wanted to let you know that Tika hemingway, and Monty Clay( I think Monty) will begin training at the gym soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chatiqua still amateur?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds like she's on a roll from what you're telling us. Glad to hear it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hiya Trainer:

Yep Tika will stay as an amateur through the Nationals of 2008, then will turn pro. She has benn having issues as to where she wants to train, and who she wants as her trainers. Quick explanation, Reverend Stoudemire trained her initially while he was down the Hill Distict, well when he decided to move to Clairton, Tika stayed where she was. Rev. trained her to the point of her departure to the Nationals, which is where she gained her international ranking. Since their split, while they still have a daughter/father relationship, Tika seems to have become a bit misguided, lost so to speak. She was disqualified in the Nationals this year, holding and hitting, and Rev. has yet to get a hold of her, she seems to have disapeared. We decided that it might be a good idea to reunite with her, and see if she would like to be nearer reverend Stoudemire, not that we are trying to steal her, we feel that she needs a father figure in her life, and she can train where she wants. We discussed the arrangements however, in the case that she should decide to train at Clairton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hiya Trainer:

Yep Tika will stay as an amateur through the Nationals of 2008, then will turn pro. She has benn having issues as to where she wants to train, and who she wants as her trainers. Quick explanation, Reverend Stoudemire trained her initially while he was down the Hill Distict, well when he decided to move to Clairton, Tika stayed where she was. Rev. trained her to the point of her departure to the Nationals, which is where she gained her international ranking. Since their split, while they still have a daughter/father relationship, Tika seems to have become a bit misguided, lost so to speak. She was disqualified in the Nationals this year, holding and hitting, and Rev. has yet to get a hold of her, she seems to have disapeared. We decided that it might be a good idea to reunite with her, and see if she would like to be nearer reverend Stoudemire, not that we are trying to steal her, we feel that she needs a father figure in her life, and she can train where she wants. We discussed the arrangements however, in the case that she should decide to train at Clairton.
    Damn shame,last I heard she was shreading amateurs,you think Monty is over the "incident"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well with Monty, he and Rev. Stud go way back. Seems the Rev is the one who got Monty into the gym to start boxing, and worked with Monty initially. From what I hear through the grapevine is that Monty is being overshadowed by the Lubash boys. The lubash boys are up and commers, but as of yet turned pro. Doesnt make sense to me, putting a world champ on hold while turning to two highly recognized amateurs...? Anyway, to thicken the plot with Monty, seems that the whole problem may be stemming from money....Let ya all know more when I find out.

Thread Information