Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's official...Mayweather is P*ssed!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's official...Mayweather is P*ssed!

Quote Originally Posted by ACEA
    Mayweather may hit and run but it isn't his fault the other guy isn't quick enough to catch him. What he is doing is not illegal he is using his strengths to his advantage hitting and holding is illegal and that should be stopped by the ref. The hitting and holding just shows how much of a limited fighter Hatton is and he has done it against the two best guys on his record, i aint going to take anything away from Hatton by calling him a cheat as its not his fault the ref aint dealing with it but i dont like him for doing it.
    You're right, it isn't Mayweather's fault nobody but Carl Lewis could catch him, and it's nobodies fault but the referee's that Hatton can get away with holding. As much as I like both of them, this is a weird fight. Mayweather wants to personally put himself next to Robinson and Ali on the greatest list. What a ridiculous statement from someone who won't go to war like both those men, and like Ricky does really. Ricky in truth has very good boxing skills but wants to mug you 1st and doesn't seem to even want to use but a couple of elements of the "sweet science". This fight will be determined by the referee as much as anything. Mayweather is not going to chance getting tagged by those viscious body shots of Hatton while on the ropes. DLH might be a better boxer and overall champ than Ricky but his inside game vs. Mayweather was absurd. Ricky's mastered his inside game, so I doubt Floyd wants to chance what happened to Castillo. On the other side of the coin you won't see Ricky trying to outbox Mayweather as that would be ridiculous to the point of being criminal, so he'll definately try to mug PBF. I couldn't call this fight if I had a gun to my head, until maybe I knew who the ref would be. Even then it is mind numbing. I will go on record as saying I think Mayweather will get a stoppage on Ricky from cuts alone in the 9 th or 10th round, just for fun sake, as I am betting they will handpick their ref if possible.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Baynezee

Don't post often but when people are comparing Hatton to Gatti i got to speak. Hatton is so much more than a Gatti.

No doubt Mayweather has the skills and defensive work and if had a bet thats were the money would go!

BUT

If Hatton can get amongst him cut the ring off and give those ribs a good tickle i think he has as good a chance as any of getting something out of Floyd.

And we might actually see Pretty Boy in a fight that we will remember! Can't deny for all his skills, my heart ain't stepped up one beat watching him fight.

Well said fella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let it be known that I said that Hatton is an easier fight than Margarito, Cotto, even an old Mosley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of hatton fans seem to think that hatton is gonna just bully floyd to the ropes and work him over. sorry folks but almost every floyd opponent has tried that. the thing is that floyd has great ring generalmanship. he makes you fight his fight. thats that. People also seem to not notice that floyd is bigger than hatton in both height and reach and lets not firget hes way faster and far more technically skilled. all i can see is ricky getting jabbed and straight right handed as he comes in all day. people think he'll hurt floyd to the body but its a good chance that he never connects with anything meaningful to the body cause to get in he has to sell out and floyd will make him pay. floyd ud or 10th round stoppage.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    A lot of hatton fans seem to think that hatton is gonna just bully floyd to the ropes and work him over. sorry folks but almost every floyd opponent has tried that.
    I get in this argument all the time about fighters saying they're going to "bully Floyd to the ropes and work him over."
    You're right, every opponent says they'll do it, and every opponent fails.

One of biggest misconceptions in boxing is that the way to beat a speed/defense fighter like Floyd is to barge in and try to bully them. This never works, because it gives a fighter like Floyd the chance to just back up and throw counters all night, while the opponent chases him all over the ring, wasting tons of energy and getting very little out of it.

The way to counteract a fighter like Floyd's speed is with a long jab. Similar to Vernon Forrest against Shane Mosley, Tommy Hearns during his fights with Leonard (he was way ahead on the cards before getting Ko'ed). The jab is what neutralizes speed, not bullying.

This is why Hatton is the exact opposite of the type of fighter who can give Floyd problems. Hatton is short, has short arms, and never jabs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still cant see this fight happening. We will all be disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton is gonna beat the shit out of Mayweather. By the end of the fight he'll be ugly boy floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    I'm afraid I agree - can't see anyway Hatton, could win unless he somehow managed to just smother Floyd and steal a decision - aint gonna happen. Floyd will do the same as he did to Gatti imo

I see it the same. Even as a Brit I'd be rooting for Floyd to win this. He's just such an exciting defensive genuis that I would always root for him over the ugly mauling clinch style of Hatton even if I was Matthew.
    Whats exciting about Floyds hit and run style? Hatton's fights are plenty more exciting. I'm not criticizing Floyd. He's extremely skillful and quick, but more exciting than Ricky? You must be taking the piss.
    More exciting, yes, more skillful, no.

Skill beats excitement, ask Gatti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448
    im amazed at how many people think floyd will win so convincingly. hatton can beat floyd. why do people think floyd is superman. hatton is a complete animal in that ring. people who have followed his career will no this and have faith coz u no what he can do. hatton is a warrior thru and thru he will give floyd hell. it makes me laugh how floyds manager that leonard prick says hatton will get knocked out early if they fought. is this the same floyd that was meant to stand and trade with oscar and go to war. floyd will hit and run like the mouthy little S*** he is if he fights hatton. he aint no warrior hes a phoney little punk. hatton by stoppage or ud
    Couldnt put it better myself my man. Anyone that thinks that PBF will KO Hatton has took to many punches to the head. The only way PBF beats Hatton is to run for 12 rounds ,defend and counter like he did against ODLH, apart from when he did kind of go toe to toe with Oscar in the last 10 seconds of the fight.
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Ricky will have 10's of thousands of fans and a whole country cheering him on come fight nite... but sadly it wont be enough. Mayweather will be as ferocious as the nite he demolished Gatt 
    Or was Gatti just too limited and fought a stupid fight? 
    Nope, Like Mr Manick and SweetPea said already.... Bulling Mayweather is not the answer.. Ricky has good hand speed, Floyd has Excellent. Ricky will have to sell out to get in, and Floyd will tear him apart for that, Ricky will be eating straight rights and leaping left hooks....

Ricky is good people and fun to watch a real likeable chap who I find my self rooting for but I'm a Floyd Mayweather fan 1st and foremost and I'm not picking him to win out out of blind fandom, Floyd is just on a whole other plain when it comes to ability and execution.. Ricky dosent stand a chance in this fight   

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure...On the flipside of thye coin mayweather will never have been pressured as Hatton will pressure him.
    Castillo's pressure at a lower weight nearly paid off fro him and i feel that the pressure a naturally bigger Ricky Hatton will exert will be so much greater, i giv Hatton a shot. I think a split decision for Hatton...Well unanimous if its in the UK

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I'm not sure...On the flipside of thye coin mayweather will never have been pressured as Hatton will pressure him.
    Castillo's pressure at a lower weight nearly paid off fro him and i feel that the pressure a naturally bigger Ricky Hatton will exert will be so much greater, i giv Hatton a shot. I think a split decision for Hatton...Well unanimous if its in the UK
    Mayweather has been pressured like that before by Jesus Chavez. It ended in a TKO loss for chavez when his corner threw in the towel after the 9th round. Ricky has never fought anyone even nearly as slick as Mayweather.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Mayweather has been pressured like that before by Jesus Chavez.  It ended in a TKO loss for chavez when his corner threw in the towel after the 9th round.  Ricky has never fought anyone even nearly as slick as Mayweather.
    people will argue that he was a southpaw and there is some difficulty there, but the only slick Boxer he fought was mediocre Luis Collazzo, and that was a REALLY disputed desicion, were a flash Knock down saw his way thru...

Believe you me Ricky will feel the huge disparity in speed and stinging accurate counter punching

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Mayweather has been pressured like that before by Jesus Chavez. It ended in a TKO loss for chavez when his corner threw in the towel after the 9th round. Ricky has never fought anyone even nearly as slick as Mayweather.
    No matter how this fight goes down i don't see hatton getting stopped!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather wqas getting cut off against De La Hoya and doing nothing untill ODLH got tired .
    Hatton will bring all out shear aggression for 12 rounds and the Pretty Boy won't like it at all !
    Mayweather walked through the thunderstorm of KTs punches and stood tall and out gamed the outgamable in Castillio .

Honestly we've seen Mayweather show out so many times against average fighters and to think that some people on here are comparing Hatton to Gatti and Chavez makes me want to attack my computer with a Machete .

I fully believe Hatton can beat Mayweather , Mayweather doesnt bring awesome power like KT or Castillio and and whilst he has skills and footwork against Hatton it will be a long night and as Lords Gym says Hatton will make oppurtunites for himself .

Hatton has fast feet and fast hands the stamina of a wild dog the tenacity of a Brown bear and yet Mayweather Lord of the Dance give it the biggun showout king ooooh me hands hurt pussy Pretty Boy tries to insult him with comments on his style .

Thats like the Boss of Boston United saying Jose Mourhino has a boring style .

Mayweather gets results yes but he will be in with a force of nature a true warrior who will make him fight if he thinks he can Mug Hatton off like he Mugged Gatti and Baldomir then he is in for a rude awakening .

Thread Information