Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's official...Mayweather is P*ssed!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's official...Mayweather is P*ssed!

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy

Mayweather wqas getting cut off against De La Hoya and doing nothing untill ODLH got tired .
    Hatton will bring all out shear aggression for 12 rounds and the Pretty Boy won't like it at all !
    Mayweather walked through the thunderstorm of KTs punches and stood tall and out gamed the outgamable in Castillio .

Honestly we've seen Mayweather show out so many times against average fighters and to think that some people on here are comparing Hatton to Gatti  and Chavez makes me want to attack my computer with a Machete .

I fully believe Hatton can beat Mayweather , Mayweather doesnt bring awesome power like KT or Castillio and and whilst he has skills and footwork against Hatton it will be a long night and as Lords Gym says Hatton will make oppurtunites for himself .

Hatton has fast feet and fast hands the stamina of a wild dog the tenacity of a Brown bear and yet Mayweather Lord of the Dance give it the biggun showout king ooooh me hands hurt pussy Pretty Boy tries to insult him with comments on his style .

Thats like the Boss of Boston United saying  Jose Mourhino  has a boring style .

Mayweather gets results yes but he will be in with a force of nature a true warrior who will make him fight if he thinks he can Mug Hatton off like he Mugged Gatti and Baldomir then he is in for a rude awakening .
    Good sound Unbiased analysis that I come to expect from you Gordo 

Yep Ricky is a 1000000000000000%  worldbeater with all the advantages.... Floyd is mediocre at best and has so many glaring defincies its blind luck he har been PFP ranked for 442 weeks.... and I'm sure if pressed you would figure Ricky has a 12 in Dik and Floyd has a Pinky tip 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also love how people are proclaiming that Ricky is this superhuman cardio machine... Seeing his previous 2 fights before Castillo he faded down the stretch, and against Castillo NONE of that was answered since the fight went 4 rounds.... Floyd is an all niter and has never faded, as a matter of fact as a fight wears on he gets stronger.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel that Hatton does have the style to beat PBF. I still favor PBF to win but it should be interesting. Castillo gave PBF his best fight, and nearly beat him. I think if Ricky mauls him he wins. If he can't get him to the ropes he loses. He needs to fight just like he did against KT, slam his body into him etc... ODH had the strategy, but didn't execute it all the way through. I truly think this will be a competetive fight. I would think PBF wins on cuts, in a seesaw battle with a rematch to follow.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't understand this, every fight Hatton has, someone predicts that Hatton will get stopped on cuts! It's never happened!
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather doesnt bring awesome power like KT or Castillio

Mayweather gets results yes but he will be in with a force of nature a true warrior who will make him fight if he thinks he can Mug Hatton off like he Mugged Gatti and Baldomir then he is in for a rude awakening .

Floyd has a fair amount of power just ask Gatti and he had Oscar rocked and Judah until he through the low blow. He may not have awesome power but he can hurt you and he is deadly accurate which takes its tole. If he was a more aggressive fighter he would have a hell of a lot more K.O's but he uses the easiest root to get the win, why stand and trade when you dont have to?

How can you say he mugged Gatti he beat him silly. This fight wont be like the De La Hoya fight because Oscar had amazing defense and Hatton does not have that + Oscar used the Jab which Hatton wont be able to do. Floyd has learned a lot from the 1st fight with Castillo and knows how to fight against pressure fighters now, look what happened the second time around. I think Hatton will be the easier fighter out of the guys Floyd could face, i think the guy who has the best chance is Mosely because he has a fair amount of power and he can actually catch Floyd. Cotto would have a great chance if his defense wasn't so leaky because he cuts the ring off very effectively its just he is in warrior mode all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

Mayweather wqas getting cut off against De La Hoya and doing nothing untill ODLH got tired .
    Hatton will bring all out shear aggression for 12 rounds and the Pretty Boy won't like it at all !
    Mayweather walked through the thunderstorm of KTs punches and stood tall and out gamed the outgamable in Castillio .

Honestly we've seen Mayweather show out so many times against average fighters and to think that some people on here are comparing Hatton to Gatti and Chavez makes me want to attack my computer with a Machete .

I fully believe Hatton can beat Mayweather , Mayweather doesnt bring awesome power like KT or Castillio and and whilst he has skills and footwork against Hatton it will be a long night and as Lords Gym says Hatton will make oppurtunites for himself .

Hatton has fast feet and fast hands the stamina of a wild dog the tenacity of a Brown bear and yet Mayweather Lord of the Dance give it the biggun showout king ooooh me hands hurt pussy Pretty Boy tries to insult him with comments on his style .

Thats like the Boss of Boston United saying Jose Mourhino has a boring style .

Yep Ricky is a 1000000000000000% worldbeater with all the advantages.... Floyd is mediocre at best and has so many glaring defincies its blind luck he har been PFP ranked for 442 weeks.... and I'm sure if pressed you would figure Ricky has a 12 in Dik and Floyd has a Pinky tip
    Can't we have one conversation that doesnt end with a mention of a big dick...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly we've seen Mayweather show out so many times against average fighters and to think that some people on here are comparing Hatton to Gatti and Chavez makes me want to attack my computer with a Machete .

Thats like the Boss of Boston United saying Jose Mourhino has a boring style .

Yep Ricky is a 1000000000000000% worldbeater with all the advantages.... Floyd is mediocre at best and has so many glaring defincies its blind luck he har been PFP ranked for 442 weeks.... and I'm sure if pressed you would figure Ricky has a 12 in Dik and Floyd has a Pinky tip
    Can't we have one conversation that doesnt end with a mention of a big dick...
    I take my hat off to you Gordo, your certainly a good sport about the verbal jousting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2918039

Looks like Ricky has pushed all the right buttons

Ricky Hatton wants a shot at Floyd Mayweather Jr., considered by many to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in boxing. It looks like he might get his wish.

"Ricky Hatton cannot fight. He throws one punch at a time and then holds. Hatton is the most overrated fighter of the last 25 years."

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Mayweather said Tuesday he will come out of retirement to put Hatton in his place.

"I was retired but I'll sign to fight Hatton right now. I've tried to let the things he said about me slide by, but now he's 'dissing' me on national TV and I want to shut him up. I've never wanted to hurt an opponent like I do Hatton.

"Ricky Hatton cannot fight. He throws one punch at a time and then holds. Hatton is the most overrated fighter of the last 25 years."

Hatton's one-punch knockout win Saturday night over Jose Luis Castillo to retain his world junior welterweight championship just might have been the breakthrough the British fighter needed to convince fans outside his native country that he is the real thing at 140 pounds.

Like Mayweather, Hatton is undefeated. Unlike Mayweather, he fights in a wild, all-out style that should prove popular as he continues his campaign in the United States.

"There was more action in the four rounds of this fight than Floyd showed in his entire career," Hatton said.

There was more action in the four rounds of this fight than Floyd showed in his entire career.

Ricky Hatton

Mayweather announced his retirement after beating Oscar De La Hoya last month.

Hatton's father, Ray, said that his son is ready to face Mayweather -- anywhere.

"We're up for the fight, you've got to be up for a fight like that," Ray Hatton told Radio Five Live in the United Kingdom. "But it doesn't always end with the two fighters. There tends to be a few people getting in between.

"Ricky is chomping at the bit. I've spoken to him a little bit before all this came out and he said it's a no-brainer. It's a definite yes.

"Ricky will fight him anywhere -- that's the difference between him and Floyd, who wants it on home turf."

Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's manager, said a fight could happen in the fall.

"Hatton's trying to promote himself off Floyd's name and he [Mayweather] will kick his butt. Floyd told me he wants to get the deal on," Ellerbe said, according to the Guardian newspaper. "Hatton [insulted] Floyd [on television]. But that's OK, he's had his opportunity to talk. Now all he has to do is to sign a contract and we can get this done. We can have it this year, in the fall. We don't need to wait."

Floyd is a good fighter but a fool. He is just playing games. Alot of guys have insulted him more than Hatton and he does not mention them. Margarito has been calling out Mayweather for 2 years and Floyd doesn't mention him. Floyd is good but not great yet and he has to do more to be great. The Mayweathers are big mouthed guys who talk big and only one Mayweather has been skillful enough to backup the mouth and that is Floyd. Roger insults great fighters like Hagler yet Hagler was a legend and Roger was not. Give a guy like Roger a vehicle to talk and he does. But no one really cares, all people are is amused that someone can be so insulting. As for Floyd, still he is not as great as he says he is. I mean in boxing history there have been real legends. If he thinks he is close to being a legend he is wrong. One big fight against a faded Oscar does not make him great. Floyd sees a smaller guy (Hatton) he can outbox who has momentum and a name right now after his win over Castillo. That is why Floyd is probably going to fight him. I would love to see Hatton knock out Floyd, I just think the style of Floyd is great for stopping the aggression of Ricky.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do believe De La Hoya vs. Hatton would be a much more exciting fight though.
    Totally, at least Oscar WOULD FIGHT and not punch and get on the bycicle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino
    I do believe De La Hoya vs. Hatton would be a much more exciting fight though.
    Totally, at least Oscar WOULD FIGHT and not punch and get on the bycicle.
    it would be ok but Oscar does not excite me anymore. Oscar does now what Sugar Ray Leonard did in the twilight of his career, Oscar seems to think he is the story and he can fight whoever he wants and squeeze money out of people. Oscar does not have a title and he has lost 2 of his last 3 fights. Floyd vs. Hatton is a better fight to see what Hatton has. If Hatton beat Delahoya people would just say Oscar is a shot fighter.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather is by far the best fighter on the planet but do we maybe make him out to be even better than he is?

Every time a fight with say a Hatton or a Cotto is mentioned you get so many people saying that PBF will "destroy" him, that it will be a Gatti like massacre. Actually it probably won't be.

PBF flat out doesn't do what he did to Gatti to everybody. Was Baldomir destroyed, was Castillo destroyed, was Oscar destroyed, even guys like Sosa weren't destroyed. Judah went the distance, Corley went the distance, it took 8 rounds to finish Bruseles.

Yet you get posts regularly (not really talking just about this thread) in which Hatton and Cotto will be annihalated, tortured for six rounds and stopped brutally in the seventh.

More likely Hatton will be outboxed, it won't be some brutal ass kicking. Look at how Floyd has fought as he's moved up in weight fighting big, strong pressure fighters, for example, Castillo (second fight) and Baldomir. Floyd boxed beautifully but very very conservatively, they were by no means massacres. It could be worse for Hatton because he presses the fight more than those two do, leaving more opportunites to be countered, but at the same time he does a better job of smothering than those two.

It will probably be a UD for Floyd but its not like the fight isn't worth having because its just such a massive mismatch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I'm not sure...On the flipside of thye coin mayweather will never have been pressured as Hatton will pressure him.
    Castillo's pressure at a lower weight nearly paid off fro him and i feel that the pressure a naturally bigger Ricky Hatton will exert will be so much greater, i giv Hatton a shot. I think a split decision for Hatton...Well unanimous if its in the UK
    Mayweather has been pressured like that before by Jesus Chavez. It ended in a TKO loss for chavez when his corner threw in the towel after the 9th round. Ricky has never fought anyone even nearly as slick as Mayweather.
    people will argue that he was a southpaw and there is some difficulty there, but the only slick Boxer he fought was mediocre Luis Collazzo, and that was a REALLY disputed desicion, were a flash Knock down saw his way thru...

Believe you me Ricky will feel the huge disparity in speed and stinging accurate counter punching
    i see you constantly slamming people for being biased ... look at your self you degrade hatton's opponents and his skills like every true hater....

hatton has a chance to beat mayweather... stop trying to make hatton look like he and all of his opponents have just been avg.. the dude is good...

i'm sure you will justify that all of your statements are true so your not biased... just like all of the other haters... or it seems like people like you have animosity towards hattons fans for some reason...

hattons win over collazo is only REALLY disputed by the haters.. hatton won 7 to 5 w/ a kd.... collazo would have had to win 7 to 5 which nobody saw happen...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see how Floyd is going to be able to run from Hatton the way he did with Baldomir. That's his style and he'll tend toward it ... but Hatton's going to pressure him constantly. Mayweather will need good defense, but it will have to be more than just running; and he's going to have to fight aggressively at the same time to outpoint Hatton or TKO him late.

We really don't know how good Floyd is ... if he beats Hatton like he did Gatti, it may not tell us anything new about him; but I don't see that happening. I think Floyd will win, but I think Hatton will pressure him and force him to be more than he had to be against others.

Not a walk in the park for Floyd; a hard-fought victory that should garner him a bit more respect, except from Hatton-haters.

Floyd's not a god and he's not invincible but he's the best out there right now until someone proves it otherwise. I for one hope Hatton gives him the hardest fight he's ever faced, and forces him to pull out all the stops to win.

Thread Information