Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Koki Kameda, are the officials in his back pocket?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Koki Kameda, are the officials in his back pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminated
    Quote Originally Posted by CutmeMick
    You know I wouldn't say Koki has the judges in his back pocket cause honestly theres no evidence of that.
    Is there a possibility? Yes, do we really know? No.
    This is the reason I made the thread. I haven't claimed anything corrupt other than what I saw from the fight linked to in this thread. I have merely asked for opinions from people who have followed Kameda more than I have.

I also think Koki lost the 1st Landeta fight, but all credit to him for getting back in there and rematching Landeta IMO that speaks volumes of him.
    I have yet to see the Landaeta fight, hopefully the torrent I requested from another site will be uploaded today.

I also DON't think Japans trying to manufacture a Champ I mean theres no need to, if you look at the lower weight classes throughout the years Japans produced many great Champs.
    By manufacture I was referring to his hype machine. It seems to me, and many other Japanese fans, that Kameda is being made into a megastar already. Other Japanese fighters aren't given this same treatment, at least on this level, from what I understand. He is a 20 year old fighter who beat no one in title contention, earned a title shot, won a controversial decisiona nd then won the rematch in his first title defense. He then moved up in weight and fought a 5-1 fighter. He is someone to keep an eye out for, but at this point, it seems they are already trying to cash in on his potential.

The low blows I see what your saying BUT I mean thats like the people who say they let Hatton get away with too much holding.....
    Does this somehow make it legal? Boxing has rules for an abundance of reasons. There was a sequence in the linked video where Kameda landed a 3 punch combination below his opponents beltline with each one being delivered lower and with more force. He pushed the opponent around the ring, nails him with a punishing low blow, the ref didn't say one thing.

If you go on YouTube theres a video of several people walking out of the Koki-Landeta fight and they are expressing that Koki lost. Again Koki gave him the rematch and beat clearly there.....
    I saw that, what is your point? Some fans are bound to dislike a fighter who is as popular as Kameda is already. Not everyone can be pleased, no matter what.

About Saman well to be fair VD not a whole lot of people know about him and even more sooo you and I know that not a lot people pay as much attention to the smaller classes, also Samans waaaay past his best days now this isn't the same Saman who beat "Chiquita".... Saman has the track record former champ has fought some of the best but you gotta count hes was on his way out.
    Yes, the posted above obviously doesn't know what the word avid means.
    i like this guy..
    You brought up a valid arguement, stated your facts, and defended yourself rather nicely.
    CC to you, hope your around alot more.

also,
    You will find that when you bring some strong facts into a post, that post, and the person you argue with will fade away quicker than the posts of people bickering back and forth. I cant even count the number of times i have read good posts that end with someone Schooling someone else, and the person getting schooled is never to be heard from again (in that post).

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This isn't really exactly what the threads about but how good is Kameda?

for whatever reason, I haven't been able to see but just a few of his early fights and a round of the Landeata fight.

Looks wide the fuck open for body shots in that first video, with that high guard, elbows not tucked and short arms. Looks like he's got some ability though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tokyobox
    I live in Japan and have seen him fight about seven times. Three times in person.

The answer to your question in the beginning of the thread is : the officials are probably not in his back pocket. Kameda has been great for boxing here as he has brought fans and advertising money to the sport, but he is a highly controversial boxer here for the reasons that you stated. He hasn't faced many strong opponents and the media hype is nauseating. Most people here didn't buy it and thought he was all style and no substance. The first fight with Landaeta in Aug 06 just added fuel to the fire, as most people here who watched it (and there were many) thought he was beaten soundly.

But much to his credit, he fought Landaeta again in Dec 06 and beat him pretty convincingly when nobody expected him to. It quieted some but not all of his critics. By then, he had trouble making weight at 108 and moved up to Flyweight which was a more natural weight for him according to his camp (his goal is to be champ in three weight classes eventually).

He'll eventually challenge for the WBA Flyweight (current champ is Takefumi Sakata)

Some things to keep in mind about Koki:

1. Kameda-Landaeta I was a damn good fight and a close one, too. Even though he got dropped and probably should have lost, he had Landaeta on the run a few times.
    2. We are still learning about Koki because he is young and his non-title fights have been against fairly weak opponents. Non-title fights here of course have Japanese officials and judges, etc.
    3. The Japanese boxing fans are most certainly NOT convinced he is the real thing yet, by far. They want to see him fight the big names just as much as you do!

Just my opinion but I hope this helps clear up a few things.

tb

Fair post. My post's purpose was to present an argument and see what people thought. Kameda is a good fighter who probably has a bright future. I've read about his background and I don't hold many things against him considering he is still only twenty years old. His father seems to be overbearing and controlling as demonstrated by him pulling Koki of of his opponent after the Mexican's corner complained of low blows. Koki seems to be branching out though, so the future probably holds a public feud between the two of them if Koki wants to grow up and become a man. I give Koki credit for showing that deep down he isn't all hype. He should blossum into what his hype machine has created, if that is even humanly possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see Koki win several titles in multiple weight classes as he progresses.

On to my point about the officials. It seems that the judges have been very kind to him. With all fo the hype, the judges and referees are bound to have lots of pressure on them. In several fights I've seen refs let him get away with several hard low blows in succession. I don't think all officials will be this way for him, but it is somethign to be concerned about in our ever corrupting sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    You know I wouldn't say Koki has the judges in his back pocket cause honestly theres no evidence of that.
    This is the reason I made the thread. I haven't claimed anything corrupt other than what I saw from the fight linked to in this thread. I have merely asked for opinions from people who have followed Kameda more than I have.

I also think Koki lost the 1st Landeta fight, but all credit to him for getting back in there and rematching Landeta IMO that speaks volumes of him.
    I have yet to see the Landaeta fight, hopefully the torrent I requested from another site will be uploaded today.

I also DON't think Japans trying to manufacture a Champ I mean theres no need to, if you look at the lower weight classes throughout the years Japans produced many great Champs.
    By manufacture I was referring to his hype machine. It seems to me, and many other Japanese fans, that Kameda is being made into a megastar already. Other Japanese fighters aren't given this same treatment, at least on this level, from what I understand. He is a 20 year old fighter who beat no one in title contention, earned a title shot, won a controversial decisiona nd then won the rematch in his first title defense. He then moved up in weight and fought a 5-1 fighter. He is someone to keep an eye out for, but at this point, it seems they are already trying to cash in on his potential.

The low blows I see what your saying BUT I mean thats like the people who say they let Hatton get away with too much holding.....
    Does this somehow make it legal? Boxing has rules for an abundance of reasons. There was a sequence in the linked video where Kameda landed a 3 punch combination below his opponents beltline with each one being delivered lower and with more force. He pushed the opponent around the ring, nails him with a punishing low blow, the ref didn't say one thing.

If you go on YouTube theres a video of several people walking out of the Koki-Landeta fight and they are expressing that Koki lost. Again Koki gave him the rematch and beat clearly there.....
    I saw that, what is your point? Some fans are bound to dislike a fighter who is as popular as Kameda is already. Not everyone can be pleased, no matter what.

About Saman well to be fair VD not a whole lot of people know about him and even more sooo you and I know that not a lot people pay as much attention to the smaller classes, also Samans waaaay past his best days now this isn't the same Saman who beat "Chiquita".... Saman has the track record former champ has fought some of the best but you gotta count hes was on his way out.
    i like this guy..
    You brought up a valid arguement, stated your facts, and defended yourself rather nicely.

also,
    You will find that when you bring some strong facts into a post, that post, and the person you argue with will fade away quicker than the posts of people bickering back and forth. I cant even count the number of times i have read good posts that end with someone Schooling someone else, and the person getting schooled is never to be heard from again (in that post).

I don't want to say too much because I know VD's type. I will say this though..His name isn't abbreviated into an STD for no reason. As you should have learned from Joe Nameth, they have pills to cure VD. I'm the antidote.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like this guy..

also,

I don't want to say too much because I know VD's type. I will say this though..His name isn't abbreviated into an STD for no reason. As you should have learned from Joe Nameth, they have pills to cure VD. I'm the antidote.
    Antidote? Your not even a mediocre poster. You came in here with internet rumors about Kameda. No facts what so ever. You embarrass yourself when you bad mouth him but yet only seen 2 of his fights. But nothing will make me laugh more than when you actually had the nerve (and stupidity) to call yourself an avid boxing fan but you don't know who Saman Sorjaturong is. Stick to WWE or something, cuz you ain't no boxing fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

i like this guy..

also,

Antidote? Your not even a mediocre poster. You came in here with internet rumors about Kameda. No facts what so ever. You embarrass yourself when you bad mouth him but yet only seen 2 of his fights. But nothing will make me laugh more than when you actually had the nerve (and stupidity) to call yourself an avid boxing fan but you don't know who Saman Sorjaturong is. Stick to WWE or something, cuz you ain't no boxing fan.
    It looks like we have another breakout! This guy is like an itch you can't scratch. If you scratch it, then it will only spread. I'm just going to pretend I never slept with Saddo and contracted this disease, metophircally speaking. With that said, can anyone tell me if Saddo's has an ignore option?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

i like this guy..

also,

It looks like we have another breakout! This guy is like an itch you can't scratch. If you scratch it, then it will only spread. I'm just going to pretend I never slept with Saddo and contracted this disease, metophircally speaking. With that said, can anyone tell me if Saddo's has an ignore option?
    The answer is simple. Stop posting nonsense ("his fathers gang ties"). If you avoid that (which I doubt you can) you'll be alright. If not, you get smashed on. That simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any news opinions on the Kameda's after recent events?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kameda knocked out the great Saman Sorjaturong in only his 7th fight and at 18 years of age
    Saman who had a great war with Chiquita Gonzalez quite a while ago. Not in his prime obviously when he fought Kameda.

I don't admire Japanese boxers that much. They seem to hand-pick their opponents (consisting of journeymen most of the time). Something I like about Pac is that at least he's getting out of the Phils to fight top notch opposition and proving he has what it takes to be a champion. I have seen lots of fights in Japan that are a complete steal *sigh*. Seems like Japanese have to be taken out on a stretcher to REALLY LOSE a match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino
    Kameda knocked out the great Saman Sorjaturong in only his 7th fight and at 18 years of age
    Saman who had a great war with Chiquita Gonzalez quite a while ago. Not in his prime obviously when he fought Kameda.

I don't admire Japanese boxers that much. They seem to hand-pick their opponents (consisting of journeymen most of the time). Something I like about Pac is that at least he's getting out of the Phils to fight top notch opposition and proving he has what it takes to be a champion. I have seen lots of fights in Japan that are a complete steal *sigh*. Seems like Japanese have to be taken out on a stretcher to REALLY LOSE a match.
    Not sure about your comment on Jap fighters. One of my faves,Takefumi Sakata does not handpick his opponents. Elaborate on your point,name a fighter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Orzubek Nazarov (Russian, sure, but based in Japan) who lost when he first fought against a well-known fighter: Jean Mendy and retired right after that loss.

Same thing with Yuri Arbachakov (based in Japan) who only fought a few times outside Japan.

But ok, let's name a few Japanese big names out there...Joichiro Tatsuyoshi. He fought outside Japan like 3 times and in Las Vegas, sounds good, right? But those 2 or 3 times he fought in Las Vegas were against hand-picked opponents who had 80% to 90% of losses in their record. Then comes Daniel Zaragoza and gives him a lesson twice.

How about Yasuei Yakushiji? He never fought outside Japan. Then comes a guy like Wayne McCullough and beats him. He retires after that.

At least it was a good fight when Yakushiji and Tatsuyoshi met in the ring.

Thread Information