Default Re: Carl Froch? Whats he done?

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    I agree he hasn't done much, but he's definitely got talent! He's got good power as well. I would like to see him matched with someone in the top 10 pretty soon!
    Top ten soon? How can he be WBC number 1? He is 29 and had 21 fights and not even fought a decent guy in the top 20. Most top fighters have a world title at this stage.
    For starters mate forget the alphabet crap cause its ruining the game. Pavlik had the same stuff said about him. I rate Froch in the bottom half of the top ten. But at this point I think Calzaghe crushes him. In saying that I think he'd beats a lot of other guys in the top 10... Beyer, Lacy, Green, Inkin & Bika. I'd love to see him face Andrade!
    Green is LHW these days, Beyer is shot, Inkin and Bika arent even in the league of Mundine. Its hard to say where Lacy is at.
    Was talking about Allan Green, so you think he can beat these guys too? They are all currently ranked in the Rings top 10 super middleweight division!
    My bad about Green. Ive seen Froch and sure he has power but no guy he has faced has really fought back or had the skill to fight back. I think anyone with decent defense and some speed could give him fits. Carls defence is woeful. Im saying even if he did beat these guys it doesnt prove he is a top class fighter. Although it would be good to see him fight one of those names to see where he is at. Calzaghe, Mundine, Kessler all whoop his a**.
    Calzaghe & Kessler agreed, but by how I saw Mundine fight last night I'm not so sure. If Anthony plays around with a guy like Froch he'll be taken out!
    He wouldnt play around with him. He'd pick him off like he did Danny Green and win a large points decision.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree he hasn't done much, but he's definitely got talent! He's got good power as well. I would like to see him matched with someone in the top 10 pretty soon!
    Top ten soon? How can he be WBC number 1? He is 29 and had 21 fights and not even fought a decent guy in the top 20. Most top fighters have a world title at this stage.
    For starters mate forget the alphabet crap cause its ruining the game. Pavlik had the same stuff said about him. I rate Froch in the bottom half of the top ten. But at this point I think Calzaghe crushes him. In saying that I think he'd beats a lot of other guys in the top 10... Beyer, Lacy, Green, Inkin & Bika. I'd love to see him face Andrade!
    Green is LHW these days, Beyer is shot, Inkin and Bika arent even in the league of Mundine. Its hard to say where Lacy is at.
    Was talking about Allan Green, so you think he can beat these guys too? They are all currently ranked in the Rings top 10 super middleweight division!
    My bad about Green. Ive seen Froch and sure he has power but no guy he has faced has really fought back or had the skill to fight back. I think anyone with decent defense and some speed could give him fits. Carls defence is woeful. Im saying even if he did beat these guys it doesnt prove he is a top class fighter. Although it would be good to see him fight one of those names to see where he is at. Calzaghe, Mundine, Kessler all whoop his a**.
    Calzaghe & Kessler agreed, but by how I saw Mundine fight last night I'm not so sure. If Anthony plays around with a guy like Froch he'll be taken out!
    He wouldnt play around with him. He'd pick him off like he did Danny Green and win a large points decision.
    So you are giving Froch some credit, Mundine knows when he's in the ring with a serious threat & boxes smartly. I personally think it would be closer than the Green fight.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you are giving Froch some credit, Mundine knows when he's in the ring with a serious threat & boxes smartly. I personally think it would be closer than the Green fight.
    Im saying Froch is better than Mundines last opponent. Green had achieved a lot more than Froch has when he fought Mundine, and had been in with good opposition. If Froch fought Mundine next it'd be a massive step up in class. I think Mundine would almost shut out Froch, and maybe even tko him late on. Froch's only chance is a ko, and if Kessler couldnt do it i dont think Carl can.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mundine fights like he did against Soliman then I agree, but I have a feeling Froch would be able to get Mundine out of his game plan... then it could be anyones fight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mundine fights like he did against Soliman then I agree, but I have a feeling Froch would be able to get Mundine out of his game plan... then it could be anyones fight!
    What if Froch finds he cant hit Mundine? Then what? All of a sudden he is 6 rounds behind and keeps eating jabs? Thats what i see happening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What if Froch finds he cant hit Mundine? Then what? All of a sudden he is 6 rounds behind and keeps eating jabs? Thats what i see happening.
    It's foreseeable, but Mundine likes to lay on the ropes a lot. It could spell trouble!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's foreseeable, but Mundine likes to lay on the ropes a lot. It could spell trouble!
    Is still think if Kessler, Green and Soliman couldnt hurt Mundine Froch cant. Just my opinion.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is still think if Kessler, Green and Soliman couldnt hurt Mundine Froch cant. Just my opinion.
    Kessler & Green can hit, Soliman can't! Thing is Mundine tends to get careless... think Siaca & Nishizawa!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler & Green can hit, Soliman can't! Thing is Mundine tends to get careless... think Siaca & Nishizawa!
    He has learnt from that. He hasnt been hit flush since siaca. The truth is that Mundine has fought many top suppermiddles and done well, Froch hasnt fought a top 20 guy. Until he does its not even worth comparing the two.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has learnt from that. He hasnt been hit flush since siaca. The truth is that Mundine has fought many top suppermiddles and done well, Froch hasnt fought a top 20 guy. Until he does its not even worth comparing the two.
    Sweet as bro, but that's the whole fun of being on the forum, the debate. I don't even like Froch. Just trying to be fair to both guys. Up until last night I thought Mundine was a big threat for Calzaghe & Kessler. But his performance last night has had me second guessing him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sweet as bro, but that's the whole fun of being on the forum, the debate. I don't even like Froch. Just trying to be fair to both guys. Up until last night I thought Mundine was a big threat for Calzaghe & Kessler. But his performance last night has had me second guessing him!
    I think Mundine just did enough to win, i think he could have ko'ed his opponent but probably was a little cautious. Thats probably what he has learned since siaca and nishizawa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to add that Victor Oganov has almost as good a record as Froch but never gets mentioned in the same breath. If Victor was from the UK he'd be big news.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to add that Victor Oganov has almost as good a record as Froch but never gets mentioned in the same breath. If Victor was from the UK he'd be big news.
    Maybe, but Froch is ranked in the top 10, Oganov is not. I don't think it will be long though before Oganov starts getting some recognition. With a record like his it won't be long indeed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But Sven " I hit like A girl" Otke KO Mundine so yes he has an IRON jaw...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=thewhale ]

[/quote

But Sven " I hit like A girl" Otke KO Mundine so yes he has an IRON jaw...............
    Mundine fought 24-0 Ottke in his 10th fight for the IBF title. Froch fought Alan Page......

Thread Information