Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OK Experts...Training Part Deux

I heard he passed away last year.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    I heard he passed away last year.
    Yep.October,hell of a life though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Thanks Chris...And man i got what seems to be water retention rather than fat lodged on my styomach...any tips there?
    You probably have too much salt in your diet, this causes your body to hold on to more water. If I was doing any hard labor jobs during this summer I'd either take a salt pill or eat a high sodium diet so I don't sweat myself dry. Look at the lables on cans and packages you might find that many of them are loaded with salt.
    Interesting side note here,you can tell when your blowing through too much water
    Have a pickle,if it tastes to die for,go get some gatorade

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow! That was an eye opener....I really enjoyed it, its a great way of keepin active in the off season and i think il do it some more....But really wow! I was in the ring with a decent pro and i did well....And although neither of us were going flat out or anything i looked better. He whipped my ass the first minute but then i jus jabbed the remaining rounds and it kept connecting....Wow....I'm a lil dizzy hehe Actually i'm a lot dizzy hehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's awesome. Imagine What it would be like if you were his regular sparring partner.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'd probably be a lot more aggresive. They asked me back...anytime i like. He'll be training every day so anytime i like for sparring. I'm being very hesitant with my punches, not throwing in combination but i reckon i was just intimadated a little. I loosened up in the last round.
    I'v got a million miles to go before i turn pro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'd probably be a lot more aggresive. They asked me back...anytime i like. He'll be training every day so anytime i like for sparring. I'm being very hesitant with my punches, not throwing in combination but i reckon i was just intimadated a little. I loosened up in the last round.
    I'v got a million miles to go before i turn pro.
    They asked ya back bro,thats key

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you want to become better improve your level of competition. That's what's sparring is supposed to do for you, not just getting used to fighting the same gym rat over and over, but fighting different fighters, and better sparring partners. Just don't come out the ring feeling like you've been hit by a truck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow! That was an eye opener....I really enjoyed it, its a great way of keepin active in the off season and i think il do it some more....But really wow! I was in the ring with a decent pro and i did well....And although neither of us were going flat out or anything i looked better. He whipped my a** the first minute but then i jus jabbed the remaining rounds and it kept connecting....Wow....I'm a lil dizzy hehe Actually i'm a lot dizzy hehe
    You did good. How was the pocket money?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pocket money? €40 for 5 rounds.....thats about 50 us dollars i think. I'm goin again this evenin!! I owe u a CC trainerMonkey. Here ya go.

It was so cool, the guy i'm sparrin has only like 8 pro fights, but i walked into my normal little gym and there were all these guys around FOR him. To do anythin his coach wanted.
    And as for the ring work, he was doin stuff i haven't even been told about yet!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's awesome mate. Don't be afraid to share your experiences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't worry too much about looking ripped, look at CAlzaghe , he hasn't got any fat on him but his muscles just don't show that much,

People don't realise how much genetics plays a role in how you will look even if you work out, some people just don't and can't get that ripped up 6 pac look , im one of them.

So basically you might be near your optimum shape already, it's just genetics preventing you aesthetically looking how you want

Thats cricket

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

donny, did you you spar him again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you able to make a vid of it next time? Or are they worried about opponents seeing it?

Sounds like it'd be good to watch
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, sorry havent replied sooner! To Chris ya i spar him regularly now, yesterday was a really tough session! He's very slick, makes u think he's throwing, makes u react and THEN throws. He's good thats for sure.
    POOM: The frustrating thing is that i have an excellent physique, its just impossible to retain. 2 weeks training and i look the part, but i can lose it overnight!!!! It really is amazing!
    I'll try video some sparring tonight Sharla, Theres a few other pros training with us now too, They'll all be Boxing on the John Duddy undercard July 23rd/24th in Dublin.
    I personally am really happy with my fitness, im really on a high!
    My trainer, who's a brutally honest kinda guy, was even remarking on my condition! I'm one happy Hitman

Thread Information