Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OK Experts...Training Part Deux

hey up love
    i asked my fella about his one
    him being a boxer and trainer
    and ripped really well(i hardly notice it anymore though lol so there's a helpful hint for u )
    he said it really does have a lot to do with genetics
    he's had his since secondary school and hardley does sit ups etc.....
    he just has minimal body fat etc...
    you cant make the abdo muscles so huge that they show through anything water body fat all play a part
    i'll send you a pic through email hitman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sounds like pure water retention as most have said then,

google for some herbal things to reduce that if it realy bothers you , but not that much you can do , some just retain water more than others, it sucks
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Hey, sorry havent replied sooner! To Chris ya i spar him regularly now, yesterday was a really tough session! He's very slick, makes u think he's throwing, makes u react and THEN throws. He's good thats for sure.
    POOM: The frustrating thing is that i have an excellent physique, its just impossible to retain. 2 weeks training and i look the part, but i can lose it overnight!!!! It really is amazing!
    I'll try video some sparring tonight Sharla, Theres a few other pros training with us now too, They'll all be Boxing on the John Duddy undercard July 23rd/24th in Dublin.
    I personally am really happy with my fitness, im really on a high!
    My trainer, who's a brutally honest kinda guy, was even remarking on my condition! I'm one happy Hitman
    This must be a big step up in sparring than what you're used to. That's great. Besides it keeping you alert there's a lot that you can learn. Will you also be sparring with the other pros there?

If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc Chris i haven't bin on in a while n i reckon i owe u a few. No il just be sparring with him, It's not a pro gym it's a training camp before this big pro show next month. All the other pros there are heavies. The sparring is just a totaaly different expieience, my defense which has been a weak point in the past has been pretty easily exposed and is coming on in leaps and bounds. My hands are always held up correctly now. On the attack, which has always been my great strong point. I have to work a lot harder to hit him and quickly have to return to defense. It really is a complete schooling. Yesterday was a fantastic session, Again i failed to get video but i will next day i promise

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc Back. That's nice,You'll get better once you have a feel and good idea of what he does. If you're not too busy working out, it's also a good idea to watch the other pros sparring sessions. You can then ask yourself whym, what, and how they're fighting a particular way. You can observe how they are thowing their jab, how they're moving, how do they defend, etc. Besides learning from watching fights on TV you can learn a lot from watching fights anytime you get the opportunity to do so.

Anyways I'm sure it's tough, but this is a great learning experience for you. I'd like to check out some video of your sparring if you can manage.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will get some no doubt.
    I watch a lot of boxing, not just fight at present iv gotta a pretty large collection of amateur and pro fights and i try to adopt little bits that i like.

I will record a bit of the sparring the next night not only so u can see me, but theres also this heavyweight pro 8-0 with 6 ko's getting OWNED by a amateur superheavy thats jus spectacular to watch every time they spar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    My trainer, who's a brutally honest kinda guy, was even remarking on my condition! I'm one happy Hitman
    A vid will be good to see - you've got me curious with the written commentary.

I know what you mean about the brutally honest trainer thing - one of the coaches in my gym is like that - he entertains himself by coming up with as many comical insults as possible and practically never smiles.

Funny thing is he's more committed to us than everyone else in the gym put together and I know he's secretly a big softie underneath who loves us all to death. I've even seen the odd tear well up which he tries to hide.

I know that on the rare occasion he's happy with me I've done something good He's the type of person I really want to try hard for (aswell as myself) - not because of the insults but the care factor that's behind them.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Thread Information