Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default OK Experts...Training Part Deux

So i'm back and i'm fit. I'm superbly confident now every time i step into the ring and have just a few glitches to work out before september.
    However, my issue is one of far less importance. I'm skinny as hell and i wanna be ripped dammit!
    Can any of u guys advise me a good all round workout to use in co-ordination with my boxing to make me look the shit? CC's to all helpful replies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OK Experts...Training Part Deux

Check out the basic plan that I drew up for Abbadon. Basically the diet is to prevent your body from having surges of the hormone insulin, what this means in plain English is that you're eating more food at a particular time and your body can't use all of it for energy, therefore it turns into the chubbles that you've come to live with. This is a big problem if you're used to the 3 square meals a day plan. Expand this to 5-6 meals a day and you'll be on your day to getting ripped. Also check out the advice I made in Abbadon's thread, the same can apply to you.

Basically what this boils down to is eat right, eat at the right times during the day, and gradually reduce excess calories from your daily intake. "Gradually" is the word that you want to keep in mind. Say for instance you start cutting calories and working hard day in and day out you'll probably lose weight and it will be muscle. That's why you gotta listen to your body and take things slow.

Another thing that I had mentioned in Abbadon's thread is the hormone Leptin, basically he's the guy that tells your body that it's not starving. If he's not satisfied you'll be packing on fat and burning muscle instead. If you are cutting calories you don't want your body to confuse this with starvation so to fix this once during the week you increase the amount of carbs that you can eat for just that one day. This will maintain your Leptin levels therefore your body won't go into starvation mode.

As for exercise you still gotta take this one step at a time. The kind of exercise you do can determine how high your metabolism is going to be for the day. I'll keep referring back to Abbadon's thread for you, you're going to have to find out what things that you're doing throughout the day and think of how you can improve them. You can improve your morning roadwork so your metabolism will be higher. Interval training is a good way to go. And besides working in intervals of intensity to burn off fat, you can work in intervals to improve your boxing. Say for instance you're working on the bags, you can try a different tactics/moves for each different round, this can apply to anything you can think of.

It only works if you keep doing it.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Chris...And man i got what seems to be water retention rather than fat lodged on my styomach...any tips there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Thanks Chris...And man i got what seems to be water retention rather than fat lodged on my styomach...any tips there?
    You doing a full crunch routine?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

200 situps every day since i was like 15, followed by work with the medicine ball, then planks, then the lieing down cross foot things.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You probably have too much salt in your diet, this causes your body to hold on to more water. If I was doing any hard labor jobs during this summer I'd either take a salt pill or eat a high sodium diet so I don't sweat myself dry. Look at the lables on cans and packages you might find that many of them are loaded with salt.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

200 situps every day since i was like 15, followed by work with the medicine ball, then planks, then the lieing down cross foot things.....
    Ahhh crunches are a series that target specific areas of your abs
    http://www.ast-ss.com/training/exerc...asp?bp=Ab&pn=8
    Since Im being lazy about describing,this was the best link I could find

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sit-ups are a good exercise but there's more you can do. You can do crunches if you want to hit the top abs, or lay on your back and lift your legs up which will hit your bottem abs. If you are really feeling froggy you can get a pull-up bar and do straight leg raises from there. It's killer, you'd have to work up to it. You can also work your obliques (sides) by twisting when you do situps, or by doing side bends.

You can also make your situps harder by using an incline bench, and by contracting your abs harder and the whole time that you're doing them. It's crazy how much the abs have to do with. If you cough, sneeze, poop, or punch your abs are always involved. They also protect the spine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should probably try to make a vid to show my ab routine...Il try my best! Thamks a mill for your help guys! Jus got a call from my trainer, there's some pro in town looking for a sparring partner....My first time gettin paid to box! let's see how we go!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That money better be under the table donny. You don't want to have to turn pro too soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck regardless
    When Holmes went up to the Poconos to spar with Ali for the first time,the champ caught him.Holmes refused any treatment for it,and it made a hell of a shiner,he wanted to be able to go back to Easton and say "Ali did that"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nice little story Monkey, CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    nice little story Monkey, CC.
    cc back,Im like Bert Sugar without the cigar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who's Bert Sugar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    Who's Bert Sugar?
    Odd factoid for the day,Sugar's great uncle was Red Auerbach

Thread Information