Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone Watch the NBA Draft?

I caught the first ten picks last night of the NBA draft, and I was wondering if anyone else watched it? Man Oden was the number one and that dude is beast man. He's only going to get bigger to because if I remember correctly he's really young.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone Watch the NBA Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21
    I caught the first ten picks last night of the NBA draft, and I was wondering if anyone else watched it? Man Oden was the number one and that dude is beast man. He's only going to get bigger to because if I remember correctly he's really young.
    Yeah he's like 19. I wanted to watch but forgot about it and all i caught was the very end when they were reviewing everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Yeah he's like 19. I wanted to watch but forgot about it and all i caught was the very end when they were reviewing everything.
    Yeah I only saw the first ten picks. I'm about to check out the rest in a minute. I want to see who my Knicks picked up. I think they were picking like 23 or something though, so I'm sure no-one that good.
    Dude thats crazy he's only 19 he's still going to get bigger and I wouldn't be surprised if he match's up well with Shaq or even dominates him in the years to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I only saw the first ten picks. I'm about to check out the rest in a minute. I want to see who my Knicks picked up. I think they were picking like 23 or something though, so I'm sure no-one that good.
    Dude thats crazy he's only 19 he's still going to get bigger and I wouldn't be surprised if he match's up well with Shaq or even dominates him in the years to come.
    The said the knicks did really well in the draft (eventho i think it has a lot to do with trades they made). I think Horford if bigger than Oden isn't he? He's not as tall but i think maybe just all around bigger. If Oden gets hooked up with a strength coach and all that he will definitely be huge for many years to come.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The knicks, sonics, blazer and hawks all came out with better rosters than they came in. One of the deeper NBA drafts I've ever seen...if that kid from brazil pans out for SA...look out
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

your knicks did okay in the draft, but isiah fucked up real bad by trading channing fry and steve francis (he will return to his old self) to portland for zack randolph and once again, another huge contract thats gonna keep them in salary cap hell for years to come

its getting real hard for me to defend isiah anymore cuz channing fry is gonna be the shit

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

your knicks did okay in the draft, but isiah fucked up real bad by trading channing fry and steve francis (he will return to his old self) to portland for zack randolph and once again, another huge contract thats gonna keep them in salary cap hell for years to come

its getting real hard for me to defend isiah anymore cuz channing fry is gonna be the shit
    That was actually a great move by Isiah. Randolph is in his prime. He had a big year last year. Fry is soft. And Francis is shot. His legs are gone. He'll never go back to his old self. Isiah was smart to get rid of them both.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Randolph is a good upgrade, but does that mean Curry will play center now?
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Al Thorton out of fsu

tru hooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no ...no.... and hell no!!!! that is a total waste of time...now the football draft?...totally different story...the NBA sucks balls.....NCAA is where real basketball is....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't catch it live, but I did get the news of it. Oden and Durant are going to be stars. But unfortunately in the wrong timezone. I think Durant is the next Tracy McGrady, that's who he reminds me of in terms of talent. Good outside player, explosive with or without the ball in his hands and a tremendous finisher who finds the lanes. He's going to be a star.

Richardson leaving Golden State is sad for me. Richardson absolutely loved this town and seemed for a long time like the only Warrior interested, but this was the right trade for both teams. Charlotte gets someone to complement Wallace and Okafor, and he should take a lot of pressure off Felton at the 1 spot. Next year could be their playoff year. I think they'll compete with the Magic for that 8 spot out East. Especially if Dudley performs like most expect him to, he seems to be a can't miss type of guy, for what he did in 4 years at BC.

Brendan Wright is a guy who is going to be making a fraction of the money Richardson was due, and he has a ton of upside to him. Out of anybody the Warriors could have reasonably got for an injury prone and probably overpaid Richardson, I'm glad they got a guy like Wright. It's a good addition.

I think the most fascinating and not all that talked about part of the draft was the Nets getting Sean Williams. Williams was a phenom at BC before he got kicked off the team. I remember one game he had something crazy like 8 blocked shots, and he seemed to get 4 a game. You have to wonder how that and his character turns over to the pros because as it stands right now, he might be the steal of the draft and had he been able to play this season, he could have been in that mix of the third pick. Very anxious to see how he performs. Obviously has some off court issues, but there weren't many more exciting players to watch in college basketball in 05-06 then Sean Williams when he was on his game under the rim.

Thread Information