Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Was the fight as good as the show

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Poll: Was the De la Hoya-Mayweather fight as good as the 24/7 show??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fire Poll: Was the De la Hoya-Mayweather fight as good as the 24/7 show??

I know it seems kinda stupid to say the show is better than a boxing match... But truthfully I have more memories about the boxers from the show...

And although Mayweather gave his critics plenty of more amunition about personality flaws, i think the show made me warm up to him a bit...

I was just thinking about it and strangely enough I think i liked the show more than the match.. What do you all think??

I was thinking about it cause i was wanting to see some 24/7reruns... And all we have is the fight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fire Poll: Was the De la Hoya-Mayweather fight as good as the 24/7 show??

yea show was better,

i actually re watched one of the episodes, i haven't re watched the fight at all as there was no exciting moments in it except the last 5 seconds and 2 or 3 De la Hoya Flurries where you thought there was a small chance he might knck out MayW
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fire Poll: Was the De la Hoya-Mayweather fight as good as the 24/7 show??

No. There were no surprising moments in the fight like Poom said. For me Roach and Floyd Sr. were really the main attractions in the show/fight at least for me, and not so much the guys in the ring because of the show.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must admit that whilst watching the fight I really enjoyed it, as it seemed did most people watching it live here on the rbr.

We wern't sure what way it was going to go right up until the judges decision was announced and Oscar certainly troubled Floyd at least early on in the fight.

I think at the time most of us enjoyed watching it, but that retrospectively people have downgraded it below the level it actually was.

It was a tactical but close, fast paced and highly competitive matchup imo.

I enjoyed it. I'd rather see Floyd take on somebody other than Oscar if/when he does come back but it was still a good fight imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted, NO!

I enjoyed the fight, but not as much as I enjoyed the "building up to."

I'm not sure another 24/7 would have the same aura as the original. Depends on who they follow around I suppose. Still, Mayweather and De La Hoya are polar opposites where personality is concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I must admit that whilst watching the fight I really enjoyed it, as it seemed did most people watching it live here on the rbr.

We wern't sure what way it was going to go right up until the judges decision was announced and Oscar certainly troubled Floyd at least early on in the fight.

I think at the time most of us enjoyed watching it, but that retrospectively people have downgraded it below the level it actually was.

It was a tactical but close, fast paced and highly competitive matchup imo.

I enjoyed it. I'd rather see Floyd take on somebody other than Oscar if/when he does come back but it was still a good fight imo.
    I completly agree with your statement... thats the weird thing.. i didnt think the fight was all that bad.. it was a close fight, between two of the best of our time...

but it just hit me this morning that i liked the show better...
    and i wondered what other people thought...

24/7, i think, revolutionized the way big fights will be promoted from now on... i think they should do it for every major fight and it looks like they will...

it will help novices understand boxing preparation and i think the show could do wonders for the fan-fighter relationship.. as the fans really get to know not just 3 or 4 fighters behind the scenes but all the major fighters up to 16 to 20 fighters could be featured yearly..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i liked both to be honest. the show was great.

the fight wasn't great but i was pumped the whole time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the show waas way better than the fight

also the show put alot of hype to the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire
    I know it seems kinda stupid to say the show is better than a boxing match... But truthfully I have more memories about the boxers from the show...

And although Mayweather gave his critics plenty of more amunition about personality flaws, i think the show made me warm up to him a bit...

I was just thinking about it and strangely enough I think i liked the show more than the match.. What do you all think??

I was thinking about it cause i was wanting to see some 24/7reruns... And all we have is the fight...
    No...it's not a stupid question...no more than it is an argueable point.

I honestly was satisfied & thought that the fight was as good as the show...& I really REALLY dug 24/7.

Seeing them up close & personal on the show & then seeing them enter the ring (up close & ringside) was really the capper for me! Honestly...I'll find it hard to find another life moment that scores as heigh as that night in Vegas.

Hell of a show.

Good post.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

I honestly was satisfied & thought that the fight was as good as the show...& I really REALLY dug 24/7.

Seeing them up close & personal on the show & then seeing them enter the ring (up close & ringside) was really the capper for me! Honestly...I'll find it hard to find another life moment that scores as heigh as that night in Vegas.

Hell of a show.

Good post.
    \

Thanks wacko... since you was there do you think hatton-mayweather at wembely would have the same atmosphere as the DLH-PBF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The show was much better and I think very necessary. The show duped you into believing this was actually going to be a bar room brawl between two guys most known for moving and throwing jabs. They had the rocky-esque background music with De La Hoya telling Mayweather to "Come to Me!!!" and Mayweather promising "a F&*@ing massacre," and yet none of that was done in the ring. Instead we got to see to boxers go toe to toe in a game of "Dance Dance Revolution."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell of a show.

Good post.
    \

Thanks wacko... since you was there do you think hatton-mayweather at wembely would have the same atmosphere as the DLH-PBF
    Not sure, babe.

I can tell you this though...I was really REALLY disgusted with the crowd. Lots of ratial bias coming from the end that I would have least expected it...& that was before Floyd came in wearing "the big hat".

I would imagine that the Hatton event would be louder...don't that joint hold more people?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell of a show.

Good post.
    \

Not sure, babe.

I can tell you this though...I was really REALLY disgusted with the crowd. Lots of ratial bias coming from the end that I would have least expected it...& that was before Floyd came in wearing "the big hat".

I would imagine that the Hatton event would be louder...don't that joint hold more people?
    well mexicans bood the american pagent winner in the world pagent in mexico city... thats why it kind of caught me off guard when people made a big deal about the british crowd was booing the mexican anthem.... when america beat mexico in soccer in the world cup mexicans went to our border and beat americans up getting in or out of the country... the crowd wouldnt have surpised me at all at the mayweather fight...

it will be just as bad if not worse at wimbely...

i think it holds 20-to 30,000 but i'm sure they would find a way to get the most people in there that wimbley has ever had...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted no also. The build up was so huge for this fight and all the smack talking back and forth during the show gave me unrealistic expectations about the fight. My gut was saying calm down the fight will come and go and be interesting, but far from classic. However, the show had me thinking SRL/Hearns, blood, guts, COMBINED with superior technical skill. I enjoyed the fight it's just not something I anticipate talking to my kids about 15-20 years from now.
    I know everything about nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell to the yes. The editing, pacing,...... brilliant. Even the music.

Great writing and directing.

Thread Information