Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C.Eubank on how he wuld beat Mike Mccallum

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: C.Eubank on how he wuld beat Mike Mccallum

I disagree with you VD Eubank may not have been best boxer but he was so incredibily tough its unbelievable Nigel Benn who is one of the hardest hitting Middleweights ever behind Jackson and Gerald and Benn couldn't even budge Eubank and Benn threw everything but kitchen sink at Eubank to the body and head McCallum would of won a decision but no way he is stopping Eubank let alone in 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Eubank's would of got blown out by Mccallum in 3 rounds.
    Yes Eubank was renowned for getting blown away in quick fashion
    Mccallum was on another level than anybody Eubanks faced.
    Why didnt Mccallum not stop Collins or Herol Graham? I tell you right now i would of give you 1000/1 Mccallum knocking Eubank out in 3 rounds and you know he wouldn't but then again you have a huge chip on your shoulder.

I love them words Blown away lmao.

If I remember correctly Mccallum was never suppose to stop Julian Jackson or Donald Curry either. Mccallum was underrated when he fought. And he's underrated as a retired fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if NIGEL BENN didn't blow out EUBANK in 3 rounds, id wish MCCALLUM good luck, lol

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by petem
    if NIGEL BENN didn't blow out EUBANK in 3 rounds, id wish MCCALLUM good luck, lol
    Come on. Nigel Benn was not in Mccallum's league. Mccallum was twice the fighter Benn was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love that "cast-iron constitution" quote!

Guys a fucking ledge http://www.myspace.com/theofficialchriseubank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for Eubank against McCallum, McCallum IMO accepted defeat in a way when he said "The way to beat Eubanks is to jump on him and not let him up for air," - McCallum was not a natural pressure fighter, and would have been playing into Eubank's hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for blowing Eubank out of the ring or whatever, is this some kind of joke? Chris F****** Eubank? Mike McCallum?? Mike was a slow starter, he wasn't blowing anyone out of the ring. If Eubank was ever getting blown out of the ring (Eubank?? Come on), Nige would have done it! Eubank would have made McCallum look silly a few rounds, any way you slice it, just like he did everyone else. You're talking a guy who looked F****** Odd in the ring, and must have been even Odder to fight against Would have taken anyone a few rounds to get to grips with the f*****.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by petem
    copied and pasted from another board::

"Oh, he'll beat me if I stand in front of him, because he's a quality puncher and quality boxer. But I won't stand in front of him. I've got dimensions.

"I've studied him - he only counters to the body. So I won't lay in-close and I'll punch from range.

"If anybody wants to crowd me, 36 minutes is a long, long time for me to land the correct uppercut where they are on the hook.

"Slug me and I've got cast-iron constitution, believe me!

"McCallum, he's at the end of the line, I'm at the start of the line and so that means there's a 76% chance I'll win.

"The key is being 100% certain of that 76% because that's how you maximize your chances. That's what you call conviction. The fight is mine."

- Christopher Livingstone Eubank, April 1990

interesting. was that fight talked of back then ?
    Mike Mcallum would have absolutely fucking slaughtered Eubank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I'm mad, but that just seems mad to me? Mike McCallum Slaughter Eubank? I fail to see how unless Eubank boxes absolutely shit - very difficult to see, that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nium
    Maybe I'm mad, but that just seems mad to me? Mike McCallum Slaughter Eubank? I fail to see how unless Eubank boxes absolutely S*** - very difficult to see, that
    Watson outboxed Eubank and got robbed in the first fight and if the ref had have given him a standing 8 count in the second fight he would probably have won on points. Mcallum slaughtered watson it wasnt even a competitive fight. He would have destroyed eubank in the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In what concerns to Chris having dimensions, Mike was known also as "The Professor" cause he would come from so many different angles and with so many different approaches to his game that some of his stronger, younger opponents would just enjoy the experience like it happened with James Toney twice... I would also like to say that I prefer 1 thousand times a loose muscled, chiseled athlete with great footwork and great variety of weapons to a stiff, tight, very orthodox and predictable fighter, so taking on the McCallum vs Watson, McCallum vs Kalambay, Eubank vs Collins fights as paradigms, no way I can see Chris beating Mike to the punch... Oh, and Chris never had a great defense because his upper-body was so tight, Joe Calzaghe dropped him with one of the very first fluid, loose muscled hooks he threw back in 1997...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE
    Maybe I'm mad, but that just seems mad to me? Mike McCallum Slaughter Eubank? I fail to see how unless Eubank boxes absolutely S*** - very difficult to see, that
    Watson outboxed Eubank and got robbed in the first fight and if the ref had have given him a standing 8 count in the second fight he would probably have won on points. Mcallum slaughtered watson it wasnt even a competitive fight. He would have destroyed eubank in the same way.
    Eubank did an even better job on Watson, for six rounds, than McCallum did (until falling to bits having lost 19lb in four days). Not that it means anything. Stylistically I can't how McCallum Slaughters Eubank, unless Eubank was performing shit.

Watson in the second Eubank fight was absolutely possessed, there's no way an old man in McCallum would have stood up to so many huge flurries and bombs Watson took even in the first 3-4 rounds. It's difficult to see McCallum going crazy and setting that kind of pace too!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE
    Eubank did an even better job on Watson, for six rounds, than McCallum did (until falling to bits having lost 19lb in four days). Not that it means anything. Stylistically I can't how McCallum Slaughters Eubank, unless Eubank was performing S***.

Watson in the second Eubank fight was absolutely possessed, there's no way an old man in McCallum would have stood up to so many huge flurries and bombs Watson took even in the first 3-4 rounds. It's difficult to see McCallum going crazy and setting that kind of pace too!
    You sound just like WWatt he said something similar to that Eubank won first six rounds well he didn't and i had it even after 6 then Watson pretty much outboxed Eubank and should of won a decision and got robbed and in rematch Eubank had plenty of time to train and was getting pounded then got lucky punch out of nowhere.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubanks had an excellent chin but McCallum destroys the body and that was Eubanks weakness. McCallum had an iron chin himself and fought top league fighters. It would not be easy, especially around the time when Eubanks beat Benn and Watson but he would have won. After those hard fights Eubanks was only interested in making as much money as possbile with the lowest risk of opponent which is why he had many awfully boring defences safe in the knowledge that the WBO would not let him loose a decision because he brought them money and prestige.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information