Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who,What & How

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg 14!)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's On!!! Pavlik Vs Taylor(September 29, 2007)Poll

Posted May 20th 2007 8:48AM by Michael David Smith http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...t-must-happen/
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think pavlik will test taylor early just like how he went toe to toe with miranda on the first round.. i say pavlik KO
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if this isn't considered a SMW fight, it may as well be both of their first fights at SMW.. Pavlik sure hits as hard as the best of them.. Winner should be ready to take on anyone in that weight class after this, especially if its Taylor..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Boxing Fan
    Kelly Pavlik is slated to fight Jermain Taylor for the Middleweight
    Championship of the world!
    September 29, 2007. www.teampavlik.com

Youngstown's Vindicator has done a tremendous job of covering Kelly
    Pavlik. Let's write letters to the Canton, Akron, Pittsburgh and
    Cleveland Newspapers so that this great local story is covered every
    step of the way.

Jermain Taylor is a rare and historic champion in that he beat a
    champion (Bernard Hopkins) that collected all 4 of the major world
    titles. Jermain Taylor has not been beaten since. Therefor he is
    considered the undisputed middleweight champion of the world and now
    Kelly Pavlik is scheduled to fight for his crown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7WvDw2882g
    Damn after 9-29-2007 Kelly is going to have some serious bling.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miranda got that loud ass mouth shut, Taylor will get knocked out.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik is a true sleeper. A sleeper is a car like a duster or a nova that looks stock but can turn a 10 second quarter mile. He dosent look strong but yet he is one of the hardest punchers pound for pound currently.I belive he would be one of the top punchers at 168 if he moved up. If not the top in both classes.
    I think he could beat Calzaghe or Kessler. His chin is world class. His punch placement has Dan Marino like accuracy. And his power clearly speaks for its self. And he is one of the classiest boxers out there. I hope he wins for the good people who are fans of this sport.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love the analogy......but pavlik is no longer a sleeper, everyone now knows he's capable of 10's but is he sandbagging and capable of pulling of mid nines if necessary. Taylor and the rest of the world saw him run that number and will now be prepared. But like most of us have come to realize and i agree with you pavlik was as much of a class act as anyone after the miranda fight and i would like to see him win as well i just don't see him doing so. This is it for taylor....last chance in my book. A solid win here can help erase all the bashing he's recieved as of late. I see taylor bringing out his old blown car and maybe even spraying the motor this time he's gonna have to cause a loss which is entirely possible or even another boring win which i don't think pavlik is gonna let happen and i don't see how taylor can get the respect he is looking for. Wow i think i did a teddy atlas and took this shit to far but i think you guys get my point
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think ....

taylor will win by ud .

wouldn't want that to happen though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Love the analogy......but pavlik is no longer a sleeper, everyone now knows he's capable of 10's but is he sandbagging and capable of pulling of mid nines if necessary. Taylor and the rest of the world saw him run that number and will now be prepared. But like most of us have come to realize and i agree with you pavlik was as much of a class act as anyone after the miranda fight and i would like to see him win as well i just don't see him doing so. This is it for taylor....last chance in my book. A solid win here can help erase all the bashing he's recieved as of late. I see taylor bringing out his old blown car and maybe even spraying the motor this time he's gonna have to cause a loss which is entirely possible or even another boring win which i don't think pavlik is gonna let happen and i don't see how taylor can get the respect he is looking for. Wow i think i did a teddy atlas and took this S*** to far but i think you guys get my point
    But Pavlik is all throttle and no bottle. hahaha....another car guy. +1
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314
    Pavlik is a true sleeper. A sleeper is a car like a duster or a nova that looks stock but can turn a 10 second quarter mile. He dosent look strong but yet he is one of the hardest punchers pound for pound currently.I belive he would be one of the top punchers at 168 if he moved up. If not the top in both classes.
    I think he could beat Calzaghe or Kessler. His chin is world class. His punch placement has Dan Marino like accuracy. And his power clearly speaks for its self. And he is one of the classiest boxers out there. I hope he wins for the good people who are fans of this sport.
    Pavlik is a good fighter but your giving him way to much credit for a win over the limited Miranda.

ICB Guest

Pavlik by KO or TKO Taylor has never fought a puncher so it will be interesting see how he reacts to Pavliks power me personaly i don't think Taylor will be able to take Pavliks constant pressure and power and even though i give Taylor credit for his opposition his fights are very boring so if Pavlik wins we can finally bring some excitement back to Middleweight division Plus i would like to add that Taylor has been getting worse imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Love the analogy......but pavlik is no longer a sleeper, everyone now knows he's capable of 10's but is he sandbagging and capable of pulling of mid nines if necessary. Taylor and the rest of the world saw him run that number and will now be prepared. But like most of us have come to realize and i agree with you pavlik was as much of a class act as anyone after the miranda fight and i would like to see him win as well i just don't see him doing so. This is it for taylor....last chance in my book. A solid win here can help erase all the bashing he's recieved as of late. I see taylor bringing out his old blown car and maybe even spraying the motor this time he's gonna have to cause a loss which is entirely possible or even another boring win which i don't think pavlik is gonna let happen and i don't see how taylor can get the respect he is looking for. Wow i think i did a teddy atlas and took this S*** to far but i think you guys get my point
    nice comparison guys.. pavlik will have another trick up his sleeve.. from what i saw with the fight vs miranda pavlik ran all motor.. i think this time he'll use the spray against "flashy" 20 inch rim taylor.. hahaha
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.kocorner.com/boxing/category/Kelly-Pavlik/ Dan Rafael of ESPN is reporting that a bout between Jermain Taylor and Kelly Pavlik is looking very likely for this fall:

Taylor’s promoter, Lou DiBella, and Pavlik’s promoter, Bob Arum, both told ESPN.com that they have hammered out a deal in principle for the fight to take place this fall. HBO’s working date is Sept. 29. Although the promoters are on the same page, DiBella still needs to finalize his own deal with Taylor.

“Bob and I basically have a deal. We have no major terms we are fighting over and I believe it will get done,” DiBella said. “Bob and I have always been able to get things done. But there are discussions I need to have with my side and with HBO, and the HBO things are not related to money. I haven’t fully talked to my fighter or [Taylor adviser] Al Haymon yet, but I know for a fact that Jermain wants the fight and Haymon isn’t opposed to it.”

The promoters were happy that HBO’s offer for the fight of almost $5 million—well above the figure the network is obligated to pay under its exclusive contract with Taylor—was generous enough to keep the fight off pay-per-view. Arum credited HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg with coming up with the money.

Said DiBella: “HBO came with a fair offer and Bob has postured fairly, so the combination of the two things mean there is no reason a deal shouldn’t get done. I just have to talk things through with Jermain, who has been on vacation, and with Al. But we’re looking for a site. I believe it will happen in September and after Jermain wins, he will come back and fight again in December.”
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good thing it's on HBO and not PPV :P
    Hidden Content

Thread Information