Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A concern

Hiya all !

Well my newest concern is this. While my daughter is losing the weight, and she is probably the most polished fighter in the gym, as far as technique goes, she has yet to have an aggressive sparring session or match yet. We have no choice but to put her in with the guys, and we find the guys holding back to the point where she is not getting hit hard at all. I am afraid that this is going to lead to a false confidence, and when she finally does meet that person who is going to hit her for real, I am not sure of what her reaction is going to be. I talked to her about it, and she said that she will get angry and really open up, that she will not be timid, or afraid to meet her opponent, but I am not so sure. reverend Stoudemire seems it is fatherly concern, and that I should let her be, what do you all think?

Thanks guys and Gals, I know I will get sound advice:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A concern

Tricky wicket there
    While you want sparring sessions to be under control(you dont want your fighter getting hurt)if youve got her sparring with guys,and they arent going to spar with her like another guy,whats the point?
    Id yip at her partners to pick it the heck up
    That being said,all that happens when you clip Feur with a good one,is she gets mad at you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've known trainers to get in there themselves and work their fighters. my trainer beat my ass viciously just to prove the point that i couldnt get away with the same things against everyone. rude awakening, getting smacked around by a world class fighter. depending on what kind of shape you are in yourself, thats always an option.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shes learning movement, situations and mobility. There will come a time when by accident or design when it will occure stop worrying youre a lucky man, Enjoy Im sure Her pscyhcodinamics will see her through.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mind being hit as hard as I can hit in sparring. However, sparring bigger guys i don't feel them hitting me with what is a decent punch for them helps much.

When I compete I know from the bruising and the blood I was hit harder or more than in training but because of the adrenalin I don't feel it at all.

I do like to feel natural movement and rythm when I spar though - it takes the better guys to hold the power without being patronizing or letting me get away with having my guard open. Takes a lot of control and patience from them poor guys.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hiya all !!

Hey Sharla, that makes perfect sense. I wanted to tell you all though that our resident pro/trainer really has taken a liking to my daughter, mostly because of her determintation and commitment to the sport, so he has been working real well with her during sparring. He has started to hit harder now, and I had to chuckle when he hit her with a body shot, then came back with a nice jab to her nose, my goodness her reaction was not what I thought it was going to be !!! She let loose with a right hook to the ribs, came back with a left hook to the head and ended with a straight right, I LMAO !! So did her stablemates, lol. So now we know what will really get her to open up, being hit, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All good You're probably going to start worrying because she likes it too much soon Seriously though you must be very proud - you'll have to keep us posted with how she goes
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Thread Information