Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: who do you think won this fight.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SRL Hagler (i know i know)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SRL Hagler (i know i know)

Hagler clearly won the fight. All Leonard did was run and try to win the last 30 seconds of each round. It was a smoke and mirror job and the judges fell for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Hagler clearly won the fight. All Leonard did was run and try to win the last 30 seconds of each round. It was a smoke and mirror job and the judges fell for it.
    thats bull shit man. leonard clearly won 115-113.
    hagler gave the first 4 rd away to SRL and that haglers fault. if hagler took it more serious in the beginning....hagler would have won,but he didnt.
    and it was great win for SRL who was stepping way up in wieght class and a 3-4 yr lay off!

sugar ray all the way baby
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the big turns in that fight I'll state another point. Hagler in that fight, fought to "defend" his title and Hagler was always known for fighting as if he was taking his title back. But in this fight for the first time in a very very long time maybe even the first time he fought to defend his title instead of take it back and it cost him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    yeah i know SRL did flurry at the end of some rounds but most times he was already winning the round. the flurry at the last 30 seconds would only seal deal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought leonard won on ringmanship. he was able to control the pace of the fight, forcing hagler to fight on his terms. his defense was extraordinary, making hagler miss by wide margins at times, sometimes while he was standing right in front of him.

offensively, he landed in brilliant flurries that always bought the crowd to their feet. while it is true that he never hurt hagler, the reverse is almost as true. leonard never went down (obviously), was never wobbled, and was subjected to only one prolonged attack (round 9)...one that he punched his way out of, backing hagler up while continuing to flurry in the middle of the ring.

hagler simply did not connect with enough hard punches to overcome Leonard's flurries, defense, and ringmanship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

round 9 was a good round for both fighters IMO. at first i had it a draw but went back and gave it to two hagler.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Manju
    i thought leonard won on ringmanship. he was able to control the pace of the fight, forcing hagler to fight on his terms. his defense was extraordinary, making hagler miss by wide margins at times, sometimes while he was standing right in front of him.

offensively, he landed in brilliant flurries that always bought the crowd to their feet. while it is true that he never hurt hagler, the reverse is almost as true. leonard never went down (obviously), was never wobbled, and was subjected to only one prolonged attack (round 9)...one that he punched his way out of, backing hagler up while continuing to flurry in the middle of the ring.

hagler simply did not connect with enough hard punches to overcome Leonard's flurries, defense, and ringmanship.
    Totally agree couldn't of said it better myself

Thread Information