Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oscar trying to sabotage Floyd's plans with Hatton???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar trying to sabotage Floyd's plans with Hatton???

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    If they did Floyd Hatton in Wembley in England you would have to think that the second biggest live gate would be created. The first being the 120,557 that attended the first Dempsey v Tunney heavy weight title fight
    Chavez-Haugen drew 132,000 at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If they did Floyd Hatton in Wembley in England you would have to think that the second biggest live gate would be created. The first being the 120,557 that attended the first Dempsey v Tunney heavy weight title fight

Hatton has fans in droves, Floyd does not, the live gates are where the money is still to be made, especially when you can gather a crowd like Hatton does

The only other way of making a bigger fight would be to regenerate Tyson, not only would there be a huge gate the whole world would want to see on tv

Floyd just doesnt generate any excitment to get viewers paying ppv
    Floyd has had one un exciting fight and that was Baldo. The rest ESPECIALLY those at the lower weights are exciting. And the chances of Floyd Hatton happening at Wembley are slim to none. Mayweather is a much bigger name stateside than Hatton.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then why couldnt Floyd draw as many fans?

Shiit man, that is a fuucking huge crowd!!!! for Chavez but still, Pernell was around and you have to say there fighting styles have paralells with Floyd and Hattonns and Pernell never had that many at his shows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well, how nice, hes being an asshole, i personally dont think itll be a good fight for hatton, yes he can make ton of money, but hes style wont be very practical at that weight, delahoya is to big for him, floyd-hatton is the best fight out for hatton, because he has nothin to lose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beating up on someone more than one weight class below yourself wow. Oscar always tried to fight the best in the past but he is really pushing it this time if he is serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    well, how nice, hes being an asshole,
    hey have you forgotten it was Oscar who rang Hatton first!? directly after the Castillo win to congratulate him and said he would be interested in fighting at Wembley.

Hatton will be competitive against anyone because of his style, he has fast hands/feet, smothers punches and doesn't care where he hits you

He has nothing to lose against either opponent just lots of $$$ to gain. I'd fight Oscar first he is slower, less stamina and his longer arms play as a disadvantage against an opponent that sits on your chest.

If Hatton gets cleaned up by Mayweather he will miss out on approx $10mil for an Oscar fight. If he loses to Oscar, Floyd will still want the fight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sorry this fight shouldn't happen don't really see it even being competitive, DLH would murder Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo
    Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    well, how nice, hes being an asshole,
    hey have you forgotten it was Oscar who rang Hatton first!? directly after the Castillo win to congratulate him and said he would be interested in fighting at Wembley.

Hatton will be competitive against anyone because of his style, he has fast hands/feet, smothers punches and doesn't care where he hits you

He has nothing to lose against either opponent just lots of $$$ to gain. I'd fight Oscar first he is slower, less stamina and his longer arms play as a disadvantage against an opponent that sits on your chest.

If Hatton gets cleaned up by Mayweather he will miss out on approx $10mil for an Oscar fight. If he loses to Oscar, Floyd will still want the fight.

first off i think ou wrong floyd wont fight hatton if oscar beats him, and i jus got an idea , delahoya hatton should fight each other and winner fights floyd ....... wat u guys think? no nvm flod should jus fight hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    oh god.. another fight involving Oscar no one asked for

speak for yourselves
    i always like seeing a fight that contains one of the best boxers ive had the privilege of watching (oscar) against a guy like hatton, in possibly Wembley?... Oh yea, i would love to see that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hatton cant do 154lbs... maybe they can make weight like the winky-bhop fight at a in-between weight... maybe 150 which i still think is to big for hatton and is perfect for DLH...

being a fan of both fighters i really dont care for this to happen...

i think DLH should try to make a fight with PBF, Cotto, or Margo, any other fights are pretty meaningless for his legacy...

hatton has plenty of other options other than DLH..hatton could unify or PBF.. cotto down the road...the $$$ will be there in the long term hatton doesnt need DLH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only other way of making a bigger fight would be to regenerate Tyson, not only would there be a huge gate the whole world would want to see on tv
    World? really? are you sure .... ...... or whole Britain?... or Manchester? heheh no jk, cc man.

or Saddos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by global
    Beating up on someone more than one weight class below yourself wow. Oscar always tried to fight the best in the past but he is really pushing it this time if he is serious.
    Let's not forget ODH turned pro as a small LW (under 135lbs). Hatton as a JR WW (140lbs). Hatton was actually the bigger man at the start of there careers. If the right people would want this fight made then it will be made.

Hatton vs PBF. Hatton vs ODH. IMO either option is good for boxing.

Nobody complained when ODH fouht B Hop (pro debut 177lbs), or RJJ (pro debut 157lbs) fought Ruiz (prolly suprising but pro debut 184lbs. Was va HW that same year). The weight factor is not a big obstacle in this fight if they really want this fight to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by silent assassin
    Let's not forget ODH turned pro as a small LW (under 135lbs). Hatton as a JR WW (140lbs). Hatton was actually the bigger man at the start of there careers. If the right people would want this fight made then it will be made.

Nobody complained when ODH fouht B Hop, or RJJ fought Ruiz. The weightfactor is not a big obstacle in this fight if they really want this fight to happen.

Cool Click. Thats an interesting perspective and a good analogy. Good posting brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Nobody complained when ODH fouht B Hop, or RJJ fought Ruiz. The weightfactor is not a big obstacle in this fight if they really want this fight to happen.

Cool Click. Thats an interesting perspective and a good analogy. Good posting brother.
    Thanx bro. I have been around this business for some time now & have been involved in & seen alot. I do not do the forum thing per say, but I truly enjoy Saddo's forum. I also do not share the things that I have picked up over the years with my blood, sweat ,& tears but I do not mind swapping posts, sharing my opinion, or helping people with advive on this site in any way that I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Thanx bro. I have been around this business for some time now & have been involved in & seen alot. I do not do the forum thing per say, but I truly enjoy Saddo's forum. I also do not share the things that I have picked up over the years with my blood, sweat ,& tears but I do not mind swapping posts, sharing my opinion, or helping people with advive on this site in any way that I can,

Worked with any well known boxers??

Thread Information