Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone Else notice a little bit of Lennox Lewis in Wlad Last Night?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did anyone Else notice a little bit of Lennox Lewis in Wlad Last Night?

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    Quote Originally Posted by Punching Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    I don't know if anyone noticed certain things Wlad did last night that were almost right out of Lennox Lewis text book (Or Manny Steward depends on how you look at it).

The jab- At times Wlad would keep it out there a little too long like Lennox did when getting ready to deliver the big shot.

On the inside- Wlad would push down on Brewster just like Lewis used to do on his opponents. to the point Brewster had to go on a knee.

I am not saying it is an exact copy but I see the simularities on certain things even footwork. Lennox used to take that two step back and bounce up and down a couple of times before he ste again so he was ready to unload the second the ref stepped out of the way during breaks. Wlad also did that a few times. in the fight.

These are all things that Wlad is slowly adding to his style.

Maybe it is just me??
    big guy weak chin style. Jab jab jab and then counter with the right when the guy takes a chance to punch. It is a good strategy to win. Lennox was a better fighter than Vlad.. Alot better. comparing them is something HBO is doing. But Lennox was better.

Would never imply that Wlad is as good as Lennox. He has a long way to go before that can be done and needs to beat some more A quality fighters. Lamon Brewster, Calvin Brock and such do not equal Lennox accomplishments. Just noticing some slight simularities is all. Lewis did not peak until he was about 33 or 34 so Wlad has time

Isn't it possible for a fighter to be as good as another even thought he has faced a different kind of opponent?I mean he will never be able to face the same guys that Lewis did unless he went back in time but against the common opponents he has faired better than Lewis did against Mercer(Wlad TKO in 6 and Lewis MD in 10) and Phil Jackson(Wlad KO in 2 Lewis KO in I know you will say they were both older but still he did stop them a lot sooner and more convincingly.Also Wladimir is still improving and is only 31.Lewis only had 30 fights by the time he was 31 Wladimir has 52!
    Well of course we will say that Jackson and Mercer were way past there prime and i mean way way past there prime Wlad isn't as good as Lewis skill wise or in accomplishments so far.
    Do you think he will ever have the acomplishments in your book to equal Lewis?What does he need to do?I think Wladimir's jab is better than Lennox's jab because he throws them in combinations of 4 or 5 which Lewis rarely ever did.Wladimir also puts a lot of power behind it as well.With Stewart behind him he has become more fluid and is using a variety of punches from different angles so he is showing he has a lot more potential.As far as Mercer being past his prime, he did go on to win his next 4 fights 3 by KO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did anyone Else notice a little bit of Lennox Lewis in Wlad Last Night?

Lennox Lewis' "specialness" has taken a bit of a hit...
    only 5 years away from his retirement there is a heavyweight who fights kinda like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Lennox Lewis' "specialness" has taken a bit of a hit...
    only 5 years away from his retirement there is a heavyweight who fights kinda like him.

Don't take me too seriously here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    I don't know if anyone noticed certain things Wlad did last night that were almost right out of Lennox Lewis text book (Or Manny Steward depends on how you look at it).

The jab- At times Wlad would keep it out there a little too long like Lennox did when getting ready to deliver the big shot.

On the inside- Wlad would push down on Brewster just like Lewis used to do on his opponents. to the point Brewster had to go on a knee.

I am not saying it is an exact copy but I see the simularities on certain things even footwork. Lennox used to take that two step back and bounce up and down a couple of times before he ste again so he was ready to unload the second the ref stepped out of the way during breaks. Wlad also did that a few times. in the fight.

These are all things that Wlad is slowly adding to his style.

Maybe it is just me??
    big guy weak chin style. Jab jab jab and then counter with the right when the guy takes a chance to punch. It is a good strategy to win. Lennox was a better fighter than Vlad.. Alot better. comparing them is something HBO is doing. But Lennox was better.

Would never imply that Wlad is as good as Lennox. He has a long way to go before that can be done and needs to beat some more A quality fighters. Lamon Brewster, Calvin Brock and such do not equal Lennox accomplishments. Just noticing some slight simularities is all. Lewis did not peak until he was about 33 or 34 so Wlad has time

Isn't it possible for a fighter to be as good as another even thought he has faced a different kind of opponent?I mean he will never be able to face the same guys that Lewis did unless he went back in time but against the common opponents he has faired better than Lewis did against Mercer(Wlad TKO in 6 and Lewis MD in 10) and Phil Jackson(Wlad KO in 2 Lewis KO in I know you will say they were both older but still he did stop them a lot sooner and more convincingly.Also Wladimir is still improving and is only 31.Lewis only had 30 fights by the time he was 31 Wladimir has 52!

Im sorry but if a prime Lewis was fighting right now and he and Wlad met Lewis would KO Wlad. Wlad does not yet have the ring savvy Lewis did. I am not going to get into a bunch of examples on it. If you watch boxing and are knowledgable you would understand what I mean by that.

Also Lennox Lewis ruled the heavyweight division for years!!!! He was THE heavyweight champion. There were no questions in anyones mind about that. Right now Wlad is the best of the crop of current title holders but still is not yet considered THE heavyweight champion?

Why is that?

Why are you trying to turn this into a thread about Wlad being as good as Lennox and what does he have to do the be considered as good. Almost as if Wlad was PBF and his greatness is being overlooked.

As for Wlads jab NO it is not as good as Lennox. Lennox threw his jab with the type of authority that put his opponent in their place. Wlad has a good hard jab but he does not throw it easily as Lewis threw his. Wlad at times look's like he is actually concentrating on working his jab. Lewis just let his fly.

Wlad IMO will still have trouble with guys that come right at him. Guys who bring the fight in his face. He is not comfortable on the defensive yet and can not fight on the defensive. He has not had an opponent to test that

Since his last loss he fought. DaVarryl Williamson,, Elisio Castillo, Sam Peter, Chris Byrd, Calvn Brock, Ray Austin and Brewster again ,

Peter is green still but dropped Wlad 3 times. Willoiamson and Castillo are not world class. Brock was out gunned as was Byrd who is the best boxer Wlad faced.

Lewis has Golota, Briggs, Vitaly, Rahman, Tua, Tyson, Morrison, Tucker, Bruno, Ruddock, McCall, Akinwande, Botha, all in thier prime with the exception of Tyson on his resume. Merecr was 11 years ago and he was in his mid 30's when they fought.

This thread had nothing to do with id Wlad as good as Lewis. Just that I seen some simular things in him. Most of it due to Manny training him. Wlad will have his day assuming he does not get beaten again by an under dog.

As of right now he is not the level Lewis was. Sorry

Thread Information