Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hating And Appreciating All In The Same Thread(Wladimir Klitschko)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hating And Appreciating All In The Same Thread(Wladimir Klitschko)

APPRECIATION

Congrats Big guy you have earned my respect and avenged the biggest blemish on your career despite a broken finger that requires an arm cast. you certainly proved me wrong you have made great strides mentally and Technically and are undoubtedly the king pin at Heavy for Now, depending how Sam Peter has improved and your brothers comeback go's....

HATING

Although you are the best Heavy and regained your legitamacy.. I still cant embrace you as a fan, I cant even think of you with the likes of Louis, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes,Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis . There is something missing about you, I think its your tentativeness and propensity to not hold your ground and clinch at the 1st sign a fighter comes alive. you appear to be a bundle of nerves and lack the killer instinct in the ring and I think you have a soft ticker and I dont think of that when I think of a good-great Heavyweight. I feel you are not even 1/2 of the warrior as  your prodessors were and that is sad for the tradition rich Heavyweight division 

Last nite was one of the boringest Heavyweight Fights I have ever seen, Brewster didnt want to fight and lacked heart and interest, you could have demolished him easily but where content on just jabbing, jabbing, jabbing, jabbing, pawing, pawing, jab.  it works for you and thats good I guess, but dosent motivate me to get anymore interested in the Heavyweight division

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hating And Appreciating All In The Same Thread(Wladimir Klitschko)

I think even the haters recognize Wlad's no1 but this part of your post sums it up for me "I still cant embrace you as a fan"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc JT

He's atleast in the top 3 of current heavies, but i just can't be a fan of his (unless of course he's fight byrd as i root for anyone who's fighting byrd). You can call me a hater (which someone here will do regardless of what i say) but it just doesn't seem right to me for him to be next in line for the Undisputed heavyweight crown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    cc JT

He's atleast in the top 3 of current heavies, but i just can't be a fan of his (unless of course he's fight byrd as i root for anyone who's fighting byrd). You can call me a hater (which someone here will do regardless of what i say) but it just doesn't seem right to me for him to be next in line for the Undisputed heavyweight crown.
    Thanks #183.... He is winning and thats all that counts. I just cant embrace him, I think he is just soft and lacks the untangibles that historically marks a great Heavyweight i

ICB Guest

Wladimir is good fighter well done for avenging that loss i haven't watched the fight yet but from what i heard Brewster didn't come to fight and was punchbag Wladimir will always be good fighter in my book with good skills but imo lucky he isn't in stronger era like the 90s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he'll fade away..because Vitaly is coming back this nov..and he's the real champion...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never really liked him but he's clearly the best out there to me

I don't like his style, in fact I can't think of any of Emmanuel Steward's recent fighters styles that I like, but it works for him. Makes him tough to beat considering he's such a good athlete. He's not an infighter but holding is allowed in boxing, whether it should be or not (Shouldn't IMO). Its not by any means just him that holds to cover up a lack of infighting skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

since this is a thread filled with unbelievers go to wlad the impalor thread and dispute some of my points their...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire
    since this is a thread filled with unbelievers go to wlad the impalor thread and dispute some of my points their...
    you're getting a bit annoying with this.

"unbelievers" I just said he was the best out there. JTRock said he was the kingpin of the division, nobody's saying he's a bad fighter.

We don't have to like the guy. You're a big fan, good for you.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

"unbelievers" I just said he was the best out there. JTRock said he was the kingpin of the division, nobody's saying he's a bad fighter.

I totally agree with you Oumafan we have all said he is best in this era but doesn't mean we have to think he would beat anyone from any era.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I totally agree with you Oumafan we have all said he is best in this era but doesn't mean we have to think he would beat anyone from any era.
    Its a bit odd, all yesterday before the fight the guy was taking it so personally if you didn't like Wlad, like it was offensive or something. I could understand maybe if we were totally disrespecting him, acting like he was a bum but at least 95 percent of people on this board assume he's the best guy out there, and not all of those people like Wlad. Its like a campaign to convert "non-believers" or something, I could care less if people dislike the fighters I like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why I gave him his due, I just dont like him and his style. Wlad is not what I admire and root for in a Heavyweight champion.. I appreciate and respect that you are a zealou fan of his and its cool with me, but theres nothing your opinions will do to sway my feelings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a bit odd, all yesterday before the fight the guy was taking it so personally if you didn't like Wlad, like it was offensive or something. I could understand maybe if we were totally disrespecting him, acting like he was a bum but at least 95 percent of people on this board assume he's the best guy out there, and not all of those people like Wlad. Its like a campaign to convert "non-believers" or something, I could care less if people dislike the fighters I like.
    ok you dont agree with my method or wording of defending my thoughts about a topic but dont go all this stupid personal attacks against me saying "champaign to convert nonbelivers" and Fire takes it so "personally".................. talk to me about boxing not your opinion of how i express my opinions... this is a boxing debating forum not why does fire defend klitchko so much.... fire must be taking it "personally"... you dont no anything about me bro.... so talk about boxing

jt rock: what was tenative about klitchko last night...
    lacks a killer instinct

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok you dont agree with my method or wording of defending my thoughts about a topic but dont go all this stupid personal attacks against me saying "champaign to convert nonbelivers" and Fire takes it so "personally".................. talk to me about boxing not your opinion of how i express my opinions... this is a boxing debating forum not why does fire defend klitchko so much.... fire must be taking it "personally"... you dont no anything about me bro.... so talk about boxing

Saying you take it too personally is a "stupid personal attack?" I don't know man, you seem to get real upset if anybody says anything negative about Wlad.

Why the constant talk about how were all haters and unbelievers. Is that really talking about boxing. I don't like the guy that much, if that makes me a hater so be it. But I'm not an "unbeliever", I just said I thought he was clearly the best in the division. He is clearly the best in the division. I don't see how anybody could think otherwise, but doesn't mean I enjoy watching him fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jt rock: what was tenative about klitchko last night...
    lacks a killer instinct
    it was apparent early on that Brewster wasnt gonna make a fight out of it, Wlad was jabbing his balls of, he could have opened up a bit offensevly putting more combos together, seeing Brewster wasnt gonna make him pay for the openings he would leave.

Thread Information