Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who's ur pick?------- How?--------Why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: B-Hop vs Winky.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: B-Hop vs Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    was it a good fight then? im in south africa so there is no way i can watch it
    It wasnt a barnburner, but IMO it was a very interesting fight because of who the fighters were and the variables at play.

I watched it first thing this morning so wouldnt mind watching it again.

You are in South Africa?!
    CC Miles. Im glad Bhop got it and from reading it, it sounded close!

yer i am in south africa on a hockey tour ( grass hockey ) and we have another 5 matches to go. won 2 drew 2 and our record for the season won 14 lost 1 drew 2. We beat one of the best schools in south africa and im the keeper and got man of the match One of the best games of my life it was...
    CC right back fella

Im glad B Hop got it too. I was nervous beforehand because we all know how fighters can age in a fight. But he looked just fine. It was close but he won it by a couple of rounds. Perhaps more depending on how biased you are.

Sounds like you are having a ball out there. Enjoy!!
    I wonder were he will go after this? Did he say much after the fight?

yer its good here but its thier winter but its still a lot warmer then England

Egypt next month though should be the good one

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well...that was a tough fight to swallow. Winky is my favorite fighter in boxing, along with Jeff Lacy, and I still think that he is one of the best fighters in the world.

I didn't comment much on this fight, I kind of figured Hopkins would be to tricky for Wright to have a lot of success on the offensive, and just hoped that workrate alone would get him by but Bernard was something else in the workrate department.

Still don't like the hitting and holding, and his roughhouse stuff clearly bothered Wright but he won the fight 7 rounds to 5 and was the better man down the stretch. Fair play Bernard, much respect to him he is truly one of the greatest fighters of all time. Don't see how he can be seen as anything other then this generation's best. He really earned it last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't been on since Friday morning. It's been a big weekend. Just got back in from out of town biz with some of my friends/teammates. Thanx B-Hop, picked me up a quick $230 on the fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the scoring was crazy. I had Wright winning by a round going into the 12th which I gave to B-Hop, so I seriously thought it was a draw. The scoring made Winky look bad, which he clearly wasn't. Even B-Hop thought the scoring was poor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, I just started to watch the fight, and I'm 5 seconds into it, and I'm already mad.
    As Winky does his ringwalk, Jim Lampley mentions that Winky's had something like 12 straight fights without a knockout.
    Then he says, "I can't ever remember a great fighter who relied more on the scorecards."
    Has Lampley suffered amnesia? I mean, Pernell Whitaker fought on HBO more than 20 times, which for a while was a record, and Lampley sat ringside and worked everyone of those fights. And Pernell had a lower KO% than Winky.

Little things like this drive me nuts.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Ok, I just started to watch the fight, and I'm 5 seconds into it, and I'm already mad.
    As Winky does his ringwalk, Jim Lampley mentions that Winky's had something like 12 straight fights without a knockout.
    Then he says, "I can't ever remember a great fighter who relied more on the scorecards."
    Has Lampley suffered amnesia? I mean, Pernell Whitaker fought on HBO more than 20 times, which for a while was a record, and Lampley sat ringside and worked everyone of those fights. And Pernell had a lower KO% than Winky.

Little things like this drive me nuts.
    I can't stand Lampley (his personal issues aside, which are also pretty bad), its been mentioned before but I am so goddamn sick of the way he calls fights, he misses much of the action and often gets who's landing the punches wrong... I had no real issues with him before the Taylor - Wright fight, but after that I've been off of the Jim Lampley bandwagon. Oddly enough, in that same time period I've grown to like and appreciate Larry Merchant, who I used to despise...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Taylor - Wright fight was the first fight to actually get me mad at the commentators. That was a bit of an underhanded jab at Winky but good call on Whitaker, I didn't even think of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    The Taylor - Wright fight was the first fight to actually get me mad at the commentators. That was a bit of an underhanded jab at Winky but good call on Whitaker, I didn't even think of him.
    What was also kind of weird is that Kellerman didn't even correct Lampley, and Kellerman might be the biggest Whitaker fan in the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'vr gone off Lampley big time over the last few months. He spends way way too much time talking about nonsense when he should be calling the fight,at times missing key parts of the action such as punches being landed.A perfect example was whilst he was mumbling away about Linares and Larios height(his points were way off on that too), there was some good action going on. I've noticed this in lots of fights and am officially anti-Lampley now. I have always like Merchant and always will. I used to REALLY dislike Kellerman and he has made lots of mistakes in the past but he seems slightly quieter now which is a good thing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lampley's a good announcer in that he makes it seem easy, he's talented, but he still sucks, way too biased.

Thread Information