0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd maywether vs. sugar ray leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Mayweather on points
    Hahahahahah I hope that was a joke. Sugar Ray Leonard is bigger, stronger and better at everything Mayweather is good at, and has faster hands even, how in the sam-hell is Floyd supposed to win?

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes SRL would win on points lets not get carried away here Mayweather is not a natural welter , hes brilliant dont get me wrong , but Leonard -Hearns etc just to much for floyd at welter.
    Anyway to be contraversial i think Pernell Whitaker would beat both Leonard and Mayweather at welter
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    Yes SRL would win on points lets not get carried away here Mayweather is not a natural welter , hes brilliant dont get me wrong , but Leonard -Hearns etc just to much for floyd at welter.
    Anyway to be contraversial i think Pernell Whitaker would beat both Leonard and Mayweather at welter
    He beats Mayweather wherveer, but Pernell was best as a LW, he was undersized and not as good at WW. Just as good a boxer and more experienced, but he didn't have the reflexes or speed he had at LW, and that would be a problem against someone like Leonard, who was not only bigger and more poweful, but quicker at WW as well. I would take Leonard by close decision, but Pea would make it close. At LW I pick noone over Pernell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ray already won by TKO against Floyd Mayweather.

Now against Floyd Mayweather Jr, that may be different

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Mayweather on points
    Hahahahahah I hope that was a joke. Sugar Ray Leonard is bigger, stronger and better at everything Mayweather is good at, and has faster hands even, how in the sam-hell is Floyd supposed to win?
    Um you thought Pernell Whitaker was as fast as Mayweather so you are a bad judge of speed. Also Leonard doesn't have better defense than Mayweather.
    This is how it is broken down
    Size:Leonard
    power:Leonard
    speed:equal
    combinations:Leonard
    sharp punches: Mayweather
    defense:Mayweather
    footwork: They use different footwork. Leonard used a lot of it, and IMO used it effectively if not a bit excessively. Mayweather uses less, but he does that so he gets better leverage on his punches.
    stamina: Probably Mayweather, but both never had any problems with stamina(Leonard didn't until past his prime) so this isn't a factor
    Heart: Leonard, but Mayweather has more than enough of this
    chin: Leonard until proven otherwise.
    mental focus: Mayweather, nobody is as sharp or focused as him in there and this attribute I think rates as highly or higher than anything else.

thought Leonard is obviously the physically superior man I still believe that if you see him against Benitez(a lesser version of Mayweather) that he has troubles against defensive fighters technically. I think because Mayweather can match Leonard's speed where Benitez couldn't gives Leonard a whole heap of problems he didn't have against Benitez. Also I think Mayweather comes forward like he did against Zab Judah so that Leonard has to counter which benefits MAyweather more than if Leonard were to lead. Its a close fight, and I think Mayweather wins a close one on points if he can keep Leonard off him. If he can't he possibly gets ko'ed or goes too defense and loses a close fight because though he would land a far higher %, Leonard bringing the pressure would do him in.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leonard 2nd greatest welter ever behind SRR. Naturally bigger and better than Mayweather but pound for pound it would be a pick em. Pernell one of the greatest Lightweights ever but he would not have beaten in his prime Trinidad at welterweight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Ray Leonard would win he could flurry with Floyd AND he wasn't afraid to mix it up either.

Tommy Hearns and Roberto Duran would have handled PBF too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ray Leonard beats Floyd Mayweather hands down. Leonard is just as fast just as slick but stronger and he had ability to muscle in if need be and bully floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punching Princess
    Ray Leonard beats Floyd Mayweather hands down. Leonard is just as fast just as slick but stronger and he had ability to muscle in if need be and bully floyd
    True, I agree!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SRL tko's pretty boy, because every time PBF runs, SRL would ran just as fast after him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where has Ray ever shown the slickness of Mayweather? He has used his speed to win almost everything fight he was in. Look how Hearns outboxed him, look how Duran beat him up on the inside, and even in the second fight he wasn't winning by more than a round or two and Duran wasn't even fighting very well that fight. Leonard is great, but I say him vs. Mayweather is a toss up depending on how they fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Where has Ray ever shown the slickness of Mayweather? He has used his speed to win almost everything fight he was in. Look how Hearns outboxed him, look how Duran beat him up on the inside, and even in the second fight he wasn't winning by more than a round or two and Duran wasn't even fighting very well that fight. Leonard is great, but I say him vs. Mayweather is a toss up depending on how they fight.

Ray has the ability to show great defense when need be. He choose to be the aggressor in the Hearns fight and Brawl at times rather then box. He choose to try and outfight Duran at times as well

Tommy Hearns had great boxing ability. He can/could box with anyone. Most just like to remember him as the power punching one shot KO machine.

Roberto Duran at that time would be a tough fight for anyone at that weight EVER!!!!

You are talking about two of the greatest fighters of the 1980's as his opponents. Hearns is a top 10 welter of all time. Duran is a top 5 LW of all time.

Think about who you are using as examples before you make comparisons like that.

He wasn't being outboxed by Troy Dorsey or barely ahead of the cards against some jobber

Thread Information