What do ya'll thinkk? Say who goes up , down

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike's P4P list

The simple fact that you have Pongsaklek on that list makes it a bad list. IMO there is NO WAY that man belongs in any P4P list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboxing
    1) PBF 6) R.Narquez
    2)Winky 7) Calzaghe
    3) Pacman Hatton
    4) Taylor 9) Cotto
    5) B-Hop 10) JM Marquez

11) Barrera 16) OScar DH
    12)Mosley 17) Juan Diaz
    13) C.John 1 P. Wonjonkwan ?!?
    14) Kessler 19) Casamoyer
    15) W . Klitschko 20)I. Vasquez

worthy of mention: Pavlik, Abraham, Spinks,Cazares , Calderon, Hum. Soto

Why is Taylor still in the top 5?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboxing
    1) PBF 6) R.Narquez
    2)Winky 7) Calzaghe
    3) Pacman Hatton
    4) Taylor 9) Cotto
    5) B-Hop 10) JM Marquez

11) Barrera 16) OScar DH
    12)Mosley 17) Juan Diaz
    13) C.John 1 P. Wonjonkwan ?!?
    14) Kessler 19) Casamoyer
    15) W . Klitschko 20)I. Vasquez

worthy of mention: Pavlik, Abraham, Spinks,Cazares , Calderon, Hum. Soto

Wonjonkwan, De La Hoya and Diaz have no business being in the top 20. Casamayor, Marquez and Mosley are to low. Calzaghe and John are to high. And who the hell is R. Narquez?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its as good a list as any man. Of course not everyone will agree with you (thats been made obvious by the above posts) but it seems like a good, well thought out list.

The only rules for making a P4P list, IMHO, are these...

-Floyd Mayweather MUST be ranked at #1 (regardless of how much you hate him)
    -Pac and Winky have to be in the top 5

The rest, IMHO again, is debatable. Since you covered my 2 rules your list is cool by me LOL
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is Ring Magazine's current Top 10

1: Mayweather

2: Pacquiao

3: R Marquez

4: J M Marquez

5: Wright

6: Hopkins

7: Calzaghe

8: Hatton

9: Barrera

10: Cotto

It's suprised me that Taylor has been dumped from the list altogether despite not losing a fight (yes I know he's looked terrible) and that R Marquez and JM Marquez have both leapfrogged Wright in recent weeks even though none have fought for a few months

I'm glad Hopkins is back on the list but if he's there than surely Taylor has to be? I can't see the rationale for dumping a man from his position in the p4p list if he's winning fights?

That means that the ranking system is purely subjective and not based on anything more than an editors whim or fancy.

I personally think Taylor has looked awful recently BUT he keeps winning so he shouldn't be moved down the rankings any more than he can lose his title.

Just my thoughts..........

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyway what makes it stranger is that this rationale is not carried over into their divisional rankings. If for example the Ring argue that Taylor has dropped down because they 'think' he's not as good as other fighters even though he keeps winning then they should hold to that consistency in all their ranking but they don't.

They rate Oleg Maskaev as the number 3 heavyweight in the world whereas I'm SURE that EVERBODY would be able to pick maybe a dozen or so heavyweights that would be favourites to beat him, just off the top of my head I'll rattle off, Klitschko, Peter, Chagaev, Thompson, Brewster, Brock, Byrd, Valuev, Chambers, Ibragimov, hell even Holyfield, David Haye and Bernard Hopkins would probably go off as betting favourites against him. In fact when B Hop announced his intentions to fight Maskaev everyone said he was looking for an 'easy' heavyweight title and that they didn't care for that fight at all.

I think maybe the Ring rankings arn't as hallowed and sacred as people believe.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    This is Ring Magazine's current Top 10

1: Mayweather

2: Pacquiao

3: R Marquez

4: J M Marquez

5: Wright

6: Hopkins

7: Calzaghe

8: Hatton

9: Barrera

10: Cotto

It's suprised me that Taylor has been dumped from the list altogether despite not losing a fight (yes I know he's looked terrible) and that R Marquez and JM Marquez have both leapfrogged Wright in recent weeks even though none have fought for a few months

I'm glad Hopkins is back on the list but if he's there than surely Taylor has to be? I can't see the rationale for dumping a man from his position in the p4p list if he's winning fights?

That means that the ranking system is purely subjective and not based on anything more than an editors whim or fancy.

I personally think Taylor has looked awful recently BUT he keeps winning so he shouldn't be moved down the rankings any more than he can lose his title.

Just my thoughts..........
    I don't agree with Taylor being dropped from the list. Especially since he hasn't lost and with his resume being better than Calzaghe, Cotto and Hatton's. I would put him ahead of Barrera as well

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think whats hurt JT is the quality of opposition. Now I'm not saying he doesn't belong in the P4P list.
    I'm just saying I think The Ring people have grabbed on from there also and deducted points off of him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Anyway what makes it stranger is that this rationale is not carried over into their divisional rankings. If for example the Ring argue that Taylor has dropped down because they 'think' he's not as good as other fighters even though he keeps winning then they should hold to that consistency in all their ranking but they don't.

They rate Oleg Maskaev as the number 3 heavyweight in the world whereas I'm SURE that EVERBODY would be able to pick maybe a dozen or so heavyweights that would be favourites to beat him, just off the top of my head I'll rattle off, Klitschko, Peter, Chagaev, Thompson, Brewster, Brock, Byrd, Valuev, Chambers, Ibragimov, hell even Holyfield, David Haye and Bernard Hopkins would probably go off as betting favourites against him. In fact when B Hop announced his intentions to fight Maskaev everyone said he was looking for an 'easy' heavyweight title and that they didn't care for that fight at all.

I think maybe the Ring rankings arn't as hallowed and sacred as people believe.
    For starters bro the ring has always stated that p4p is different from divisional rankings as the divisional ones are also based on achievements in the division. Maskaev got his ranking by defeating the previous #2 Rachman who was coming of a draw with Toney who was ranked #3 when Maskaev defeated Rachman.

As for Taylor he has not lost but with his performance against Spinks there is now doubt about his ability. This can be seen by the many fans who are already picking Pavlik to dethrone Taylor. With a fighter who appears that vulnerable it is easy to drop him from the p4p list
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information