Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Taylor's last fight at MW

Taylor will be fighting Pavlik on september 29th and this will be his last fight at MW he is moving up to SW. Will he go straight after the winner of Calzaghe-Kessler fight or have a few easy fights to settle in to the weight?

Full article at www.fightnews.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor's last fight at MW

well it cud be looking good for Calzaghe cementing his legacy. If he beats kessler, with Taylor moving up the fight should be a lot easier to make. He has also go the winner of Bhop-Winky to fight as they are both fighting arounf about his weight now, and with a chance for him to step up to fight for a tittle at LH weight (dawson should be the main man by then) he could still go down as an all time great.

Opinion guys??
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder if Taylor gets beat against Pavlik will he make an excuse like "i couldnt make the weight anymore" thats why i lost.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif
    I wonder if Taylor gets beat against Pavlik will he make an excuse like "i couldnt make the weight anymore" thats why i lost.
    Taylor will loose to Pavlik , and yes he will blame the weight thing.
    He has not been worthy of being middle weight champ , hes one paced , limitem stamina , over rated power , this is of course my opinion , but i think Pavlik it to busy for him and Jermaine hasnty fought many punchers, which Kell y is
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could lose to Pavlik but still get the decision

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although I wanted Taylor to loose to Bhop i respected that he fought him and then fight Winky but his last two fights against light middles is a disgrace. He did look awful and he does seem the most naturally gifted of boxers just mechanical, like a good athlete doing boxing. It is more than just a weight issue and he would loose to Galzaghe if his hands hold up.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna
    well it cud be looking good for Calzaghe cementing his legacy. If he beats kessler, with Taylor moving up the fight should be a lot easier to make. He has also go the winner of Bhop-Winky to fight as they are both fighting arounf about his weight now, and with a chance for him to step up to fight for a tittle at LH weight (dawson should be the main man by then) he could still go down as an all time great.

Opinion guys??
    First littlebif, Taylor always was too big to remain at 160 lbs for long, we r talkin about a 6'1'' -6'1 1/2'' tall muscular, solid, broad shoulders, powerhouse "middle" - that physicallity along with the young man's fast reflexes was definitely the key to do what so many other middleweights couldn't do and that is to keep Bernard at bay, pretty much gun-shy and picking his punches to come back with too little, too late when Jermain took his title - on the flipside, all that muscular apparatus and size didn't enable him to be technical sound and slick against both illusive, technically developed junior middles Winky and Cory. It's quite obvious he couldn't keep working on strategy to keep beating guys he was not able to catch clean, he was makin a fool out of himself and started being descredited by the public, the experts ( media, press) and by his own staff...
    Now, gudnite vienna and still littlebif, Calzaghe is bigger no doubt but he both carries an unorthodox puncher-boxer style ( plus he's still a lefty) and he has much faster slapper-like handspeed which basically presents the same problem to Jermain at 168 lbs - he may still look bad at that weight, remember Left hook Lacy - so I dare to believe that he's going right in pursuit of bigger paydays and more physical contests at LHW against the likes of the winner of Jones-Hanshaw, a rematch with either Winky or Bernard at 175 lbs where he would have an advantage and an excellent match-up against young gun ( but less powerful) Chad Dawson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can`t see how Taylor can beat Calzaghe,Kessler or Bute in 168,i will not mention Carl Froch,he`s just all mouth
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully Taylor will move up if he beats Pavlik and fight the winner of Calzaghe-Kessler and this divison can hot up. Kessler-Taylor anyone ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesd
    Kessler-Taylor anyone ?

Kessler by a brutality KO
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Thread Information