I'm crap at keeping training logs but find I need to know why I'm especially low on energy or have aches or pains and don't remember what I did to deserve them so I'm making an effort to keep one now.

I might also write in the occasional bad food indulgence since I often complain I have trouble making weight but if I wrote every little cheat meal they'd probably add up to more than I really need 

I'm a Bantamweight (although currently 3 kg over) female. returning from a knee injury. Also have a history of back pain. I keep those factors in mind with my training. No plyometric jumps or skipping allowed just yet. Also need to do a lot of back strengthening compared to other resistance training.

I've been competing for a few years - total of 10 bouts with mixed success. Still have a lot to learn - apparently by trial and error  Last bout was September last year - Australian national titles. Lost to a southpaw - the first I have ever experienced in competition or training. Then injured my knee and got sick due to excessive, extended dieting in preparation for the nationals.

Am aiming to have my first bout back later this month but it all depends on whether or not there are any matches around. I've fought and beaten all the other bantamweight girls in the state (there aren't many  ) so I might have to give away weight.

I feel like a geek for being the first one to enter anything in this but I am one anyway - trying to juggle training and PhD studies at the moment. It doesn't always work.

I'm a transport cyclist - downhill on the way to training and uphill home. I live very close to my uni campus so don't have to cycle far for that. The swimming pool is close to the boxing gym. Usually works out to be about 40 mins to the pool or gym and 50 mins home. I don't really count going to the gym or pool as exercise but I feel it coming back uphill.