Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Boogie Man Will be Permanetly Erased After Saturday Night

I can't believe the hype this fight is getting! Makes me PROUD! Knowing everybody knows that this is going to be a barnburner. And it invovles Margarito. heheh

cc JT Rock! I remember MANY, I mean MANY, fight fans talking all tough about Williams and how Tony was ducking him as Floyd ducked Margarito.

Now it's set and days away, and they are all quiet! haaha

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    But on the other side of the token he is very slow, awkward at times and plodding. He loops his punches to much and that is dangerous against a guy who is bigger, faster, straighter with his punches more athletic, and can fight you at any range...
    I couldn't have said that better myself. (aside from very slow) BUT .... what you just said right there is what precisely scares me and excites me about this fight!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with JT on this one. I think Williams jab will give Margarito all kind of problems. I see Williams winning late on cuts or cruising to a UD win.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I'm with JT on this one. I think Williams jab will give Margarito all kind of problems. I see Williams winning late on cuts or cruising to a UD win.
    I must be honest ive not seen to much of Williams , but i think his rangy style will give Margarito problem ,
    Williams UD for me
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call it a hunch, but Williams is going to be backpedalling and moving side to side in this fight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one thing im unsure of is if Williams will choose to move around or not.

I know williams is far from a plodder but his movment isnt of the evasive type and i just feel that if he is gonna do his thing in the usuall Williams manner (combos, tons of punches) then he is gonna have to be infront of Margarito for relatively long peroids of time.

Now dont get me wrong, stylistically that is great as effectively he will be doing to Margarito what Clottey did up untill he hurt his hand.

However, ultimately i feel its a recipe for disaster as i dont think Williams will have enough steele to hang with Margarito and over time, Tony's punches will take there toll.

With that being said, ive got a feeling Williams will show great character through out the fight.

Just thought id add that im basing most of this on my opinion that Williams ISNT a hard hitter at World championship level.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As good/athletic Williams is I just can't bet against a guy that's not truly battle tested at an elite level. In no way am I saying that Paul doesn't have what it takes to be at the top. But that's just it, it's a guess at this point.

I'll go with the battle tested warrior Margarito. With him u know what ur getting. This is Paul's chance to show what he's made of. If he does win, then I will recognize him as a true force in the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paul Williams is gonna show everyone that he belongs at the 147 Elite when its all said and done Saturday Night.

I predict its Gonna be Margarito Vs Citron all over again, but with Williams playing the role of Margarito and Margarito playing Citron.....

Williams is ridiculously big, very athletic, fast, throws straight crisp shots down the middle and has superb punch selection in which he works his combos very well and fills the gaps as good as anyone in the game.. The guy has a ridiculous work rate and for having the wing span of a dragon, is extremely effective on the inside. Although he dosent have concussive power he is strong enough to hurt you...

Margarito is big, strong, tough, has a great workrate to go along with a boatload of experience... But on the other side of the token he is very slow, awkward at times and plodding. He loops his punches to much and that is dangerous against a guy who is bigger, faster, straighter with his punches more athletic, and can fight you at any range...

I think it will come down to chins and defense. Margarito has yet to show a weak beard although has a poor defense, on the other hand Williams looked stunned by Mitchell and defense isint exactly a priority as well with him..

I just feel Paul will beat him to the punch throwing straight crisp clean power shots ala Kelly Pavlik, and will break Margarito down to a TKO by round 9
    Margarito is going to lose some early rounds and then take advantage of Williams own wide style and break him down stopping him late. Williams never uses his height and is going to fall prey to the uppercuts of Margarito. He's like Cintron, he never really had to fight anyone his size and they still got to him, Tony is tall too and will get to him easier then shorter guys. In order to beat Margarito you need to have made it a career not to get hit a lot, Williams hasn't and will get knocked out because of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

I have no doubt the Margarito haters will be spamming the board afterwards though saying Williams would have won but for .........(insert own excuse here)........

No siree Bilbs, I have ALWAYS. congratulated a paticular fighter and showed respect even if I didnt like him see my posts as recently as

Wladimir Klitschko
    Kelly Pavlik

giving them their credit and kudos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie

I know williams is far from a plodder but his movment isnt of the evasive type and i just feel that if he is gonna do his thing in the usuall Williams manner (combos, tons of punches) then he is gonna have to be infront of Margarito for relatively long peroids of time.

Williams has superb, upper body and head movement and fights in a certain groove with a rythm coupled with Fluidity..

Williams has good balance for a big guy and has straighter crisper shots, were Margo is a bit wide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Paul Williams is gonna show everyone that he belongs at the 147 Elite when its all said and done Saturday Night.

I predict its Gonna be Margarito Vs Citron all over again, but with Williams playing the role of Margarito and Margarito playing Citron.....

Williams is ridiculously big, very athletic, fast, throws straight crisp shots down the middle and has superb punch selection in which he works his combos very well and fills the gaps as good as anyone in the game.. The guy has a ridiculous work rate and for having the wing span of a dragon, is extremely effective on the inside. Although he dosent have concussive power he is strong enough to hurt you...

Margarito is big, strong, tough, has a great workrate to go along with a boatload of experience... But on the other side of the token he is very slow, awkward at times and plodding. He loops his punches to much and that is dangerous against a guy who is bigger, faster, straighter with his punches more athletic, and can fight you at any range...

I think it will come down to chins and defense. Margarito has yet to show a weak beard although has a poor defense, on the other hand Williams looked stunned by Mitchell and defense isint exactly a priority as well with him..

I just feel Paul will beat him to the punch throwing straight crisp clean power shots ala Kelly Pavlik, and will break Margarito down to a TKO by round 9
    Margarito is going to lose some early rounds and then take advantage of Williams own wide style and break him down stopping him late. Williams never uses his height and is going to fall prey to the uppercuts of Margarito. He's like Cintron, he never really had to fight anyone his size and they still got to him, Tony is tall too and will get to him easier then shorter guys. In order to beat Margarito you need to have made it a career not to get hit a lot, Williams hasn't and will get knocked out because of it.
    I disagree with most of what your saying, for a tall guy Williams is a good inside fighter and effective at all ranges

Williams is a hell of a lot bigger than Maro as well not to mention Margo's defense is reminicent of a sive in the way it leaks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams has superb, upper body and head movement and fights in a certain groove with a rythm coupled with Fluidity..

Williams has good balance for a big guy and has straighter crisper shots, were Margo is a bit wide
    Okay, yeah i totally dig that.

But the way he does it.... (When he does it)... He's always infront of you, kinda like J-Toney.
    And baring in mind he (im assuming) doesnt take an occasional whack so well (nor pucnh too hard).... Well.... You can see where im going with this one

Mind you, im assuming a hell of a lot of things here.

For example, im assuming Maragrito WONT be phased by Williams out boxing and out scoring him for considerable protions of the fight. I could be very wrong. He may just stop comming forward, or stop throwing
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The good news is that there is no way this fight will be a snoozefest

Okay, yeah i totally dig that.

But the way he does it.... (When he does it)... He's always infront of you, kinda like J-Toney.
    And baring in mind he (im assuming) doesnt take an occasional whack so well (nor pucnh too hard).... Well.... You can see where im going with this one

Mind you, im assuming a hell of a lot of things here.

For example, im assuming Maragrito WONT be phased by Williams out boxing and out scoring him for considerable protions of the fight. I could be very wrong. He may just stop comming forward, or stop throwing
    I here you man, the funny thing is all of us are assuming Things can change drastically and we have seen 100's of times that a fighter just fails to execute a gameplan upon stepping into the ring, regardless if he had performed a certain way for 20 previous fights....

there is no way this fight can be a snoozefest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams will use his 81'' of reach and southpaw stance to keep Tony hesitant to step in the distance from leftfield. Now, as soon as Paul realizes he can't back him off or keep the guy off him, cutt him like Santos did, he'll be on the move ( Clottey broke his hand doing so)... Let's use the Mathysse fight to get this clear once and for all, as soon as the bell rang, Paul and the Argentine went right at each other and Williams fired right jabs and straight lefts against Mathysse's no-holds-barred attack ( which had Williams knocked off balance on the early going) and the action never let up. From the fifth on, Williams had his opponent hurt and against the ropes and this gave him the confidence to stalk him all the way to the 10th round stoppage. Well, Paul will never have Tony hurt so I guess it's fair to say he won't press the action forward cause when you can't get'em, you simply give up and box - now think about what will Tony do when he sees this guy retreating... Intensifies the body attack, fists, forearms, elbows, everything, twisting Paul's wiry frame and mid section pretty rough...Williams will not want any more of that and doesn't come out of his corner somewhere before the 10th!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams may have success early since Margarito is a slow starter, but Margarito has an iron will and will impose it on Williams as the fight wears on. He'll be landing clean shots and throwin tons of punches at Williams, who is not that hard to hit. I don't see Williams making it the distance, he's gonna eat a hard straight right sooner or later and not get up.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams was saying that hes coming to fight to give the fans action...that could be to throw off Margarito. I dont think he should try to trade with Tony, if he can move alot and keep his jab working its gonna be hard for Tony to get in his range and when he does Williams can time him. I havent seen Williams fight like that tho, he usually just goes at em to-to-toe...weird.He needs Emmanuel Steward to train him...it would be like Hearns part 2.

Thread Information