Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton : Mayweather must make light-welter to fight me

I wouldn't take that article to mean anything really, other than Hatton throwing it out there to see how badly Mayweather wants it. If he can try and goad him to 140lbs, then why not? Advantage Hatton.

Reality is though, that Mayweather won't go for this, and the fight will be at 147 should it happen.

It's just a tactic, nothing more. I don't for a second believe that if Mayweather says he wants the fight at 147 that Hatton would turn this down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoster
    Two things I think Mayweather can't, won't do.

Make 140 lbs. and fight southpaws.
    He has fought southpaws
    Yes 3 in his last 30 fights. Not a overwelming ratio I think. Let me ask, How come Baldomir looked better against Zab Judah than Mayweather, then was dominated by Mayweather when they fought? I will explain my point. Judah's southpaw style gave Mayweather trouble.

Admittly this isn't relevent as Hatton is orthodox but it is a fact often overlooked about the best fighter in the game today.
    http://www.freewebs.com/neutral-corner/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    I wouldn't take that article to mean anything really, other than Hatton throwing it out there to see how badly Mayweather wants it. If he can try and goad him to 140lbs, then why not? Advantage Hatton.

Reality is though, that Mayweather won't go for this, and the fight will be at 147 should it happen.

It's just a tactic, nothing more. I don't for a second believe that if Mayweather says he wants the fight at 147 that Hatton would turn this down.
    I think you have got it spot on, Mayweather v Hatton, they need each other, both undefeated, and in there prime,millions and million of $ the sparings just began

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel

He has fought southpaws
    Yes 3 in his last 30 fights. Not a overwelming ratio I think. Let me ask, How come Baldomir looked better against Zab Judah than Mayweather, then was dominated by Mayweather when they fought? I will explain my point. Judah's southpaw style gave Mayweather trouble.

Admittly this isn't relevent as Hatton is orthodox but it is a fact often overlooked about the best fighter in the game today.
    That had nothing to do with it. Some fighters get up for certain fights & perform better. Styles makes fights & that's a fact. But that dosen't just mean orthodoxed/southpaw. The 3 in 30 ratio is (10%). Why do u think that is? There are many factors here. This is business.But don't think for a minute that it was because they were intentionally staying away from southpaws. How many lucrative fights with ranked southpaws do u beleive made sense (Particularly $$$)when PBF's handlers were making his fights? I'll go out on a limb & say -not many.

This is all stemming from u posting that he wouldn't fight a southpaw. He fights whoever his people put oin front of him. There are many determining factors when putting together these big fights. Fighting stance is not one that one of them in PBF's case.

This thread has been talkin about PBF vs Hatton. Why even bring up a southpaw here?

It ever cross ur mind that the fact that Zab is a fast, strong, & gifted fighter that was bringing it gave PBF a few issues. And not because he was southpaw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For once you can't blame Floyd for a fight not happening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After Hatton had beat Castillo he said he would step up to 147lbs to face Floyd i reckon he wants the fight but his dad and Hattons handlers dont have that much faith in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dissapointed in Hatton
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That must blow the chance of a Hatton - De La Hoya fight aswell if he wont step up and fight Floyd at 147,there is no way he is gonna step up and fight a naturally bigger man in De La Hoya.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For those youngsters on here, this is from the old featherweight champ Jeff Fennech in Australia.

Fenech: Why Hatton will beat Mayweather

Boxing legend Jeff Fenech has defied the prediction of his old trainer Johnny Lewis to publicly predict a Ricky Hatton victory against Floyd Mayweather.
    Casting his expert eye over the brewing super-fight, three-time world champ Fenech said that while he was a fan of both fighters he believed Hatton had the tools and tenacity to spring a major upset against the fighter most pundits say is the world’s best boxer pound for pound.
    Last month, trainer Lewis who guided Fenech to the world bantam, super-bantam and feather crowns and took Kostya Tszyu to junior-welterweight greatness, predicted Mayweather would stop Hatton with his explosive speed and superior skills.
    But Fenech (pictured, left with Joe Frazier, Kostya Tszyu and Anthony Mundine) won’t buy that.

Last month, trainer Lewis who guided Fenech to the world bantam, super-bantam and feather crowns and took Kostya Tszyu to junior-welterweight greatness, predicted Mayweather would stop Hatton with his explosive speed and superior skills.

But Fenech won’t buy that.
    ``Look, Mayweather is a great fighter,’’ Fenech said. ``He absolutely played with Oscar De La Hoya. I don’t think he got out of second gear because he knew he was way out in front in terms of technique.
    ``It wasn’t a great fight because Floyd didn’t have to lay it on the line.
    ``But I do think Ricky can change it all around for Floyd.
    ``I think Ricky is the kind of strong, fit, hungry pressure fighter who can get under the skin of a guy like Mayweather the same way I used to wear opponents down.
    ``I’ve seen in a few of Mayweather’s fights – especially his first, close fight with Jose Luis Castillo and then against Zab Judah, when a guy stays on him and leans on him, stifling his movement, he doesn’t look anywhere near his best.
    ``There’s no better fighter in the world at a distance than Mayweather but I don’t think he’s a great infighter.
    ``When he gets hit in close he has a tendency to do nothing offensively, he just turns his body away and waits for the referee to step in and separate the fighters.
    ``I think Ricky Hatton will have seen this and will capitalise it, scoring with a lot of short, hard effective punches before the referee moves.
    ``In close Ricky really has a chance to break Floyd down and I think he has the desire, that unbelievable will to win, that can spring a massive upset.’’
    The big fight is set to take place later this year with the undefeated Mayweather saying he’s ready to end the Englishman’s unbeaten run, now standing at 43-0 (31 KOs) and looking red hot after his four-round destruction of Jose Luis Castillo in Las Vegas on June 23.
    Hatton’s promoter Dennis Hobson has offered Mayweather $12m to fight Hatton in Britain later this year and Mayweather says he is willing to come out of retirement to fight Manchester's light-welterweight champion.
    Mayweather is 38-0 (24 KOs) and coming off a close points win over De La Hoya for the WBC junior-middleweight title.
    He has since relinquished that crown but kept the welterweight title in a sure sign that he’s willing to meet Hatton at 147lb.
    Fenech was part of Lewis’s star stable that has produced five world champs – Fenech, Kostya Tszyu, Jeff Harding, Virgil Hill and Gairy St Clair.
    Fenech has also had great success as a trainer, taking Danny Green to the WBC Interim super-middleweight title and guiding Vic Darchinyan to the IBF flyweight crown before splitting with both fighters.
    Lewis, who threw the towel in when Hatton stopped Tszyu in Manchester two years ago, has a different view to Fenech and says Mayweather has too much artillery for the Manchester mauler.
    ``If they fight on middle ground at 147lb Mayweather will stop Ricky,’’ Lewis said.
    ``Ricky is a very strong kid and he would be dangerous early – but I think Mayweather will take control behind his jab.
    ``He will outbox Ricky and dominate him.
    ``I think it would turn into a one-sided fight the longer it went. Mayweather is a great talent, a brilliant boxer.’’
    But Fenech, who was robbed of a fourth world title when Azumah Nelson was handed a ``Vegas draw’’ in their 1991 battle for the WBC junior-lightweight crown, has the final word.
    ``No matter how talented a fighter, any boxer can be beaten,’’ Fenech said. ``No-one is invincible.
    ``Boxing is all about styles and how one style can overcome another.
    ``And of all the fighters in the world, I believe Hatton is the one with the style and the mental strength to give Mayweather his first loss.’’

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you do know that judah was a lefty..and hatton isn't so what are you talking about?
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good move Ricky, let him come to you instead of you going to him, I do wish Ricky best luck but Mayweather has to decide if he's gonna defend his WBC Welter against Shane ( who else?!) or go after the money and back to 140 pounds, very good move!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
    Good move Ricky, let him come to you instead of you going to him, I do wish Ricky best luck but Mayweather has to decide if he's gonna defend his WBC Welter against Shane ( who else?!) or go after the money and back to 140 pounds, very good move!!!
    not really..because floyd will just stay retired and ricky will be viewed as ducking floyd...also it proves that he didn't have an "off night" against collazo and he just was getting beat up and knows that if collazo did that to him at 147 floyd will kill him....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know I am a fan of Hatton but this makes me look at him a little different.....

This is a fight he called out...He stated he wanted Floyd...He said "You just seen more action here then in all of Floyd Mayweathers fights put together" or something to that effect after the Castillo fight

Ricky wanted it soooo bad and now it is at his door he does not want to open it.....

Not good in my eyes...Hatton just lost a lot of crdibility with me.....

You don't tell everyone you want to fight the school bully then get a ride home from Mom at 3:00
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    You know I am a fan of Hatton but this makes me look at him a little different.....

This is a fight he called out...He stated he wanted Floyd...He said "You just seen more action here then in all of Floyd Mayweathers fights put together" or something to that effect after the Castillo fight

Ricky wanted it soooo bad and now it is at his door he does not want to open it.....

Not good in my eyes...Hatton just lost a lot of crdibility with me.....

You don't tell everyone you want to fight the school bully then get a ride home from Mom at 3:00
    I see where urcomingfrom, but i never pay much attention to shit like this.. IF this fight fell through because hatton wudntgo up.. then fair enough he wud be looked as a shit out..

but this is more of a "lets see if he will come down" still early days...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif
    That must blow the chance of a Hatton - De La Hoya fight aswell if he wont step up and fight Floyd at 147,there is no way he is gonna step up and fight a naturally bigger man in De La Hoya.
    that fight was never gonna happen anyway

arent talks underway with the Magninelli camp anyhow?

Thread Information