Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Paulie Malignaggi called Alfonso Gomez out at the (Post fight press conference)

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Paulie Malignaggi called Alfonso Gomez out at the (Post fight press conference)

Paulie Malignaggi was at the post fight press conference and when Alfonso was talking, Paulie raised his hand and with respect, he said I would like to fight you Gomez at 147 (I will move to 147 and fight you)

Alfonso just smiled and said no problem. I am being called out by a champion and that feels good.

I would have accepted the fight on one condition, that Paulie stay at 147
    Malignaggi/Cotto II fo' Shizzle.
    Paulie said he want's to fight Cotto anyways and said he would move up. I guess this just sort of confirms that the kid is not afraid. I would have thought Malignaggi would stay at 140 were it's a lot safer. The kid has balls that's for sure. The Welter Weight Division is SMOKING HOT!.

Alfonso said let's have our people talk and see what happens.

Paulie was very polite.
    And so was Alfonso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paulie Malignaggi called Alfonso Gomez out at the (Post fight press conferen

BIG CC!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paulie Malignaggi called Alfonso Gomez out at the (Post fight press conference)

If paulie goes up - this piles the rpeasure on hatton to start moving up tbh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paulie Malignaggi called Alfonso Gomez out at the (Post fight press conference)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Paulie Malignaggi was at the post fight press conference and when Alfonso was talking, Paulie raised his hand and with respect, he said I would like to fight you Gomez at 147 (I will move to 147 and fight you)

Alfonso just smiled and said no problem. I am being called out by a champion and that feels good.

I would have accepted the fight on one condition, that Paulie stay at 147
    Malignaggi/Cotto II fo' Shizzle.
    Paulie said he want's to fight Cotto anyways and said he would move up. I guess this just sort of confirms that the kid is not afraid. I would have thought Malignaggi would stay at 140 were it's a lot safer. The kid has balls that's for sure. The Welter Weight Division is SMOKING HOT!.

Alfonso said let's have our people talk and see what happens.

Paulie was very polite.
    And so was Alfonso.

Paulie wants to fight Cotto at 147? Has he a death wish?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paulie Malignaggi called Alfonso Gomez out at the (Post fight press conferen

Paulie would fight anybody out there

It will be interesting to see.. Alfonso has great timing.. But when he fights paulie he will have nothing to time..Because he will be forced to press the action and likely be outboxed..

But the thing i want to know is..Paulie looked more powerful last time out..Mcgirt has stuck to his word when it comes to helping paulies snap and power..If he can move up in weight and be strong i hope we can see more improvements
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie has been a fixture at Gatti fights for the past few years, so I'm sure seeing his idol beat like that was heartbreaking. Good storyline there, I hope it happens. That would be one time I root for Malignaggi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill have so much respect for him if he gets in the ring with Cotto again, we saw his face afterwards last time, it takes a brave man to go in that ring and risk it all happening again.
    Thats cricket

Thread Information