Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Is Everyone So Suprised About Williams?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Is Everyone So Suprised About Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Well for starters I think Margarito fucked himself over if he would have at least thrown more early on and would have won 1 or 2 of the 1st, 6 rds. he would have won cause he usually does his best work late in the fights. I've said this before but whoever told him throwing less against someone like Williams is a good plan needs to be slapped.

I will say that Williams showed heart and a good chin, those body shots that Margarito threw would fold WIlliams in half I thought he'd go down but he didn't. IMO, Williams was untested up until this fight his biggest test 'til then could have been either Matthysse or Sharmba. I just thought Margaritos experience would be too much but Margarito didn't use it.

All praise be to Williams and he needs to work on putting more mustard on his punches cause you can't win all your fights like that.
    Williams also has no amateur career to speak of so he is really somewhat green in more ways than one. He is good and using his strengths to hide his limitations as much as possible. It would help him to try and add more to his game though. If he could start to utilize his reach more and use distance as well as dictating the pace as he does. He would truly be a monster for his weight!!

I like Williams, I would like him to take on another WW big gun before we even get to Mayweather. Mayweather wont want a piece of him yet. There is more money for him elsewhere.

SigmaMu Guest

I am not surprised about Williams at all.
    He said he would punish Margarito.
    All that shiet about him cutting him and hurting him in sparring?
    Do you still believe that? I don't.
    Williams just out hustled Tony but he never beat the crap out of him with those pitter patter punches. Kassim Ouma will do more damamge to an opponents face with his pitter patter punches than Williams does. Go figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Williams just out hustled Tony but he never beat the crap out of him with those pitter patter punches. Kassim Ouma will do more damamge to an opponents face with his pitter patter punches than Williams does. Go figure.

ive never seen anybody get as hurt as you are when one of their guys loses a fight.
    keep praying that arum keeps cotto as far away from williams (he will) as possible, cause paul would put on a clinic against cotto.

chin up, sweetheart

things will get better

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was sure that Margarito would break him down and stop him, but it never happened. Williams fought a smart fight for a tall guy, jabbin and circlin Tony and then clinching on the inside. He showed a good chin and heart in makin it thru the tough rounds especially the 11th where Tony went after him like crazy and looked to be on the verge of stopping him. Its too bad he didn't, because Tony looked spent in the 12th and thus was not able to win it. Had Margarito won that last round I would have had it a draw or 115-113 win for him, but he was just too tired, and Williams got the win. Good fight, I would not mind see'n a rematch.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why Is Everyone So Suprised About Williams?
    I wasn't suprised, but I did think it was the biggest test he faced. Matthysse and a washed up Sharmba(I've been KO'd again) Mitchell victories had everybody high on this kid, I just needed more.
    http://www.freewebs.com/neutral-corner/

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

ive never seen anybody get as hurt as you are when one of their guys loses a fight.
    keep praying that arum keeps cotto as far away from williams (he will) as possible, cause paul would put on a clinic against cotto.

chin up, sweetheart

things will get better
    What the phuk are you talking about? I could give a rats azz about Tony Margarito. I have never EVER been his fan and you can pretty much ask anyone on here. I just laugh because your boy friend is afraid of him. That is all. Don't get the shiet all twisted. I will never be a Tony fan for personal reasons. He is not a bad guy but I have personal issues against him. I want to see Williams/Cotto. Hell! I want to see Cotto fight everyone in the WWD. I am not a little fan boy like you who is content when Floyd fights old men and then does not even really fight them. He gets on his bike and bores people to death. Cotto will beat Williams. Trust me. I am not as worried as you are if PBF were to fight Williams. I know that there is yet another man in the WWD that you little Floyd fan boys are worried about. We all know PBF wont fight any of these guys so you can all keep your little posters of Floyd hanging over your little beds with shameless pride and sleep like little women.
    Sweety.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    I was sure that Margarito would break him down and stop him, but it never happened. Williams fought a smart fight for a tall guy, jabbin and circlin Tony and then clinching on the inside. He showed a good chin and heart in makin it thru the tough rounds especially the 11th where Tony went after him like crazy and looked to be on the verge of stopping him. Its too bad he didn't, because Tony looked spent in the 12th and thus was not able to win it. Had Margarito won that last round I would have had it a draw or 115-113 win for him, but he was just too tired, and Williams got the win. Good fight, I would not mind see'n a rematch.
    A rematch would be good. I liked this kid Williams. He is not very best but he is sort of fun to watch. He stays busy he moves all around he works on the outside he works some on the inside he has a lot of tools pretty nice chin. Does a little too much holding from time to time but he knows when to hold and boy does he have a long reach around a guy when he wraps them up. Amazing how he would just spin Tony around while wrapped around his waist like a giant snake. The kid will get better and has very good stamina. Knows how to stay busy and will be a thrill to watch in the future.

Thread Information