Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: IS OSCAR DELA HOYA THE SLUT IN BOXING

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales
    well you're not saying much about Mayweather then, cause he only beat that faded, deminished skilled DLH by one round
    delahoya was the bigger man he was supposed to come forward..and one round means it was a golden boy production...truthfully it was 116-112 or 117-111..and body with sense could see that...even mayweather senior had to change his opinion after seeing it the second time...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boxing Assassin
    Honestly I mean we all saw the fight between Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad. Oscar won it was just he danced off the last rounds which angered the judges to give it to Felix instead. The 2nd fight of Sugar Shane Mosley vs. Oscar De La Hoya. Look at the dam numbers lol Oscar clearly won ladies and gentleman no question about it. Shane Mosley looked real frustrated between some rounds and was trying to be the aggressor in the later rounds. Okay 2 really controversial losses. The loss against Bernard Hopkins okay Bernard was the real deal, I mean that man was just to much for him simply cuss Bernard Hopkins is simply the bigger, stronger guy. Just naturally. The loss against May weather well that was pretty much one sided cuss May weather’s speed and defense. Oscar De La Hoya would of knocked out Pretty boy but I mean it’s smart not to trade with De La Hoya. So I mean De La hoya’s losses seem real horrible but I mean his wins? Fernando Vargas? Ricardo Mayorga? Pernell Whitaker? Julio Cesar chaves twice? Ike Quartey? Hector Camacho? Jorge Paes? The list truly goes on and on!
    Yea becacuse a judge can be angered at a performance and change theyr card as they like..

They just turned the pencil over and rubbed out what was there before and changed it
    yea like there's no controversy in one of the judges scoring the 12th for Oscar after giving all the early rounds to Tito, and realized he had to try and tighten up the cards, oh yea by the way Oscar didn't throw a single punch in the 12th
    Ahh, and the age long debate continues. This is starting to rival the Leonard - Hagler debate. It would have been so much better for boxing if this fight would have just been scored a draw. Then nobody would complain and we could've had Tito - DLH 2. How great would that have been.

I am one of the few who belive Tito won the fight by a round. I have debated this so many times I won't bother doing it again now except to point out that biased comentating can misslead the viewers and that not one judge at ringside including Harold Ledderman saw DLH winning the fight. Yes, Jerry Roth's scorecard looked a little fishy. But, if you look at his career as a judge, he has always leaned more to the aggressor so it is not supprising.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar haters are always good for a laugh. When all is said and done...people are jealous of Oscar...plain and simple. Listen...no one...NO ONE...is perfect in this sport...there are no angels...Oscar included. BUT...name one boxer who wouldn't LOVE to be in Oscar's shoes?! The man is mega popular, extremely wealthy, and a fantastic boxer. What...you guys are going to hate on him for using his looks and business savvy to sell himself and create a successful promotional company?!!! God forbid...any other boxer who COULD do that...wouldn't. As far what he has done in the ring...win, lose, or draw...the man has a tremendous resume. He has NEVER embarrassed himself in the ring. Not to mention the enormous amount of positive publicity he has brought to the fight game. So some of you can call him names like "slut"...i just call you jealous haters.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought ODH beat Quartey, Tito and Shane the second time...I thought he lost to Sturm, and I had the Pernell fight a draw...I had PBF winning 7 rounds to 5...If ODH had kept up using his jab I think he wins it but he didn't. His resume of fighters fought is right there with just about anyone over the last 10 years. Outside of not fightin KT I can't think of a big name that was in the same division as ODH that he didn't fight...and Oscar wasn't a Junior Welter for very long. At 135 he was an absolute monster....I don't know how you can watch the guy and not see an awesome talent. If you put the top 10 LW and WW's of all time in the ring I think Oscar would win some lose some, but I don't think he'd be completley outclassed by anyone...If Shane and Tito are considered "great" then I don't know how Oscar isn't.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Besides what I said in my last post. I for one have great respect for Oscar. His record is just a product of the excelent quality of fighters he has faced. I wish more fighters had the guts to fight so many elite fighters.

I already gave my opinion on who the sluts were at the beginning of this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar has always been elite and competitive at that level, so hes always been the guy to beat. any of theguys he fought were in their prime and win or lose hes always made a good showing so why would lose credibility and get "slut" status as a fighter?
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So why would you say that Oscar is not a great fighter, do you know anything about boxing. Let me guess, your a mayweather fan. I think that you need to start watching fights and not go by what you hear, and then you will know who is a great fighter and who is not. No offense i know this is just an opinion but keep the criticizing coming its fun to hear someone else's point of view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey bro's I just checked the ODH-PBF scorecard again and if judge Jerry Roth seen the last round 10-9 De la hoya which it CLEARLY was then the fight would've been a draw.

The two other judges seen it 10-9 to Oscar in the last round and one was even Chuck Giampa who scored it 116-112 Mayweather overall.

Thread Information