Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default IS OSCAR DELA HOYA THE SLUT IN BOXING

he has pretty much lost all of the fights in his career that meant the most, I think his one of those most dissapointing fighter. does well in the begginnings of fights but slacks off in the end lacking heart to finish big.

the most impressive fight of oscar is the 4th round tko of jcc, JCC is a great but he was clearly past it.

what I hate about boxing is it sometimes turns into a popularity contest. oscar is very popular but he is not a great fighter not at all. it sucks that guys like winky wants to get a fight with oscar just because of $$$$$$$$$. This is exactly whats wrong with boxing. lets pay to see great competitors, not popular boy band looking like guys like oscar. BOXING use to be a sport for real men, nowadays we have guys called pretty boy golden boy, sounds awfully homo if you ask me

oscar can lose 10 in a row and fighters will still line up to bang him for $$$$$ come on fellas lets pay for real fights, lets see pavlik, cotto, guys that bring it and wins

I SINCERELY THINK FIGHTERS THAT MENTION $$$$$$ SHOULD BE FROWN APON, ITS BAD FOR THE SPORT TO OPENLY ACCEPT COMMENTS FROM FIGHTERS TALKING ABOUT CONTRACTS AND PURSES.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: IS OSCAR DELA HOYA THE SLUT IN BOXING

Put yourself in Oscars shoes; if someone wanted to pay you eight figures win or lose would you take it?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dude if i remember correctly (and i do) DLH was the one trying to make the fight with Mayweather, he was the one pushing the action and he finished pretty damn strong in the 12th (a round i had him winning), he has plenty of heart and IS a living GREAT, plus so much talk about him beating an old Chavez although JCC wasn't at his best he was far from being shot, and also DLH walked in the CHALLENGER NOT THE CHAMPION against Chavez, don't forget that, plus he's taken on anyone, so how does that make him a pansey or whatever

Ruelas
    Leija
    Chavez
    Camacho
    Carr
    Paez
    Trinidad
    Mosley
    Whitaker
    Campas
    Vargas
    Hopkins
    Mayorga
    Mayweather

i know there are more BIG names on there but i just don't feel like putting much more thought into this stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    he has pretty much lost all of the fights in his career that meant the most, I think his one of those most dissapointing fighter. does well in the begginnings of fights but slacks off in the end lacking heart to finish big.

the most impressive fight of oscar is the 4th round tko of jcc, JCC is a great but he was clearly past it.

what I hate about boxing is it sometimes turns into a popularity contest. oscar is very popular but he is not a great fighter not at all. it sucks that guys like winky wants to get a fight with oscar just because of $$$$$$$$$. This is exactly whats wrong with boxing. lets pay to see great competitors, not popular boy band looking like guys like oscar. BOXING use to be a sport for real men, nowadays we have guys called pretty boy golden boy, sounds awfully homo if you ask me

oscar can lose 10 in a row and fighters will still line up to bang him for $$$$$ come on fellas lets pay for real fights, lets see pavlik, cotto, guys that bring it and wins

I SINCERELY THINK FIGHTERS THAT MENTION $$$$$$ SHOULD BE FROWN APON, ITS BAD FOR THE SPORT TO OPENLY ACCEPT COMMENTS FROM FIGHTERS TALKING ABOUT CONTRACTS AND PURSES.
    I think fighting Oscar is the easiest way to make it into the Hall of Fame, get Serious money, women, and HBO attention... all at the same time.

And YES, he does gas out in the end, and YES even I question his heart.
    He's one of the most talented fighters of his era, if you look at what he's capable of, I always wonder that he could have accomplished more, yet he has always fallen short of his true place in history IMO. YES he has fought PLENTY of the best. Yet his resume of elite fighters he loses to in close matchups, just because he feels tired.... keeps growing.

I didn't buy Oscar Mayweather, so I'm not impressed by the Golden Boy's appeal as so many other fans are. I'm with you, more matchups that can lead to the most intersting twists and action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HE HE HE Its funny you say that cuz I always thought it was the fighters that wanted to fight him who were the sluts. He's just the horny rich guy who can't keep his hands away from the pu**y even though he knows he can't keep it up for the full show anymore.

It is those guys calling him out when they know he is no longer the top dog and his skills ar quite diminished and see him as a moderate risk/HUGE reward that are the sluts.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well you're not saying much about Mayweather then, cause he only beat that faded, deminished skilled DLH by one round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    HE HE HE Its funny you say that cuz I always thought it was the fighters that wanted to fight him who were the sluts. He's just the horny rich guy who can't keep his hands away from the pu**y even though he knows he can't keep it up for the full show anymore.

It is those guys calling him out when they know he is no longer the top dog and his skills ar quite diminished and see him as a moderate risk/HUGE reward that are the sluts.
    You sound creepy as hell. But I think your on to something. heh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales
    dude if i remember correctly (and i do) DLH was the one trying to make the fight with Mayweather, he was the one pushing the action and he finished pretty damn strong in the 12th (a round i had him winning), he has plenty of heart and IS a living GREAT, plus so much talk about him beating an old Chavez although JCC wasn't at his best he was far from being shot, and also DLH walked in the CHALLENGER NOT THE CHAMPION against Chavez, don't forget that, plus he's taken on anyone, so how does that make him a pansey or whatever

Ruelas
    Leija
    Chavez
    Camacho
    Carr
    Paez
    Trinidad
    Mosley
    Whitaker
    Campas
    Vargas
    Hopkins
    Mayorga
    Mayweather

i know there are more BIG names on there but i just don't feel like putting much more thought into this stupidity
    Great points! Aside from his loss to Hopkins (an all time great MW & someone too big for Oscar) he's never been blown out in any fight.

Yes, the record shows he lost twice to Shane & once to Tito. The record book says he's 0-3 in these fights but some argue he could be 2-1. Had close wins against Quartey & Pernell, maybe those make up for the "losses" to Shane & Tito. Point is, he fought a bunch of tough guys & was in exciting, close fights in all/most of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRazor
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales

Ruelas
    Leija
    Chavez
    Camacho
    Carr
    Paez
    Trinidad
    Mosley
    Whitaker
    Campas
    Vargas
    Hopkins
    Mayorga
    Mayweather

Great points! Aside from his loss to Hopkins (an all time great MW & someone too big for Oscar) he's never been blown out in any fight.

Yes, the record shows he lost twice to Shane & once to Tito. The record book says he's 0-3 in these fights but some argue he could be 2-1. Had close wins against Quartey & Pernell, maybe those make up for the "losses" to Shane & Tito. Point is, he fought a bunch of tough guys & was in exciting, close fights in all/most of them.

It is what it is.... name all the fighters you guys want. No matter how tough they sound, it doesn't matter because de la Hoya fell short all the time. I still feel that Oscar is better then even he thinks he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly I mean we all saw the fight between Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad. Oscar won it was just he danced off the last rounds which angered the judges to give it to Felix instead. The 2nd fight of Sugar Shane Mosley vs. Oscar De La Hoya. Look at the dam numbers lol Oscar clearly won ladies and gentleman no question about it. Shane Mosley looked real frustrated between some rounds and was trying to be the aggressor in the later rounds. Okay 2 really controversial losses. The loss against Bernard Hopkins okay Bernard was the real deal, I mean that man was just to much for him simply cuss Bernard Hopkins is simply the bigger, stronger guy. Just naturally. The loss against May weather well that was pretty much one sided cuss May weather’s speed and defense. Oscar De La Hoya would of knocked out Pretty boy but I mean it’s smart not to trade with De La Hoya. So I mean De La hoya’s losses seem real horrible but I mean his wins? Fernando Vargas? Ricardo Mayorga? Pernell Whitaker? Julio Cesar chaves twice? Ike Quartey? Hector Camacho? Jorge Paes? The list truly goes on and on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Boxing Assassin
    Honestly I mean we all saw the fight between Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad. Oscar won it was just he danced off the last rounds which angered the judges to give it to Felix instead. The 2nd fight of Sugar Shane Mosley vs. Oscar De La Hoya. Look at the dam numbers lol Oscar clearly won ladies and gentleman no question about it. Shane Mosley looked real frustrated between some rounds and was trying to be the aggressor in the later rounds. Okay 2 really controversial losses. The loss against Bernard Hopkins okay Bernard was the real deal, I mean that man was just to much for him simply cuss Bernard Hopkins is simply the bigger, stronger guy. Just naturally. The loss against May weather well that was pretty much one sided cuss May weather’s speed and defense. Oscar De La Hoya would of knocked out Pretty boy but I mean it’s smart not to trade with De La Hoya. So I mean De La hoya’s losses seem real horrible but I mean his wins? Fernando Vargas? Ricardo Mayorga? Pernell Whitaker? Julio Cesar chaves twice? Ike Quartey? Hector Camacho? Jorge Paes? The list truly goes on and on!
    Indeed, the way I see it, he's a great talent, but not a great figher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey we all have our opinions you know. lol It’s all god. I actually do think he is a great fighter, one of the best of my generation/ era. I’m only 16 so yeah not to much boxing knowledge in my head I guess you would say. Hey I think Oscar is a great fighter, but then again Oscar De La Hoya is my favorites fighter of all time since I saw Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad back in 1999.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea becacuse a judge can be angered at a performance and change theyr card as they like..

They just turned the pencil over and rubbed out what was there before and changed it
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    Yea becacuse a judge can be angered at a performance and change theyr card as they like..

They just turned the pencil over and rubbed out what was there before and changed it
    That actually angers me a lot; they have no right to do that. If a fighter feels they won the fight, they can dance the last rounds. I mean I see why not, its kind of a lack of respect for the fans but I mean either way they won the fight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB

yea like there's no controversy in one of the judges scoring the 12th for Oscar after giving all the early rounds to Tito, and realized he had to try and tighten up the cards, oh yea by the way Oscar didn't throw a single punch in the 12th

Thread Information