Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Froch v Robin Reid 2/11/07 Nottingham, UK

I was thinking last night about him, will he get in with Reid or what? I was hoping he could face Inkin in the near future and that would certainly help his cause to get a shot at the WBC crown, which either JC or Kessler will have!

I think Froch should fight Reid, Inkin and then try his hopes getting a title shot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whos next for Carl Froch?

Froch needs to hurry up and start fighting some more testing fighters hes 30 years old and hasnt really fought a top ten fighter yet.

ICB Guest

Anthony Mundine
    Lucian Bute
    Dennis Inkin
    Robin Reid

Any of these fights would be fine.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Anthony Mundine
    Lucian Bute
    Dennis Inkin
    Robin Reid

Any of these fights would be fine.
    I think that the most likely of those is probably Robin Reid, but he's also the one that will push Froch on the least in his career in my opinion. Inkin however, will probably be looking for a fight as he waits for Calzaghe to give him a shot as the mandatory. Bute and Mundine probably have bigger things on their minds.

The name I'd throw into the ring, and it'd be great if he could get it would be Alejandro Berrio, who is probably looking for a nice big payday, and holdingthe IBF belt would be a fantastic chance for Froch. Bute is however the #1 ranked challenger for Berrio, with Froch next in line.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berrio sounds like a good route for Froch if he wants glory because i can see the winner of Kessler-JC wanting the real big names and this will leave Froch not being able to get a shot at a strap.

But lets hope he can carry on with these stoppages beacause it will boost his name.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Calzaghe-Kessler match has well and truely relegated anyother Supermiddle or Supermiddle fight at the moment.

Froch-Reid could be interesting. But you would expect, at this stage, Froch would have to do a Lacy type number on him to be considered a good showing.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch v Robin Reid 2/11/07 Nottingham, UK

Just renamed your thread Tam

Froch is gonna get the KO imo and well within the distance and predict Reid will have a real go too-(one more roll of the dice?),but Froch has seriously gotta get his skates on after this one.

Carl Froch will defend his British super-middleweight title against former WBC world champion Robin Reid at the Nottingham Arena on November 2nd after his promoter Mick Hennessy won the purse bid for the right to stage the highly anticipated clash earlier today.

Hennessy saw off competition from Frank Warren to land the Championship, which will headline a live Sky Sports event.

The Hennessy Sports boxer, who has already won the British belt out-right after making three title defences, has been recovering from surgery on his right knee which has prevented him from fighting since March.

Carl has wanted to fight Reid for a long time and this is a fight that a lot of British fight fans want to see, so it’s great that it is finally happening,” said Hennessy. “I’m delighted to be able to bring it to his home city of Nottingham, where we expect another big crowd.

“It is a chance for Carl to show what he can do against a former world champion before going on to fight for a world title next year. The size of the bids today is a testament to his status as a rapidly developing marquee name and star of world boxing.”

WBC #1 Froch is understandably delighted that years of talk are finally over.

“I’ve seen what Reid has been saying in the press,” he said. “Now he’s got a problem; he has to come good on his words and back it all up. Instead he’s getting knocked out like he’s never been knocked out before and in my home City.”

That's what i like about the Cobra

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is acctually going to lose against Carl Froch and i honestly think he shouldnt even bother fighthing him due to the fact i can see a ko here for sure.

He looked slow in his last fight and carl will open those gaps and i cant see Reid taking those right uppercuts all night at his age.

Carl Froch KO within 3-5 rounds, TRUST ME!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok I am a Reid fan and dont like Froch so I can see lots of positives for Robin

It has been a long time since Carl has completed any competetive rounds, he is coming off a knee injury, he has not been able to trin for a while because of the knee and will be big time rusty, Robin is by far the best fighter that Carl has faced, Robin has a longer reach than Carl and a good jab, Carl gets outjabbed fairly easily.

Robin is also quite fond of the right hand counter which Carl just begs for with his low held left.

Robin has had the most recent action out of the 2, a fairly high tempo 8 rounder wich Robin was coming on in, which was a good sign for him that after the lay off he had the fitness to get stronger during A fight that Robin took with only 2 weeks notice.

If Robin can start ramming his left in to Carls face early, Carl will find it very hard to get in to the fight, he is already a slow starter and if not given time and space to get settled he will get frustrated and Robin is also very good at being a bit rough wich Carl hasnt had to deal with yet.

All in all I see Robin doing very well and coming away with a decision over a rusty Froch who at 30 is yet to be tested!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with ross in as much the left hand of Froch is almost as worrying as Amir Khan's guard, but I disagree with his prediction for the result. I think Froch starts tasting that overhand right he'll bring his hands up sharpish. After that, Froch will outbox Reid, who is also not been very impressve for quite a while now.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Froch wins. When Calzaghe beats Kessler, he'll vacate and move up to Light-Heavy. Froch will then get his elimanator shot at one of the world titles. He'll be champion before too long. I don't want him in with Bute though. Bute is fucking impressive.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is going to knock Reid out i would bet my house on it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reids getting battered

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    Froch is going to knock Reid out i would bet my house on it.
    You don't have a house son, you're still in school. You can bet my flat if you want though....

Thread Information