Thread: Chevez Jnr what do we think??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chevez Jnr what do we think??

If his father isn't who he is we'd never have heard of him. Let's wait till he fills out and fights somebody decent till we write him off, but he doesn't look to be anything special.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's oppositon has been so horrible that this kid is the same as a fighter that is only 9-0 or so, it's hard to have any opinion of him yet.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    He's oppositon has been so horrible that this kid is the same as a fighter that is only 9-0 or so, it's hard to have any opinion of him yet.
    Agreed, but he's only 21 if I'm not mistaken, most guys don't start stepping up at that age.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea i agree he doesn't look special. So far his only as good as his oppenents.

hey is jcc family broke or something? I hear they need jr to help out the family

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's difficult to criticise him at this moment. He's young,has had no amatuer fights so is still maturing and learning the basics but he has to do it in the pros,in front of the media. He can do well but not at this weight. Way too much competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Granted his opponents haven't been that good, but his punches look very crisp and he makes it a point of going to the body. When he get's a guy in trouble he's very composed and seems to have an idea of what he wants to do. I would definatley like to see his competition go up, which I think it will. There seems to be talk of the Gomez or Malignaggi next. Gomez would seem like the more logical choice. Paulie would be a too much of a step up in class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz
    Granted his opponents haven't been that good, but his punches look very crisp and he makes it a point of going to the body. When he get's a guy in trouble he's very composed and seems to have an idea of what he wants to do. I would definatley like to see his competition go up, which I think it will. There seems to be talk of the Gomez or Malignaggi next. Gomez would seem like the more logical choice. Paulie would be a too much of a step up in class.
    CC, Wiz... hit the nail on the head!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    I think this guy is basically poooooooooh, i saw his fight last night against the journeyman who looked about 4 weight classes below Chevez, he threw the kitchen sink at him and some more and the guy wasnt even stunned never mind hurt, what do you guys think?

Im not sure what his whiskers are like but if that small man Brown kept coming after feeling Chevez's shots hit the spot time and time again, i think someone like Gomez will probably be to much for him, from what i saw last night this guy will never be world class imo.
    Decent fighter has good outside game but doesn't use it nearly enough Wiley was able to back him into ropes few times and bang away Chavez Jr does not use his height advantage enough and thats first big problem right there other than that i was quite impressed he certainly has some good body shots like his father.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm impressed with his temperment and also his patience, and well like i said he fought with a bum, but so did Lopez and i thought Chavez Jr. put on a better performance than Lopez did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales
    i'm impressed with his temperment and also his patience, and well like i said he fought with a bum, but so did Lopez and i thought Chavez Jr. put on a better performance than Lopez did
    Youn know what i think he has a very entertaining style and he puts his punches together really nicely, but i just have this sneaky feeling he gets exposed when he meets someone who backs him up, i hope im wrong his Dad's a legend and like i say he is quite exciting to watch, do you think his future lies at 147 or 154?? He is only young and he is a big lad.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to tell you the truth i think it's gonna be 154 and higher, cause he looked pretty skinny on saturday, and the fight was at 154, plus he's 6 ft something i believe they said on the fight, and well i think that his frame alone wont let him get down to welter, and if he can it wont be for very long, i think that's why they got him out of 140 so quickly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what if we said "Chavez Jr vs. De La Hoya" in 2010, 3 yrs down the road. Chavez Jr. retires De La Hoya in grand fashion. wouldnt that be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz
    i'm hoping to see a Chavez-Maglignaggi fight soon. hopefully it'll end in a double KO in the 1st round.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Considering he didn't have any amateur fights he's really not that bad.

But he isn't fighting anybody like Collazo or Quintana anytime soon, that would be stupidity.

Like Amat said, Gomez wouldn't be bad but even there, I don't that's likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if he steps in with Malinaggi anytime soon he will get an education.....I know he does not have the strength to KO Paulie...If Cotto couldn't Jr won't.....I don't think he can outbox him either
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information